FS 55 R-CE, FS 55 C-E
See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Simple to operate

• Suitable for intense gardening

3.7
  • Product is used
  • Safety
Marco
MarcoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant quality product

Very easy to start up (read manual)People that have issues I think is user error. Very powerful and easy to use, not too heavy and it's a 2 stroke so it's gonna make some noise but I love it. Modulates throttle well and auto feed cord is a god sent! Worth every cent highly recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in March 2021 for $379.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Short grass, Tall grass and Thick, heavy grass or weeds
Bobb09
Bobb09Gippsland, VIC

Cannot get consistent performance out of this machine.

Purchased machine just over 12 months ago after using a Kawasaki-powered Spear & Jackson for 35 trouble-free years. I find this machine noisy, vibration prone and engine speed is inconsistent and hard to regulate. I had it serviced once, after telling the vendor my problem, they suggested my fuel was too old/too dirty etc. - I have been running 2-strokes for 55 years! I find I need to limit my brush-cutting to under 40 min. these symptoms become worse thereafter and the machine is virtually unusable.

Purchased in December 2019 at Marriots for $379.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Short grass

Carol sasked
FS 55 R-CE

Mine is easy to start only 6 months old but vibrates - why - seems unbalanced! How can I fix it ???

Jacko
Jacko

I probably had a lemon. 2 stroke always vibrates. That's why I bought a 4 stroke now

Carol s

Thanks for your message - I think because I’m an older woman I was a sitting duck for the sales person - it’s light to handle and does start easy but it should be better!!

Sadik J.

Carburettor assembly

Stihl happy
Stihl happy

Hi David,
Sorry never had a problem with any of my gear.

See all Stihl FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE questions

Features

• The Stihl FS 55 R-CE features a loop handle, making it highly ergonomic and easy to operate.
  • The machine uses a 2-stroke engine, making it cheaper to run and able to provide the power needed for heavy duty yard work.
  • It has a quick start feature, letting you start your machine at the press of a button.
  • A straight shaft means you can easily get to high and hard-to-reach areas.
  • It costs $349, and has a 2 year warranty for some extra peace of mind that your machine will last.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found the whipper snipper easy to operate.
  • They also said it worked well for a variety of purposes, including more complex, heavy duty gardening.

Something to consider:

• Reviewers were divided on how easy the machine was to start - some said it was very easy to start, some said it was fairly difficult.
Compare both Stihl FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE

Engine Type2-Stroke
Engine Displacement27.2 cc
Cutting Head TypeLine
FeaturesEasy / Quick Start
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Stihl FS 55 C-E / FS 55 R-CE