Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety

it will start up on a cold start first pull but after use go and start it takes 6 7 pulls

its good enough for anything.small stone leaves dirt its not the best blower i will not buy another stihl product it broke down with not even 2 hrs on it i have a weedeater brand blower 8 years old no issues and only 65 bucks and is more powerfull

Purchased in April 2021 at colsons for $158.00.

Gavin V.
Gavin V.Perth, WA

Entry level blower

The blower itself is a little disappointing in power. It also does not come with a flat nozzle. It does excel in its design features with the adjustable choke and carby adjustments.

Purchased in June 2019 for $249.00.

GrillaBBQBrisbane

Less than 12 months and on my third repair!

Purchased in May 2018.

Sam
SamCanberra

Works well, starts easy

It's reasonably light and easy to use, provides plenty of blowing power that gets the job done, I use it for grass trimmings, leaves and also for our 20mm gravel driveway clean-up so it has enough power to blow the gravel back where it's supposed to be. The only thing that makes me wish I had bought the model up from this one is the anti vibration that this unit lacks, you don't really notice the vibration too much though (until you try the better model and you can barely tell its running from the feel of it).

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Bob41
Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

So Far So Very Good

I Do Believe I Have Finally Bought a Blower that Will Keep The Wife Happy for a Decent Time Lets Hope So. After Two Bad Experiences with other Brands, It is Light weight Powerfull, quiet & Well Balanced Very Happy to this point with it, I should have bought a stihl in the first place

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Do Not Buy

That starter spring is extremely weak be prepared to spend $35.00 for repairs or learn how to replace the $2.00 starter spring on a regular basis, you must barely pull the starter or it will bend every time, just kicked mine to the curb. This unit is NOT Stihl quality.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Peeved
Peeved

Build fault

Have had two of these one to blow the leaves and the others to vacuum and mulch. Works okay but both have developed fault that causes the engine to die when revved up. The fault is almost as expensive as a new one to fix. I will look at alternative brands.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
george
georgeSydney, NSW

Sh*t

bought what i thought was a good blower, Brand new from Stihl Dealer took it home started it, used it for approx 10mins put it in the shed went to use it about 3 weeks later & it refused to start. Followed starting instructions as per the manual. It just refused to start. I have tried about 6 times since to start it, it kicks, idles for about 3 seconds then cuts out. Took it back to the dealer who said it was my fault that it wouldnt start,(typical) the dealer tried starting it & it refused to start. Bull shi*ted to me & Wanted to charge me to fix it biggest piece of sh*t i have bought, Threw it in the shed & went & bought a cheap Ryobi from Bunnings. that has not let me down.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
denis
denisPerth, WA

Good shop

Stihl Malaga sell good quality equipment and a reasonable price. I have been going there for 15 plus years and still have the products I bought then. I get lawnmower, whipper snipper and edger serviced at Stihl in Malaga. Good customer service. I will be going back again this week.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Ply313
Ply313

Average at best

Used one for over a year in my lawn business.
Starts great from cold, rarely starts easily when hot and an absolute pig to start in very hot weather. Out of six or so different machines I use its the only one that gives me grief.
Power is ok once going but I want something I dont have to pull 5 times to start..

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Tony
Tony

Brilliant

The Stihl BG 56 is great for cleaning up around the carport,driveway and garden.Saves me a lot of time,easy starting and very efficient.My neighbour borrowed it one day and was thoroughly impressed by being lightweight and its efficiency,didn't take much convincing,to talk him into buying his own. He is a another happy customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Bigted
Bigted

Not as good as they say they are

I must admit u use it every day but after about 3 years of faultless use its just let go today. Running WOT and then bang....clunk, clunk , clunk. I think the piston broke or something. Engine wont even turn over now. Problem is Stihl wont even consider a warrany claim unless its within the 2 years from purchase and you can prove you have used Stihl oil at 50:1.
So i went out and bought an Echo. Same price with an unlimited 5 year warrany with any oil, no questions.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Disappointed

Usage; one/twice a week. Homeowner use only.
Year one; Hard to pull and start as the compression is so tight. A female would find it impossible.
Year two; Lose of power, carburator issue's that cleaning does not solve. I use ethanol free fuel with stabil added.
Ordering a new carb now, hope to get one more year out of it. I will never buy another Stihl product.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Tim
TimHobart

underpowered rubbish

Bought one today, would be lucky blow the froth off a beer, underpowered rubbish, have a fs 85 brushcutter which is an excellent machine, extremely disappointed with the blower. Having had echo blowers in the past the Bg 56 does not have anywhere near the amount of blowing force. Will be returning it to the Stihl dealer on Monday.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Jpa
JpaSydney

Lacks power

Purchased Stihl bg56 blower
Disappointed in the power of the unit compared to my old GMC from Bunnings.
I have a lot of leaves on my drive, it doesn't seem to clean like the old machine.
I expected better productivity , I even purchased the extra slim nozzle attachment.

Philo
Philoasked

Unusual situation. The blower has worked well for 12 years. Today , for an unknown reason the blower shaft literally blew off. Trying to reattach it did not work, unless I held it in place. Any explanations or suggestions? Thanks

Rocketman

Hi Take it to your nearest Stihl dealer, Im sure they will reinsert it for no charge.

Glenn C.
Glenn C.asked

Approximate price

$400AU

andrew
andrewasked

how do you atatch vacuum,please

GrillaBBQ

Hi Andrew you need a flat screwdriver, turn the sthil on it's side white air intake upwards. Locate the slot that you can insert the screw driver to release the cover. Pull cover back and look for the imprinted arrows on the side of the intake and the large tube which will suck up the leaves, line them up and twist the sleeve to lock the two together. Repeat the same for the bag collector. There might be a video on youtube?

CategoryPetrol Blower Vacuums