Simple to operate
Suitable for intense gardening
problem with the product is the users
Great machine punches above its weight never let me down in 12 years only serviced 3 times always starts and capable of clearing heavy weed .also bought brush blade for heavy thistle
Purchased in November 2006 for $280.00.
I'm not sure why so many negatives about this snipper. I am a commercial operator and I give these machines an absolute caning, with little or no servicing and I have two of these. Cuts well, I use only still 2.4mm line without any issues. Do take a little bit to start sometimes, harder if have been heated by use often, but nothing major. Does struggled well with initial throttling after starting, but keeps going after persistence. Auto line feed is a godsend for me as a commercial operator and it works well most of time, besides when it gets a little tangled. Never want to go back to the dreaded bump feed heads....paid $350.00 each for my two fs55's and worth every cent for the money they've earnt me in my business....
Purchased in March 2018 for $350.00.
Questions & Answers
Mine is easy to start only 6 months old but vibrates - why - seems unbalanced! How can I fix it ???
How much is it?
- The Stihl FS 55 R-CE features a loop handle, making it highly ergonomic and easy to operate.
- The machine uses a 2-stroke engine, making it cheaper to run and able to provide the power needed for heavy duty yard work.
- It has a quick start feature, letting you start your machine at the press of a button.
- A straight shaft means you can easily get to high and hard-to-reach areas.
- It costs $349, and has a 2 year warranty for some extra peace of mind that your machine will last.
Points of praise:
- Many reviewers found the whipper snipper easy to operate.
- They also said it worked well for a variety of purposes, including more complex, heavy duty gardening.
Something to consider:
- Reviewers were divided on how easy the machine was to start - some said it was very easy to start, some said it was fairly difficult.
|Category||Petrol Whipper Snippers||Petrol Whipper Snippers|
|Handle Type||Loop Handle|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Cutting Head Type||Line|
|Features||Easy / Quick Start|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.