3.4

• Safety
  • Battery Life
Max
MaxNortheast, VIC

Not good enough for the money.

The battery is too hard to get out and the auto line feed does not work. It is crap. Not worth the money. I cannot believe that it is a Stihl product. I have had other Stihl products and have been very happy with them but when you read the manul, you realise that it must be made in China because the instructions are crap.

Purchased in September 2020.

Lightweight, powerful, long battery life

This trimmer is lightweight for this over 50 woman and it has two lines of trimming power that really take care of the weeds. The battery lasts a long time but I have two batteries since I also use it for my Stihl lawnmower. It was difficult to get the battery released but since I pulled out the prongs at the back a little and used vaseline on the sides it has been much easier. I also had difficulty refilling the spool with trimmer line but now I clean out the spool and make sure that I insert the twine until it is engaged in the spool. This is much better than dragging a heavy cord around my yard or carrying a heavy gas powered trimmer.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

How to do complicated when you can do simple

How to do complicated when you can do simple... The system for putting cutting line is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID AND COMPLICATED! GOOD LUCK! I am a landscape pro of 20 plus years and have never seen such a complicated spooling system to replace the cutting line. I PROMISE YOU WILL WANT TO RIP YOUR HAIR OUT!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FSA 65 compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

DaveMelbourne

Waste of money. Stihl offer poor customer service

Five weeks old, Used it twice to have a piece of long grass get caught between the motor and spool head. Ruined motor. Stihl refusing to fix under warranty or refund money. Will cost more than buying a new one to fix. Don't wate your time with stihl, Will have to take the to small claims (vcat) to get my money back.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dave

After complaining at Mitre 10 who gave us great service Stihl agreed to a refund and I got my money back

Beverly Henderson

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Elmo
ElmoShellharbour

Expensive but good

Lovely silent trimmer with heaps of power and very good battery life. I chose the smaller and cheaper AP-115 battery which has 50% charge left after I'm done trimming the back and front yards of our townhouse. I don't see myself going back to the stinky noisy petrol trimmers ever.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
tmark tas
tmark tasNorth-West & West coast, TAS

It works

I live on a small acreage and use it to cut back the small patches of weeds that pop up around the place, stick it in ATV in morning and can knock them back during the day. Quick and easy and no herbicides. It's just works, and is not too loud. It holds it's charge well over 6 months in the winter.