Simple to function and maintain
Durable and quick charging battery
High power output
Motor vulnerable to moisture
2.2 heads worth of trimming and the motor goes. Grass between the head and the shaft causes this. So it’s mot designed to trim grass obviously. Anyone want to buy a near new battery and charger
Purchased in December 2019 for $400.00.
Only ran for 40 minutes then failed
Regrettably, the unit failed after 40 minutes, maybe it was wet grass as other people have mentioned. When would long grass not have a bit of moisture in it? The shop refused to replace it or give a refund, and have just phoned a week later to say they’ve fixed it. I really regret buying it but am stuck with it now.
Purchased in December 2020 for $840.00.
Not good enough for the money.
The battery is too hard to get out and the auto line feed does not work. It is crap. Not worth the money. I cannot believe that it is a Stihl product. I have had other Stihl products and have been very happy with them but when you read the manul, you realise that it must be made in China because the instructions are crap.
Purchased in September 2020.
Find out how Stihl FSA 65 / FSA 85 compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers
Know better, choose better.
How to do complicated when you can do simple
How to do complicated when you can do simple... The system for putting cutting line is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID AND COMPLICATED! GOOD LUCK! I am a landscape pro of 20 plus years and have never seen such a complicated spooling system to replace the cutting line. I PROMISE YOU WILL WANT TO RIP YOUR HAIR OUT!
- FSA 65
Waste of money. Stihl offer poor customer service
Five weeks old, Used it twice to have a piece of long grass get caught between the motor and spool head. Ruined motor. Stihl refusing to fix under warranty or refund money. Will cost more than buying a new one to fix. Don't wate your time with stihl, Will have to take the to small claims (vcat) to get my money back.
Questions & Answers
Seems that it is an issue with wet grass so that’s a worry..just bought the blower so was tempted to get whipper snipper
The whipper snipper works very well but blow it clean with air and a dry cloth . A squirt of Stihl’s cleaner or the Briggs and Stratton lanolin lubricant should keep the head from becoming damaged with rusted bearings or electrical issues. Stihl have not given me any response re my problems but I have changed dealers and they certainly are more diligent. John’s mowers in Ballina by the way .
Love the whipper sniper, my biggest problem was the dealer's inability to give a s#+& about my concerns. Best friends when selling it to me but treated me like a moron when my concerns were raised.
Get an answer from our members
- Both the Stihl FSA 65 and the FSA 85 have a loop handle, making gardening a comfortable experience.
- They both have a straight shaft, letting you easily go about your work without needing to stoop over - saving your back from any stress.
- These whipper snippers take a lithium-ion battery, giving them more power and a longer run time.
- Vibration damping is featured in both models, making them relatively quiet considering their power output.
- The FSA 65 has a cutting width of 300mm, while the FSA 85 has a cutting width of 250mm.
- The 65 and the 85 weigh 2.7kg and 2.8kg respectively, which helps take the fitness out of gardening.
- Ranging between 91-94 decibels, both models have a noise level comparable to a jazz concert.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers said that both models were easy to use and maintain.
- They also noted that the battery lasted long and charged very quickly.
- Most reviewers appreciated how easy the whipper snipper was on their ears.
- They also liked how much power the machine had, saying that the high power output helped them get through a variety of gardening jobs.
- According to some reviewers, the motor is very vulnerable to water - some gardeners had difficulty getting their whipper snippers to work after using them on wet grass.
|Category||Battery Whipper Snippers||Battery Whipper Snippers|
|Handle Type||Loop Handle||Loop Handle|
|Power Source||Battery (Built-In)||Battery (Built-In)|
|Engine Type||Lithium-Ion Battery||Lithium-Ion Battery|
|Cutting Head Type||Line||Line|
|Features||Vibration Damping||Vibration Damping|
|Cutting Width||300 mm||350 mm|
|Weight||2.7 kg||2.8 kg|
|Noise Level||91 dB||94 dB|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Release date||Mar 2012||Mar 2012|
Other Battery Whipper Snippers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.