Stihl FS 90 / FS 90 R

FS 90, FS 90 R

4.5

TrattyBrassall

problems with starting

I should have completed this review a long time ago, in relation to my starting problems I found that the throttle was way too loose so that when you put the trigger in the start position the carby was still at idle, I tightened the throttle cable up to the right position and it starts as per book
To the person complaining about my negative comments I say if you don't report the truth about any given product then this forum is useless

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Short grass, Tall grass and Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Good

A good machine, you can just get out there and do the job like you're supposed to, it just keeps on going and never falters
Well laid out easy to operate machine, good fuel economy
I am 52, in all my experience with different forms of motors I have never struck anything as difficult to start as this machine from cold, I would walk away from it twice totally exhausted before finally getting it to start somehow, I eventually worked out if I went through the recommended starting procedure but held the throttle on full at the carby it would start first pull, I'm happy now :), I didn't like the bump feed on the trimmer head so I went to an auto feed, much better.

Nothing wrong with the machine. You just didnt know how to start it, so why leave negative comments?

jono44
jono44
Randers
Randers

I borrowed my neighbors FS 90 R and it was the first use this year. Fresh fuel. Started right up and cut well for an hour. Great balance, easy to use and started every time, even when still stopped on.

gcsmow