Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56 (page 2 of 4)

3.8

• Safety
Papamike

PapamikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Blower

I have used many different blowers over a 7 year period while running a gardening and mowing business and this was the best.
I like the way it starts easily and feels good in the hand and blows powerfully and I've never had any trouble with it. I bought it on special and wished that I had bought one years ago.

It has a vacuum attachment but I've not used it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

great blower, tough as nails

Bought 3 BG56 for major garden 3 years ago,its 14 acres in size,these blowers get used 5 days a week for hours on end and pretty much get an absolute thrashing every time they are used ,havent had any dramas just normal servicing as required.
Any people who visit the garden ask me about them,so i tell them dont bother with any other brand,buy sthil.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Bigted

Bigted

Not as good as they say they are

I must admit u use it every day but after about 3 years of faultless use its just let go today. Running WOT and then bang....clunk, clunk , clunk. I think the piston broke or something. Engine wont even turn over now. Problem is Stihl wont even consider a warrany claim unless its within the 2 years from purchase and you can prove you have used Stihl oil at 50:1.
So i went out and bought an Echo. Same price with an unlimited 5 year warrany with any oil, no questions.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Lindsay5710

Lindsay5710Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great performer

I've had this unit now for about 2 years and it hasnt missed a beat. It is only used around the house (outside!) but it does everything I need it to do. In retrospect, I wish I'd bought a blower with VAC function as it would make it easier to finish the clean up off. As far as the blower goes though I'd happily recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Mike

MikeCabewarra

Great blower machine

I bought this blower a couple of weeks ago. Excellent system. Starts easily, and blows well. Haven't used the vac feature yet, but as a blower, very happy. These are easy to use machines. When you buy, get the Stihl dealer to explain how to operate it. Also, understand, what you need to know regarding maintenance. Thanks Stihl.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointed

Usage; one/twice a week. Homeowner use only.
Year one; Hard to pull and start as the compression is so tight. A female would find it impossible.
Year two; Lose of power, carburator issue's that cleaning does not solve. I use ethanol free fuel with stabil added.
Ordering a new carb now, hope to get one more year out of it. I will never buy another Stihl product.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Tim

TimHobart

underpowered rubbish

Bought one today, would be lucky blow the froth off a beer, underpowered rubbish, have a fs 85 brushcutter which is an excellent machine, extremely disappointed with the blower. Having had echo blowers in the past the Bg 56 does not have anywhere near the amount of blowing force. Will be returning it to the Stihl dealer on Monday.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Jpa

JpaSydney

Lacks power

Purchased Stihl bg56 blower
Disappointed in the power of the unit compared to my old GMC from Bunnings.
I have a lot of leaves on my drive, it doesn't seem to clean like the old machine.
I expected better productivity , I even purchased the extra slim nozzle attachment.

John

JohnHunter Region, NSW

Great little unit, vac function can clog up

Frank

FrankAdelaide

Great blower

I purchased a new BG 56 and it is great machine. I also have a used BG 86 and use it for larger areas because it has more power and less vibration on the hands, but for domestic use the BG 56 does an excellent job at a fare price.

Marcus

Marcus

Reliable Stihl

For the money, it is unbeatable.
I was worried there wouldnt be enough power, but I was wrong.
I thought it would be too heavy but I was wrong.
I also own an electric one, but this is so much more convenient.
The only wish I had is that the vacuum attachment wasnt $149.

Martin

Martinyogimoose@aol.com

another Stihl classic

This unit I bought second hand after a local council worked it into the ground. I got it as a back up for a smaller blower but have used it constantly for 3 years now. Can't believe it's still going. Only use it for blowing but it's unbreakable. I originally thought it wouldn't last long but the price was good and I haven't looked back. Everyone has different experiences with products but I have had all good experiences with Stihl gear and I use them a lot for my business.

Great Blower!

I am a owing contractor & have been so for many years,The BG56 is one of the best blowers on the market-mine gets used around 10 times a day & is currently 4 years old,i have never had a problem with it,hot or cold it always starts & good air speed!

Country boy

Country boyLitchfield, NT

4 months in review

Well, 4 months in and I love it. For best starting results just prime the bulb 1.5 times. Blows great. I use it about 6 times a week commercially and it's great. Would buy another in a heart beat. Fuel lasts a long time and plenty of power. Wouldn't need any more than what it offers. Ever

Find out how Stihl BG 56 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

Lightweight, but a little hard on your hands

If you have a big yard, the vibration will leave your hands tingling. Other than that, works great. 2nd Stihl i own and becoming a loyal fan!

You get what you pay for

I have bought cheep models for years and they last at the most 2 years, The sec. I started the 56c I was satisfied, clean sound, great power, easy start wet leaves are no problem, I am impressed with the low fuel consumption, my stihl is awesome! The 2 ringed piston is a great design for any small engine, gotta go and blow leaves and sticks off my drive and lawn! Go Sthil!

Tim RobinsonGilbertsville, Pennsylvania

Junk

Bg56 huge waist of money! Took it in for repair twice under warranty, in the last year it's been in five times once they tried to rebuild the carb. Still doesn't work! Actually got it started about four to five times to use , rest of the time is in the shop !

Tim Robinson

Called Stihl and told them my problem,they called shop where I live and payed for repairs under their supervision! Blower works great now

Tim Robinson

Had it now over a year and still working great

jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

blows great.

Blows great and is considerably better than the Honda 4 stroke I use too. By a good 50%. I've only had the BG56 for a few weeks though now and it can take up to about 5 pulls to get going. It needs to idle for 30 secs before blowing it's best, just like 2 stroke brush cutters. Hopefully it lasts!

jeremy.ieraci

UPDATE** after now owning for 6 months and using professionally I rate the BG56 5 stars. It starts even better than before, is good on fuel, has plenty of power and has been reliable

Never again

Ignition module failed after 2 months and they replaced it and it still didn't work properly. So now just after a year its done it again. Absolutely shocking treatment at morayfield stihl dealer. Im disgusted in how they treat customers. Also ill add i use it once a day for 10 minutes and it cant even handle that.... what a joke.