Stihl FSE 41

• Safety
Tim W

Tim WSydney, NSW

Bad Whipper Snipper

Bought brand new December 2010.
I thought this being a Stihl would be a top quality product.
Wrong.
It chews through the line cord like nothing else (not cheap at around $14)
One cartridge would last less than 2 goes of my average sized yard.
Regularly the line cord would break off and require re-threading.

Finally threw it on the council clean up in 2019.
The motor still worked but overall a pretty poor piece of equipment.

Purchased in December 2010 at Pittwater Mowers for A$149.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Short grass
Ab

AbMelbourne

Complete rubbish

As per the other reviews here; The auto-feed just keeps spooling out line and then it gets tangled - i'm going to try tying single lengths of line to see if that works so i can at least use it to some extent. Complete waste of money and really disappointing to see from stihl!

Jegi

JegiBrisbane

Stihl fse 41

..piece of crap ..Was advised by the hardware shop in mount Gravatt it was the best product on the market with a great back up . The auto feed spool gave nothing but trouble from the word go ! Snap Line perpetually snapped , every few minutes you have to rip the auto feed spool and retread . Disappointing for a company or good standing would put such a poor design auto load feed system on the market . Horrible Product with a ZerrO response after all my whinging . Piece of Crap...

Electric Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FSE 41 compares to other Electric Whipper Snippers

Peter Thomas

Peter ThomasBarwon Heads

Absolute rubbish

I also have had extreme difficulty in using this machine. The line feeder does not work correctly and I have had zero co-operation from my retailer and very little from the accredited dealers.
I was sold this by a sales person who "had won an award for sales" and told me he had one of these at home. HA!

Ken MSydney

Hopeless Line feeder

I regret not having read the reviews on this appliance. I have spent many frustrating hours trying to get the line feeder to work. The dealer would not refund as he said it is not broken. The fact that it doesn't work is apparently not covered by the warranty. He suggested that it is my fault but my previous line trimmer (a small budget brand) lasted twenty five years with no problems. I have now purchased "Tiger" single use lines to use instead of the bump feed ($4 per trim). I have yet to try them but I will keep you posted.
This is not a satisfactory appliance and I am very disappointed with the lack of support from the dealer.

GJW

GJWbrisbane

Stihl FSE 41 Electric is rubbish

Do not buy this line trimmer! While the basics of it are fine the pre wound spool module that you have to buy with it is pathetically hopeless. It does not feed, it breaks all the time and is so flawed in its design a monkey could have come up with a better idea. I have gone through 5 of these spools, they were all equally useless. A 20 minute job takes two hours as the line breaks off every two minutes.

Grumbian