Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sam
SamCanberra

Works well, starts easy

It's reasonably light and easy to use, provides plenty of blowing power that gets the job done, I use it for grass trimmings, leaves and also for our 20mm gravel driveway clean-up so it has enough power to blow the gravel back where it's supposed to be. The only thing that makes me wish I had bought the model up from this one is the anti vibration that this unit lacks, you don't really notice the vibration too much though (until you try the better model and you can barely tell its running from the feel of it).

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Bob41
Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

So Far So Very Good

I Do Believe I Have Finally Bought a Blower that Will Keep The Wife Happy for a Decent Time Lets Hope So. After Two Bad Experiences with other Brands, It is Light weight Powerfull, quiet & Well Balanced Very Happy to this point with it, I should have bought a stihl in the first place

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Peeved
Peeved

Build fault

Have had two of these one to blow the leaves and the others to vacuum and mulch. Works okay but both have developed fault that causes the engine to die when revved up. The fault is almost as expensive as a new one to fix. I will look at alternative brands.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Petrol Blower Vacuums

Find out how Stihl BG 56 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

denis
denisPerth, WA

Good shop

Stihl Malaga sell good quality equipment and a reasonable price. I have been going there for 15 plus years and still have the products I bought then. I get lawnmower, whipper snipper and edger serviced at Stihl in Malaga. Good customer service. I will be going back again this week.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Tony
Tony

Brilliant

The Stihl BG 56 is great for cleaning up around the carport,driveway and garden.Saves me a lot of time,easy starting and very efficient.My neighbour borrowed it one day and was thoroughly impressed by being lightweight and its efficiency,didn't take much convincing,to talk him into buying his own. He is a another happy customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Bigted
Bigted

Not as good as they say they are

I must admit u use it every day but after about 3 years of faultless use its just let go today. Running WOT and then bang....clunk, clunk , clunk. I think the piston broke or something. Engine wont even turn over now. Problem is Stihl wont even consider a warrany claim unless its within the 2 years from purchase and you can prove you have used Stihl oil at 50:1.
So i went out and bought an Echo. Same price with an unlimited 5 year warrany with any oil, no questions.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Jpa
JpaSydney

Lacks power

Purchased Stihl bg56 blower
Disappointed in the power of the unit compared to my old GMC from Bunnings.
I have a lot of leaves on my drive, it doesn't seem to clean like the old machine.
I expected better productivity , I even purchased the extra slim nozzle attachment.

John
JohnHunter Region, NSW

Great little unit, vac function can clog up

Marcus
Marcus

Reliable Stihl

For the money, it is unbeatable.
I was worried there wouldnt be enough power, but I was wrong.
I thought it would be too heavy but I was wrong.
I also own an electric one, but this is so much more convenient.
The only wish I had is that the vacuum attachment wasnt $149.

Petrol Blower Vacuums

Find out how Stihl BG 56 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

Lightweight, but a little hard on your hands

If you have a big yard, the vibration will leave your hands tingling. Other than that, works great. 2nd Stihl i own and becoming a loyal fan!

Tim Pearson
Tim PearsonPerth, WA

Not the quality you'd expect to see in a stihl product

My bg56 blower packed up after 2 months. The ignition module failed. Its tools like these that give stihl a bad name. Their intention to sell tools for home use - the mums and dads has resulted in a slight loss of quality through their desire to market domestic tools competitively. Shonky ignition modules, inferior carbies, mufflers that clog up, weak alloys and tools that don't stay running. Many of their flagship tools arn't made in germany anymore, let alone their Walmart style replica range.

Campcook77
Campcook77AU

Does a good job and very tough

Slazmo
SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hard on the hands and good on the leaves...

Denisep
DenisepWA, 6330

Makes my life easier.

It has been a reliable and consistent appliance and I could not do without it at our place. It always starts first time everytime and we have never had anything go wrong with it in 4 years. We also went and bought a Stihl Whipper snipper as we liked it so much.
Reliable

Philo
Philoasked

Unusual situation. The blower has worked well for 12 years. Today , for an unknown reason the blower shaft literally blew off. Trying to reattach it did not work, unless I held it in place. Any explanations or suggestions? Thanks

Rocketman

Hi Take it to your nearest Stihl dealer, Im sure they will reinsert it for no charge.

Glenn C.
Glenn C.asked

Approximate price

$400AU

andrew
andrewasked

how do you atatch vacuum,please

GrillaBBQ
GrillaBBQ

Hi Andrew you need a flat screwdriver, turn the sthil on it's side white air intake upwards. Locate the slot that you can insert the screw driver to release the cover. Pull cover back and look for the imprinted arrows on the side of the intake and the large tube which will suck up the leaves, line them up and twist the sleeve to lock the two together. Repeat the same for the bag collector. There might be a video on youtube?

CategoryPetrol Blower Vacuums