Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56 (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
Tim
TimHobart

underpowered rubbish

Bought one today, would be lucky blow the froth off a beer, underpowered rubbish, have a fs 85 brushcutter which is an excellent machine, extremely disappointed with the blower. Having had echo blowers in the past the Bg 56 does not have anywhere near the amount of blowing force. Will be returning it to the Stihl dealer on Monday.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Jpa
JpaSydney

Lacks power

Purchased Stihl bg56 blower
Disappointed in the power of the unit compared to my old GMC from Bunnings.
I have a lot of leaves on my drive, it doesn't seem to clean like the old machine.
I expected better productivity , I even purchased the extra slim nozzle attachment.

John
JohnHunter Region, NSW

Great little unit, vac function can clog up

Frank
FrankAdelaide

Great blower

I purchased a new BG 56 and it is great machine. I also have a used BG 86 and use it for larger areas because it has more power and less vibration on the hands, but for domestic use the BG 56 does an excellent job at a fare price.

Marcus
Marcus

Reliable Stihl

For the money, it is unbeatable.
I was worried there wouldnt be enough power, but I was wrong.
I thought it would be too heavy but I was wrong.
I also own an electric one, but this is so much more convenient.
The only wish I had is that the vacuum attachment wasnt $149.

Martin
Martinyogimoose@aol.com

another Stihl classic

This unit I bought second hand after a local council worked it into the ground. I got it as a back up for a smaller blower but have used it constantly for 3 years now. Can't believe it's still going. Only use it for blowing but it's unbreakable. I originally thought it wouldn't last long but the price was good and I haven't looked back. Everyone has different experiences with products but I have had all good experiences with Stihl gear and I use them a lot for my business.

Great Blower!

I am a owing contractor & have been so for many years,The BG56 is one of the best blowers on the market-mine gets used around 10 times a day & is currently 4 years old,i have never had a problem with it,hot or cold it always starts & good air speed!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Country boy
Country boyLitchfield, NT

4 months in review

Well, 4 months in and I love it. For best starting results just prime the bulb 1.5 times. Blows great. I use it about 6 times a week commercially and it's great. Would buy another in a heart beat. Fuel lasts a long time and plenty of power. Wouldn't need any more than what it offers. Ever

Lightweight, but a little hard on your hands

If you have a big yard, the vibration will leave your hands tingling. Other than that, works great. 2nd Stihl i own and becoming a loyal fan!

Find out how Stihl BG 56 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

You get what you pay for

I have bought cheep models for years and they last at the most 2 years, The sec. I started the 56c I was satisfied, clean sound, great power, easy start wet leaves are no problem, I am impressed with the low fuel consumption, my stihl is awesome! The 2 ringed piston is a great design for any small engine, gotta go and blow leaves and sticks off my drive and lawn! Go Sthil!

Tim RobinsonGilbertsville, Pennsylvania

Junk

Bg56 huge waist of money! Took it in for repair twice under warranty, in the last year it's been in five times once they tried to rebuild the carb. Still doesn't work! Actually got it started about four to five times to use , rest of the time is in the shop !

Tim Robinson

Called Stihl and told them my problem,they called shop where I live and payed for repairs under their supervision! Blower works great now

Tim Robinson

Had it now over a year and still working great

Never again

Ignition module failed after 2 months and they replaced it and it still didn't work properly. So now just after a year its done it again. Absolutely shocking treatment at morayfield stihl dealer. Im disgusted in how they treat customers. Also ill add i use it once a day for 10 minutes and it cant even handle that.... what a joke.

Stihl doesn't work

i listened to my dealer and did everything they said regarding fuel type, methods to start up etc and the machine still does not start easily. When it does, and I with it off temporarily for leaf clearance it won't restart. the product is rubbish.

Tim Pearson
Tim PearsonPerth, WA

Not the quality you'd expect to see in a stihl product

My bg56 blower packed up after 2 months. The ignition module failed. Its tools like these that give stihl a bad name. Their intention to sell tools for home use - the mums and dads has resulted in a slight loss of quality through their desire to market domestic tools competitively. Shonky ignition modules, inferior carbies, mufflers that clog up, weak alloys and tools that don't stay running. Many of their flagship tools arn't made in germany anymore, let alone their Walmart style replica range.

Greg S.
Greg S.

Listen to your dealer

People who have trouble starting their BG 56 stihl blower should follow the selling dealers starting instructions. Use fresh fuel,not old stuff left in machine over winter, and will have no problems using this great machine,

Stu Nurande
Stu Nurande

Pay extra for this make

Guest user
Guest userMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Power, easy to use

I was sick of running extension cords to run the electric blower vac, which was cumbersome, noisy and generated lots of dust when vacuuming. So purchased the BG 56 recently, $249 including vacuum attachment. Easy start, easy to handle, powerful wind and very effective at sweeping the driveway. Will stick to Stihl oil, as other reviewers have advised. Not sure about the gutter cleaner yet, but at least it is an option. My first Stihl product, I feel like I'm in the top league now.
Value when vac attachment included, ease of start, handling

DC
DCPerth

Best Tool In my Shed

I never get tired of using my Stihl blower. It's powerful enough to keep my yard neat and tidy and starts 1st or 2nd pull of the cord. Setting it up to use the as a vacuum takes a few goes to perfect but works a treat in getting leaves out of the garden.
If I were to add any improvement it would be to supply a fuel mixing container.
Powerful, Reliable, Easy to start
None

Rubbish

Purchased still blower as supposed to be quality, has never run correctly from day one always had a flat spot servicing could not ever get it to run correctly.
Now it will not rev at all and stalls complete rubbish at least my pope blower for half the price still runs great. I will never buy s Stihl product again!
Nothing
Never has run correctly

moonsushi
moonsushi

HappyGilmour
HappyGilmourAU

A Blowing Beauty!

Simple, starts easily, awesome blowing ability and relatively quiet! This machine has been well engineered and built with the usual Stihl quality components. I expect to get may years of blow out of this machine.
Easy to start, reliable and does a great job.

graeme g
graeme g

249 bucks what great tool lite easy to use starts first time no vibration very happy

Geoff22
Geoff22

Sounds as if the above was written be a stihl marketer - not a real user

Load of crap

Used once blew fine.
Took it out to use a second time did not start. Took it back to Stihl dealer only to be told 2 weeks until they can look at it.
Never again. Much better success with cheaper alternatives.
I bought a Stihl for the quality it aint there , go elsewhere.

Total garbage, never agian buy a Stihl.

stihlshop1
stihlshop1
Campcook77
Campcook77AU

Does a good job and very tough

Slazmo
SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hard on the hands and good on the leaves...

Entry level blower that blew me away