Stihl FS 120

Great machine

I owned my Fs120 for almost 15 years and it never missed a beat and was always a joy to use until someone stole it from my garage. I can only hope it blows up on the person. I'm now looking at getting another stihl because as far as i'm concerned nothing but sthil will do

Date PurchasedMay 2003

A TERRIBLE PRODUCT!... It's not worth it. All review here are not true. I will never buy again any

It's terrible! All review here are not true. I have Stihl FS 120 and I used it to cut grass in my lawn but within 1 year of using it, I faced a lot of trouble especially in starting it. It's very hard to keep it running. I brought it for repair and the magnetic coil was changed and is very expensive. I only used it for less than.20 times and it was being sent for repair already. Now it wont work easily, Im fed up of making it start. I am planning to burn it to the ground and change it with a better one even made in.China it is working better than Stihl FS 120. I will never buy again any Stihl product... It will only give you great headache and a waste of money...

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Strong and reliable

I have had my FS120 for 11 years now. We have 2 acres, which was all saplings and native grasses when we first built here, so for the first 4 years I had to use the blade- often hacking through saplings 20mm thick. Since then, I've just used the self-feeding linetrimmer head (a fantastic thing, by the way). Anyway, 11 years of hard slogging, and it's still as powerful and effective as the day I bought it. GREAT product - can't recommend it enough.
    Super-reliable, powerful, self-feeding head is a masterpiece, comfortable with the harness
    Zilch.

Can you help me to find the shaft assembly that connects to the engine I can't find any. I have good engine but the shaft and the assembly that holds the shaft to the engine is destroyed over the years

Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FS 120 compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Wallace08

This is an excellent all round brushcutter. Probably overkill for a average lawn.
    I flip it up on its side for edging and it doesn't miss a beat. I got rid of the bump feed and got a Stihl trimcut head. Although it's manual feed all you do is pull and twist the centre piece to feed more line.
    A great brushcutter. Don't forget though, you need to use this with a stihl strap
    Very powerful, starts easily.
    None at all

Shelby C.

Shelby C.asked

How much?

Harry

Do you mean how much did it cost, Shelby? If so, I understand that they don't make them anymore and they've been replaced by the FS130.

Trung N.

Trung N.asked

How much is it for stihl fs 120 mower

Keithcwm

Keithcwmasked

FS 120

Probably a silly question but is fs120 more powerful than a fs106 sthil strimmer?

Harry

Nope - not a silly question at all. I expected the 120 to be substantially more powerful but I was wrong and a bit disappointed initially. It's a bit heavier, and uses a poofteenth more fuel. But having said that, now that I've been using it for a fair time, I hardly use the 110 at all, because the 120 - while being not twice as powerful or anything - IS gruntier and feels more solid. Don't get me wrong - the 110 is still a great machine and continues to give me good service, but for sure, the 120 is my weapon of choice. Hope this helps.

Wallace08

The FS106 has a larger engine but I am not sure if the engine is a 4 stroke mix engine or 2 stroke (like the FS120). If the FS106 is a 2 stroke then I would say it is more powerful. As they are both no longer sold, the FS131 is probably the closest to the 120 but it has the 4 mix engine which I found to be a disappointing engine. Next closest would be the FS250. However that is a pretty heavy duty machine and well beyond a average home or small acreage block.
    I have since bought a FS94 and find it really good