Stihl BG 85

Stihl BG 85

Fred Jones

Fred JonesQueensland, Qld

The best Blower on the market but then again its a Stihl.

I've owned our Stihl BG 85 for 15 years and except for the fuel pump thingy cracking and the cord needing to be replaced it just keeps going and going. We live out in the bush and use ours regularly to blow the dust off everything and to blow the leaves out the shed. An A1 product but like I said in the title it is a Stihl so I'd expect nothing less.

M. RistevskiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great blower/vac

This is, by far, the best blower vac we have purchased, It starts first time every time. The amount of power it generates is second to none, even wet leaves, debris are moved effortlessly. Uses very little fuel and is very easy to operate. The vacuum part is also by far the best we have had in the past. Great machine!!

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

reliable, quite powerful blower

I've had the blower as an gardening contractor, maintaining a couple of gardens daily, for the past 11years. I use stihl 50: 1 oil with unleaded petrol, I find if i leave the blower in a hot tool box on the rear of the ute. Pressure builds up in fuel tank and it won't start. When I arrive at a garden, i put the blower in a shady spot, then after say strimming, the blower is ready for use.
    a year ago i had the handle grip replaced and a full service that cost me $84 at kenmore mower.
    usually i vacuum the paper air filter every 4 months, and then replace it every 4 years, i've had one or two spark plugs otherwise its been trouble free !!
    very reliable, quite powerful, not too heavy blower
    rather noisy

gardener george

now thirteen years old, i've just had the carbon removed from the exhaust, a new spark plug and air filter, and its running lovely,
    i need the carbon removed from the exhaust every two or three years, forgot to mention before,

gardener george

replaced the blower as began having occasionally starting difficulties, gave to my brother in law, as didn't want to start cursing on a job, bought the new Stihl BG 86 blower on the 24th nov. finding it very good !!

Petrol Blower Vacuums

Find out how Stihl BG 85 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

bretann

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I have owned a BG85 since Feb '07 and paid $399 for it (including a free first service) I dont think they are overly expensive compared to the cheap junk one can buy at half the price that doesnt last. I would buy another Stihl product without a second thought.
    Easy start, well built, cleans up my yard effortlessly quick as a flash , typical Stihl quality.
    Havent found anything yet, apart from being noisy requiring ear muffs while using.

bear1973

bear1973AU

Great product & very easy to use. Had mine for approx 5 years now & it has vever missed a beat - no power loss, no incease in fuel use - love the product & would buy another without question.
    Note - look after it by making sure the fule mix is right & change the spark-plug every year or so - it's the best $2.50 you'll spend as it keep the motor runnig very smoothly & will help it last much longer.
    Its a Stihl - smooth & powerful engine, well balaned, very reliable.
    None i can think of

Stihl BG85

CALLOHAN

CALLOHANGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good

Bought bg85c blower thinking it would outlast cheap brands but in the end same outcome, throw away and by a new one. Probably try makita 4 stroke this time $329 not bad price.
    When working - great.
    Try and get parts or even an engine diagram from stihl . Parts overly priced. And diagram or engine schematics don't waste your time. If you need something like a new piston throw unit away.

pickett

pickett

OK

Really happy with stihl products I have purchased in the past but am indifferent about this until I find out why mine has lost so much power.
    Very powerful and does the job well.
    I have had mine for about 2 years and itg has lost a lot of its power. I don't know why but I am taking it in for a service to find out. I stupidly bought the vac attachment. It is a waste of time don't bother just pick the stuff up as it is not worth the time in changing the unit to vac and fiddling around with the atachments.