Stihl FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE

FS 55 R-CE, FS 55 C-E

7 questions from our users

Carol sasked

FS 55 R-CE

Mine is easy to start only 6 months old but vibrates - why - seems unbalanced! How can I fix it ???

Jacko
Jacko

I probably had a lemon. 2 stroke always vibrates. That's why I bought a 4 stroke now

Carol s

Thanks for your message - I think because I’m an older woman I was a sitting duck for the sales person - it’s light to handle and does start easy but it should be better!!

Sadik J.

Carburettor assembly

Stihl happy
Stihl happy

Hi David,
Sorry never had a problem with any of my gear.

Greg

Gregasked

FS 55 R-CE

How do fix a Stihl FS 55RC whipper snipper that has has too much oil put into the fuel ?

Ken

Kenasked

FS 55 C-E

How do you tighten the head onto the shaft of a FS 55C? Mine spins around and the nut is tightened

McMatty523
McMatty523

Put a screwdriver through the hole on the shaft and turn the head till the screwdriver drops through which holds the head so you can then undo / tighten

mechanic

mechanicasked

FS 55 R-CE

Could anybody tell me where I can download a full workshop repair manual for a stihl fs55rc? thanks.

acerace
acerace

Sorry no ,try Google!!!or ring Stihl or throw it in the BIN

eddo

eddoasked

FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE

fuel mix ratio for fs/55 brushcutter?

bmorey
bmorey

50:1

Martin
Martin

Hi bm, the mixture ratios depend on the quality of the 2-stroke oil. Good quality oil only needs 50:1 mix and the crappy cheap stuff to do the same job requires 25:1 approx. Of course you can vary those ratios a bit to suit . I use about 30:1 approx of good oil.New designs of cutters and chainsaws rely on speed rather than torque so the new oils are thinner especially chainbar oil so the less friction the better so higher speeds. You will notice if the line you use in the brushcutter is just a little bit too thick that it slows the rotation of the FS55. Recommended thickness is the best.Don't think thicker line is stronger and hence better. Personally for the amount of times the average joe uses these machines it's best to get the BEST OIL.

Mark Sims
Mark Sims

Stihl has recommendations that come with the manual. They have their own brand of oil and it's overpriced as you would expect. However, as Martin said, the average punter doesnt use their machine a lot - and I'm one of those - so I use the approved oil at the approved mix ratio.

One tip for the average punter is that the diaphragms in the carbie can get tired sitting around waiting for you to use the brushcutter. You can get overhaul kits from the dealer at a massive cost or get them on ebay cheaper - but beware that Stihl like to have their own special models for the carbies. If the diaphragms go soft or leaky then the engine doesnt want to idle etc etc. I replaced mine and the whole world improved.

Stihl FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE