• Product is used
  • Battery Life
JPO
JPOSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Only ran for 40 minutes then failed

Regrettably, the unit failed after 40 minutes, maybe it was wet grass as other people have mentioned. When would long grass not have a bit of moisture in it? The shop refused to replace it or give a refund, and have just phoned a week later to say they’ve fixed it. I really regret buying it but am stuck with it now.

Purchased in December 2020 for $840.00.

kim maree
kim mareeSouth-East, TAS

only used once but happy so far

Purchased in November 2020.

Phill
PhillHunter Region, NSW

Great product to use BUT poor quality.

I love using this product but my biggest issue is.... The second week I used this was on wet grass and now no longer works. The motor is completely vulnerable to water. Forget being waterproof it's not even water resistant...

Purchased in February 2020 at Stihl Dealer for $1,000.00.

Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FSA 85 compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

UnhappyNew South Wales

Whipper snipper failure

I am sadly disappointed by Stihl the company when my whipper sniper broke down . It was a very useful efficient tool . BUT there was no advice to say to never wet the head as the electric motor is there and not sealed . Water in the motor shorted out the control unit at the switch which was quoted at two thirds the cost of replacing the machine. Causing huge environmental waste and massive cost to myself . I tried to speak to Stihl who said they would get back to me but never did .

Unhappy

I have exactly the same comments to make . I thought this was my review .

Randall
RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good, but a few drawbacks

Purchased in March 2017.

Lindy
LindySouth Australia

Great BUT

Cuts even heavy duty weeds but not designed for little old ladies with small hands! I find the battery next to impossible to get out at times and the head I can't get off without using multigrips and sheer grit and determination. It also doesn't come with a strap but fortunately my son improvised one for me. Update 5/11/17 I have overcome the battery problem by pulling the spring things at the back of the battery compartment further out. I also put some vaseline on the rails to help it come out more easily. Happy now.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Jason L
Jason L

Pick of the bunch in Stihls 36v range.

big-m
big-mHunter Region, NSW

Stihl FSA85 Line trimmer

Cordless convenience. As powerful as a petrol trimmer. The turbo charger recharges in around 20 minutes. Usual 'bump and feed' line delivery system is easy to use, and uses any two millimeter line. Chews through heavy grass and weeds. My lawn is less than 200 square meters, but has plenty of edges. Battery still has plenty of charge to run the blower after use.
High quality, well balanced, shares battery with 36volt family of products.
Expensive, but high quality. May be too heavy for some users.

MP82