Stihl MS 291 Yard Boss

Stihl MS 291 Yard Boss

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

thatbeeffarmerinnsw

thatbeeffarmerinnswGrafton nsw

sadly not tough enough

I had a Husky Rancher 460 that died. So i replaced it with a Stihl MS 291 as being in same zone. Still over $1000 so I expected a good few years. In around 12 months it was dead. Piston melted. I had followed all instructions and serviced regularly, admittedly not using Stihl oil ( rather Caltex- hardly a sin). Stihl shop were gloriously unhelpful implying that even if I sent it to stihl for warranty work ( which I would need to initially pay for) it wouldn't go my way. Im tough on tools but this is expensive nonsense. Back to Huskys for me. no more Stihl

Date PurchasedJan 2016

have two ms291's for firewood business

I have two ms 291 saws. First one cut around 300 cubic metres of wood. No real problems. Had to get a new coil, covered under 2 year warranty. Still runs great. Nice compression, good rumble. Had second one for a couple of months. Runs ok. Maybe a issue with the idle, seems to be a little off, compared to the first one. I will run it hard for a while see how it goes, while under warranty. Good saws., but are made in china and brazil, compared to older ones made in east germany.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
D builder

D builderSyracuse New York

This was perfect until it seize up.

This was a great saw until it seize up. For some reason it seize and when I took it in to where I got it they told me it could have been the oil mixed or it got air. I know it was not oil mixed so after 4 years not good.

Date PurchasedMay 2012