Stihl MS 311 Farm Boss

Stihl MS 311 Farm Boss

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety

Terribly Disappointed - Clint Tollinger

Totally agree with Daniel. I have owned a succession of Stihl 034s over decades, and they have given me enormous service. The last one refused to start, in the end, and I figured I'd buy a new first time every time starter. The 311 has given me trouble from the outset - NEVER starts first time, cowling screws fall out. Have to not only clean sparkplug and airfilter (much harder with the cylindrical, ribbed filter, as against the simple rectangular gauze filter of yore), but also spray 363 into the spark chamber, leave it sitting in the sun to warm up, then maybe, it'll decide to go. I too am 70+yo. Honestly, I am terribly disappointed and disheartened. Is this thing made in China? Husky next. Soon.

Purchased in February 2019 at Stihl Dealer.

Hard starting

Purchased in May 2017.

$1200 of rubbish

Very hard to start now won't start only used twice can't believe it payed $1200 for this crap will never recommend or buy stihl products again I've also got an old stihl 510 about 40 years old never had a problem prefer to use that stihl don't make them like they use to may as well get the Chinese to make them

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,200.00.

frank
frankasked

we just bought the ms311 and they started it at the store but when we brought it home it won't start. Any help?

Take it back and try to get your cash back. It is a really poorly built chain for Stihl standards and has been plauged with issues including catastrophic engine failure (cylinder and cylinder head burning out). Stihl have attempted to cover this up by encouraging their dealerships to say a poor mix was used. If you can get your money back or change for a different model, I would do so.

Ray H.
Ray H.asked

I have what year were they first bought out

Poorbuildquality
Poorbuildquality

2009 I believe, it has been plagued with issues. Really poor build just read thread.

Danny Dawson
Danny Dawsonasked

can you go from 20 inch to 24 inch bar?

See all Stihl MS 311 Farm Boss questions

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $1,199.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cutting
Bar Length50 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication and Quick / Easy Start
Weight6.2 kg