Simple to operate
Suitable for intense gardening
Brilliant quality product
Very easy to start up (read manual)People that have issues I think is user error. Very powerful and easy to use, not too heavy and it's a 2 stroke so it's gonna make some noise but I love it. Modulates throttle well and auto feed cord is a god sent! Worth every cent highly recommend this to anyone.
Purchased in March 2021 for $379.00.
Cannot get consistent performance out of this machine.
Purchased machine just over 12 months ago after using a Kawasaki-powered Spear & Jackson for 35 trouble-free years. I find this machine noisy, vibration prone and engine speed is inconsistent and hard to regulate. I had it serviced once, after telling the vendor my problem, they suggested my fuel was too old/too dirty etc. - I have been running 2-strokes for 55 years! I find I need to limit my brush-cutting to under 40 min. these symptoms become worse thereafter and the machine is virtually unusable.
Purchased in December 2019 at Marriots for $379.00.
Can’t see what people are complaining about. This works beautifully.
I give this a 4 star purely because over some time it just takes less than 15 seconds to get itself going once started, after that it is runs perfectly, I read all of these bad reviews and the good ones, and I thought, sorry but it can’t be that bad. And I can tell you that it is not as bad as what people are making it out to be. It runs beautifully, with the EASY START I really wonder why people are struggling because I barely have even pull the cord to get it going first try every single time without fail, the auto feed function is absolutely...amazing and stuck a time saver, I could never ever go back to bump feeds, I use this for a wide variety of thing as well, so for people thinking to themselves that I must only be using this for minor things, ah you would be wrong. If people are having problems like the ones they have been stating then it is definitely at the owners fault, it packs a pretty good punch as well. All in all I would buy this again, and plan on buying more stihl products.
Purchased at Stihl Dealer.
Find out how Stihl FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Mine is easy to start only 6 months old but vibrates - why - seems unbalanced! How can I fix it ???
How much is it?
- The Stihl FS 55 R-CE features a loop handle, making it highly ergonomic and easy to operate.
- The machine uses a 2-stroke engine, making it cheaper to run and able to provide the power needed for heavy duty yard work.
- It has a quick start feature, letting you start your machine at the press of a button.
- A straight shaft means you can easily get to high and hard-to-reach areas.
- It costs $349, and has a 2 year warranty for some extra peace of mind that your machine will last.
Points of praise:
- Many reviewers found the whipper snipper easy to operate.
- They also said it worked well for a variety of purposes, including more complex, heavy duty gardening.
Something to consider:
- Reviewers were divided on how easy the machine was to start - some said it was very easy to start, some said it was fairly difficult.
|Category||Petrol Whipper Snippers||Petrol Whipper Snippers|
|Handle Type||Loop Handle|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Cutting Head Type||Line|
|Features||Easy / Quick Start|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.