Simple to operate
Suitable for intense gardening
Upgrade made the grade
This product has developed nicely in the 12 years since I’ve been running Stihl brush cutters from H&G. The base model with the bent shaft was excellent with basic maintenance, infrequently. I replaced that with this model recently. The straight shaft is easier to use. It costs a little more than bent shaft model because of the components required, (design related).
Straight shaft benefit is in getting the angle to use as an edge trimmer. Flip it over and the angle is right. A bent shaft needs to be held at an awkward angle for edge trimming duty. The auto-feed line function has improved as well (both systems work well).
Purchased in January 2020.
Questions & Answers
Mine is easy to start only 6 months old but vibrates - why - seems unbalanced! How can I fix it ???
Get an answer from our members
- The Stihl FS 55 R-CE features a loop handle, making it highly ergonomic and easy to operate.
- The machine uses a 2-stroke engine, making it cheaper to run and able to provide the power needed for heavy duty yard work.
- It has a quick start feature, letting you start your machine at the press of a button.
- A straight shaft means you can easily get to high and hard-to-reach areas.
- It costs $349, and has a 2 year warranty for some extra peace of mind that your machine will last.
Points of praise:
- Many reviewers found the whipper snipper easy to operate.
- They also said it worked well for a variety of purposes, including more complex, heavy duty gardening.
Something to consider:
- Reviewers were divided on how easy the machine was to start - some said it was very easy to start, some said it was fairly difficult.
|Category||Petrol Whipper Snippers||Petrol Whipper Snippers|
|Handle Type||Loop Handle|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Cutting Head Type||Line|
|Features||Easy / Quick Start|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
Other Petrol Whipper Snippers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.