Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56 (page 3 of 5)

• Safety
Frank
FrankAdelaide

Great blower

I purchased a new BG 56 and it is great machine. I also have a used BG 86 and use it for larger areas because it has more power and less vibration on the hands, but for domestic use the BG 56 does an excellent job at a fare price.

Marcus
Marcus

Reliable Stihl

For the money, it is unbeatable.
I was worried there wouldnt be enough power, but I was wrong.
I thought it would be too heavy but I was wrong.
I also own an electric one, but this is so much more convenient.
The only wish I had is that the vacuum attachment wasnt $149.

Martin
Martinyogimoose@aol.com

another Stihl classic

This unit I bought second hand after a local council worked it into the ground. I got it as a back up for a smaller blower but have used it constantly for 3 years now. Can't believe it's still going. Only use it for blowing but it's unbreakable. I originally thought it wouldn't last long but the price was good and I haven't looked back. Everyone has different experiences with products but I have had all good experiences with Stihl gear and I use them a lot for my business.

Great Blower!

I am a owing contractor & have been so for many years,The BG56 is one of the best blowers on the market-mine gets used around 10 times a day & is currently 4 years old,i have never had a problem with it,hot or cold it always starts & good air speed!

Country boy
Country boyLitchfield, NT

4 months in review

Well, 4 months in and I love it. For best starting results just prime the bulb 1.5 times. Blows great. I use it about 6 times a week commercially and it's great. Would buy another in a heart beat. Fuel lasts a long time and plenty of power. Wouldn't need any more than what it offers. Ever

Lightweight, but a little hard on your hands

If you have a big yard, the vibration will leave your hands tingling. Other than that, works great. 2nd Stihl i own and becoming a loyal fan!

You get what you pay for

I have bought cheep models for years and they last at the most 2 years, The sec. I started the 56c I was satisfied, clean sound, great power, easy start wet leaves are no problem, I am impressed with the low fuel consumption, my stihl is awesome! The 2 ringed piston is a great design for any small engine, gotta go and blow leaves and sticks off my drive and lawn! Go Sthil!

Tim RobinsonGilbertsville, Pennsylvania

Junk

Bg56 huge waist of money! Took it in for repair twice under warranty, in the last year it's been in five times once they tried to rebuild the carb. Still doesn't work! Actually got it started about four to five times to use , rest of the time is in the shop !

Tim Robinson

Called Stihl and told them my problem,they called shop where I live and payed for repairs under their supervision! Blower works great now

Tim Robinson

Had it now over a year and still working great

jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

blows great.

Blows great and is considerably better than the Honda 4 stroke I use too. By a good 50%. I've only had the BG56 for a few weeks though now and it can take up to about 5 pulls to get going. It needs to idle for 30 secs before blowing it's best, just like 2 stroke brush cutters. Hopefully it lasts!

jeremy.ieraci

UPDATE** after now owning for 6 months and using professionally I rate the BG56 5 stars. It starts even better than before, is good on fuel, has plenty of power and has been reliable

Never again

Ignition module failed after 2 months and they replaced it and it still didn't work properly. So now just after a year its done it again. Absolutely shocking treatment at morayfield stihl dealer. Im disgusted in how they treat customers. Also ill add i use it once a day for 10 minutes and it cant even handle that.... what a joke.

Stihl doesn't work

i listened to my dealer and did everything they said regarding fuel type, methods to start up etc and the machine still does not start easily. When it does, and I with it off temporarily for leaf clearance it won't restart. the product is rubbish.

Tim Pearson
Tim PearsonPerth, WA

Not the quality you'd expect to see in a stihl product

My bg56 blower packed up after 2 months. The ignition module failed. Its tools like these that give stihl a bad name. Their intention to sell tools for home use - the mums and dads has resulted in a slight loss of quality through their desire to market domestic tools competitively. Shonky ignition modules, inferior carbies, mufflers that clog up, weak alloys and tools that don't stay running. Many of their flagship tools arn't made in germany anymore, let alone their Walmart style replica range.

Greg S.
Greg S.

Listen to your dealer

People who have trouble starting their BG 56 stihl blower should follow the selling dealers starting instructions. Use fresh fuel,not old stuff left in machine over winter, and will have no problems using this great machine,

Stu Nurande
Stu Nurande

Pay extra for this make

Guest user
Guest userMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Power, easy to use

I was sick of running extension cords to run the electric blower vac, which was cumbersome, noisy and generated lots of dust when vacuuming. So purchased the BG 56 recently, $249 including vacuum attachment. Easy start, easy to handle, powerful wind and very effective at sweeping the driveway. Will stick to Stihl oil, as other reviewers have advised. Not sure about the gutter cleaner yet, but at least it is an option. My first Stihl product, I feel like I'm in the top league now.
Value when vac attachment included, ease of start, handling

Philo
Philoasked

Unusual situation. The blower has worked well for 12 years. Today , for an unknown reason the blower shaft literally blew off. Trying to reattach it did not work, unless I held it in place. Any explanations or suggestions? Thanks

Rocketman

Hi Take it to your nearest Stihl dealer, Im sure they will reinsert it for no charge.

Glenn C.
Glenn C.asked

Approximate price

$400AU

andrew
andrewasked

how do you atatch vacuum,please

GrillaBBQ
GrillaBBQ

Hi Andrew you need a flat screwdriver, turn the sthil on it's side white air intake upwards. Locate the slot that you can insert the screw driver to release the cover. Pull cover back and look for the imprinted arrows on the side of the intake and the large tube which will suck up the leaves, line them up and twist the sleeve to lock the two together. Repeat the same for the bag collector. There might be a video on youtube?

CategoryPetrol Blower Vacuums