Stihl FSE 41

See the Best Electric Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Complete rubbish

As per the other reviews here; The auto-feed just keeps spooling out line and then it gets tangled - i'm going to try tying single lengths of line to see if that works so i can at least use it to some extent. Complete waste of money and really disappointing to see from stihl!

Stihl fse 41

..piece of crap ..Was advised by the hardware shop in mount Gravatt it was the best product on the market with a great back up . The auto feed spool gave nothing but trouble from the word go ! Snap Line perpetually snapped , every few minutes you have to rip the auto feed spool and retread . Disappointing for a company or good standing would put such a poor design auto load feed system on the market . Horrible Product with a ZerrO response after all my whinging . Piece of Crap...

Absolute rubbish

I also have had extreme difficulty in using this machine. The line feeder does not work correctly and I have had zero co-operation from my retailer and very little from the accredited dealers.
I was sold this by a sales person who "had won an award for sales" and told me he had one of these at home. HA!

Hopeless Line feeder

I regret not having read the reviews on this appliance. I have spent many frustrating hours trying to get the line feeder to work. The dealer would not refund as he said it is not broken. The fact that it doesn't work is apparently not covered by the warranty. He suggested that it is my fault but my previous line trimmer (a small budget brand) lasted twenty five years with no problems. I have now purchased "Tiger" single use lines to use instead of the bump feed ($4 per trim). I have yet to try them but I will keep you posted.
This is not a satisfactory appliance and I am very disappointed with the lack of support from the dealer.

Update from Ken M. The "Tiger" single use lines are hard wearing but they tend to snap very easily. So in desperation I bought a Stihl FSE 71 and I am finding it a delight to use, the line feeder works very well. The FSE 41 sits in my garage a constant reminder of folly, faulty design and lack of service from the retailer Peakhurst Mitre 10. The floor manager walked away from me without hearing my complaint and my email to the general manager remains unanswered. I contacted Stihl customer service and they said I was badly advised at Mitre 10 as the FSE 41 shouldn't be used against masonry edges. I have lots of masonry edges like the house, footpaths and garden surrounds but isn't that what a line trimmer is for ? Do not buy Stihl FSE 41 line trimmer.

Stihl FSE 41 Electric is rubbish

Do not buy this line trimmer! While the basics of it are fine the pre wound spool module that you have to buy with it is pathetically hopeless. It does not feed, it breaks all the time and is so flawed in its design a monkey could have come up with a better idea. I have gone through 5 of these spools, they were all equally useless. A 20 minute job takes two hours as the line breaks off every two minutes.

What a piece of junk

I cant believe I bought this product. I was told that Stihl was a good brand to buy. The bumper line feed didn't work at all, not even once. I had to manually unplug the trimmer, pull it apart an manual line feed every two minutes! If that wasnt enough the design is flimsy and cheap. The very thin aluminum tube that is the part that holds the whole thing together is really weak and within three hours use, snapped. It seems that it cant hold the weight of the motor at the bottom. I had to splint the thing with 2 tree stakes. 3 weeks later I sent it to the tip. What a waste of $179! Ok its the bottom unit of the suite of products, but if its on the market you expect it to work properly, otherwise why sell it. I will never buy a Stihl product again. Don't waste your money!