Stihl FS 45 / FS 45R / FS 45 C-E

Stihl FS 45 / FS 45R / FS 45 C-E

FS 45, FS 45 C-E, FS 45R

2.4

Useless.

This thing is a pain in butt
Has been back for repairs twice because it wouldn't start.
And the head is the most annoying whipper snipper head iv ever used. Doesn't feed properly, will spit the hole line out. Just doing a backyard you to stop like 10 times to fiddle with the head to get line to come out.
Spent the extra coin on this because I had a cheap on before, this one is worse then the cheap Chinese one I had..

Alan ColesTimaru

It is good

Easy to start if you follow instuctions, choke and prime, make sure primer bubble is completly full of fuel. My one starts after 2-3 pulls on starter One fault is the line needs to be heavier. As to line not feeding out, make sure you hit line feed button with full revs, I was told by dealer to do it at idle, would not work, service agent said use high revs, no more problems Meets my needs.

Purchased for A$350.00.

Rensefx

RensefxMelbourne

I wish I could turn back time, I got “stihl’d”, oh how I wish I could turn back time!

I’m just wondering with all the comments that it SIMPLY DOES NOT START, whether comments are not from stihl employees! Nylon winding is also a problem its just a machine that is just not easy, reliable and simple as it implies. It’s not at all truthful, It should simply be impeached!

Purchased for A$250.00.

Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FS 45 / FS 45R / FS 45 C-E compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Martin

MartinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute rubbish

Worst Stihl product i ever had, hard to start keeps stalling, line wont feed, been no good since day 1. Stihl supplier at 239a beach st frankston wont do anything except to blame the user when they know it has problems keep away.

Purchased in June 2019 at Stihl Dealer for A$279.00.

Crap, crap, crap..

State facts...lol you still won't believe me when I tell you the product U sold me had played up from the the day I bought it brand new. Cause I'm aboriginal (white Aussies think some of us are dumb ) people claimed it needed to run in the rings cause it was brand new....well 4 to 5 years later, it stihl plays up. To me it seems it's not getting fuel properly cause when I pump the fuel plunger it revs back up. So yeah...I thought stihl was a good brand but it's just another crap product I've....again wasted money on. So I'll be trying Honda next, I'm too scared to buy and waste money on stihl again. Crap crap crap. Don't waste your money

Grass Type Tall grass
Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't give it away

Runs well. Starts with 3 or 4 pulls. However the line feed is the biggest piece of junk anyone has put on this earth. It will NOT self feed and you have to pull head apart every time. It went back to,dealer and he can't figure it out either. Don't waist your money buy another brand. If I could I would give a negitve rating of -5.

Purchased in October 2019 at Gympie for A$230.00.

Justchill

JustchillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sthil trying to start

Its a little short
Lound
Have had to take to the shop 3 times in 2 year
Would not start fixed under warranty
Cord snaped payed for
Carbie went out of blue runing fine then would not start 120 buck
Sthil have a good name buy a honda 4 stroke disapointed in sthil carbie are poor

Purchased in April 2018 for A$179.00.

Love to fish

Love to fishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable

I have had my FS45 easy start for about 13 years and its never given me any problems. Its mainly used around the house every week and it starts fine all the time same as my shrill blower. Would definitely by another one

Purchased in June 2006 at Sthill shop Thomastown .

c. ranky

c. rankyIllawarra, NSW

Stihl junk

Purchased in May 2019 for A$229.00.

Petrol Whipper Snippers

Ray40

Ray40Hobart, TAS

Battery powered trimmer is perfect for my needs

Purchased in August 2019 at Stihl Dealer for A$179.00.

Ed Douglass

Ed DouglassIllawarra, NSW

Follow the suppliers directions

Have had Stihls since 1977..Firstly a brush cutter which my daughter still uses ..Two chainsaws..still going..Ten years ago I purchased an FS 45 C..For home use...Following the suppliers advice as to how to start it ...pull..prime.. .choke .and off it goes ..Has never missed a beat in all this time ..Just a new spark plug every year...if in doubt read the book . Ed Douglass

Purchased in February 1999 at Wrights Chainsaws Nowra.

Grass Type Tall grass

Absolute piece of junk

Only had this for under 6 months, started well the first couple times, now you break a sweat trying to get it started...10 minutes later your heading for the fridge to crack the top of one. Goes through a ton of line an you gotta give it the berries to get through minimal grass.. Never again will I buy a stihl product.

Purchased in September 2018.

Richard Neville

Richard NevillePerth, WA

Disappointed

This whipper snipper is high revving and is very temperamental to start. It was purchased to replace my previous Stihl wipper snipper which I had had for many years but this one doesn't stack up to it's predecessor. It is used for my residential front and back garden and just meets my needs. I would hate to be using it in a large area.

Purchased in November 2017 at Beechboro Mowers for A$279.00.

See all Stihl FS 45 / FS 45R / FS 45 C-E reviews