Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
Blane F.
Blane F.Sydney, NSW

Works well

Yeah works great brought 1-2years ago and it still last good
They showed me how to start it happy with it
Now brought a stihl hedge trimmer and gonna see how that works

Purchased in April 2019 at GYC for $250.00.

RocketmanHamilton

OK for about 4 years but Stihl agent did not service well.

Purchased in January 2011 at Stihl Dealer for $500.00.

Paul
PaulSydney

Awesome little blower!

This blower has paid for itself again & again! I have used it since 2011 as a contract cleaner (cleaning gutters, car parks, you name it, it’s done it) without one problem. Never changed the spark plug, starts nearly first pull every time. Its weight and balance in operating the machine is perfect. Always use ear muffs as they are alittle on the loud side. The plastics used and internal components in this model are made to a very high standard. It’s been dropped numerous times (accidentally) sometimes 5-6meters and nothing has ever broken on it. It just works. It’s Simply an Awesome little blower! When it eventually dies, I will back for another for sure. Thank you Stihl

Purchased in January 2011 for $299.00.

Stewart's handyman servi
Stewart's handyman serviFar North Queensland, QLD

6years of contracting use and still going strong

Bought this back in 2013 , never had an issue. I use it up to a couple of hours daily to finish off lawn mowing jobs and couldn’t be happier with it.
I wire brush the spark arrestor every few months to get rid of carbon build up and that’s it for maintenance
Was thinking about getting a new one soon and will definitely be going for a stihl

Purchased in February 2013 for $249.00.

Sam
SamCanberra

Works well, starts easy

It's reasonably light and easy to use, provides plenty of blowing power that gets the job done, I use it for grass trimmings, leaves and also for our 20mm gravel driveway clean-up so it has enough power to blow the gravel back where it's supposed to be. The only thing that makes me wish I had bought the model up from this one is the anti vibration that this unit lacks, you don't really notice the vibration too much though (until you try the better model and you can barely tell its running from the feel of it).

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Bob41
Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

So Far So Very Good

I Do Believe I Have Finally Bought a Blower that Will Keep The Wife Happy for a Decent Time Lets Hope So. After Two Bad Experiences with other Brands, It is Light weight Powerfull, quiet & Well Balanced Very Happy to this point with it, I should have bought a stihl in the first place

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Peeved
Peeved

Build fault

Have had two of these one to blow the leaves and the others to vacuum and mulch. Works okay but both have developed fault that causes the engine to die when revved up. The fault is almost as expensive as a new one to fix. I will look at alternative brands.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
denis
denisPerth, WA

Good shop

Stihl Malaga sell good quality equipment and a reasonable price. I have been going there for 15 plus years and still have the products I bought then. I get lawnmower, whipper snipper and edger serviced at Stihl in Malaga. Good customer service. I will be going back again this week.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
mrpatto
mrpattoSydney

Excellent Blower

This is my first ever blower. Wish I had bought one years ago! So easy with this petrol blower. Easy to start. Very strong blow! Very lightweight and easy to carry around. Came with a free vacuum kit that is very handy in the garage! Very well built product. I’ve been using for s month now and I would say that my clean up time after mowing takes only 10 minutes when it used to take hours!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Drew t
Drew tQueensland

Love this machine starts well all the time i have a vacuum kit for it it works well it cost me $269 yet again i love this machine would recommend this product to any one i use it after a storm iot works well i use it almost every day

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Theos62
Theos62AU

At last no powercords. Powerful and easy to use.

Starts easily and powerful. Used to have a 240v unit and it was a pain to get the power-lead out and then put away. Also have a battery one but that is OK for a light clean. The Stihl BG 56 gets the job done and is quick and easy to use. It also came with a free vac kit, but probably wont the vac.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Nothing better

I bought my BG 56 C-E in 2011. It has been everything it was advertised to be. Starts easy, runs strong, blows hard and never needed anything but regular maintenance per the book.
Yesterday someone stole it. They must have heard how good it was and decided they deserved it more than me.
I will be going to my Stihl to get another one as soon as the police have had a chance to check the pawn shops.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

jasey88
jasey88Melbourne

Awesome Tool

I use it to clean the fallen bird seeds in my alfresco now instead of sweeping, makes it so much easier and its so powerful that it blows the pebbles as well.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Tony
Tony

Brilliant

The Stihl BG 56 is great for cleaning up around the carport,driveway and garden.Saves me a lot of time,easy starting and very efficient.My neighbour borrowed it one day and was thoroughly impressed by being lightweight and its efficiency,didn't take much convincing,to talk him into buying his own. He is a another happy customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Scott
ScottCentral West, NSW

Fantastic garden tool

The Stihl BG56 is a great tool for cleaning up around the garden and also the carport and shed. Its fast light wieght and starts easily. I would definitely recommend this product for people who want to make their lives easier without the need for long extension cords the need for a power point.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Philo
Philoasked

Unusual situation. The blower has worked well for 12 years. Today , for an unknown reason the blower shaft literally blew off. Trying to reattach it did not work, unless I held it in place. Any explanations or suggestions? Thanks

Rocketman

Hi Take it to your nearest Stihl dealer, Im sure they will reinsert it for no charge.

Glenn C.
Glenn C.asked

Approximate price

$400AU

andrew
andrewasked

how do you atatch vacuum,please

GrillaBBQ
GrillaBBQ

Hi Andrew you need a flat screwdriver, turn the sthil on it's side white air intake upwards. Locate the slot that you can insert the screw driver to release the cover. Pull cover back and look for the imprinted arrows on the side of the intake and the large tube which will suck up the leaves, line them up and twist the sleeve to lock the two together. Repeat the same for the bag collector. There might be a video on youtube?

CategoryPetrol Blower Vacuums