Stihl MSA 120

Stihl MSA 120

See the Best Battery Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Light and easy to use

I got this because we have 550 olive trees that need pruning and I’m just to little to handle the bigger petrol chainsaws . I was a little sceptical at first as it so small and light and I didn’t think it would cut through the bigger branches, wasn’t I wrong it cuts like the trees like butter. Very easy to use and starting is a breeze . The chain saw does not have a problem at all with the olive trees I’m using it on and there are a few dead branches I have come across and I’ve have no problem with them at all

Purchased in June 2019 for $459.00.

Safety

Absolutely excellent and extremely easy to use

The Battery operated Stihl MSA-120 C-BQ is an extremely powerful, light and easy to use chainsaw, I was extremely sceptical at first as all my saws are used for heavy work cutting hard wood timbers, this battery operated saw cut through the same timbers with ease and was so light to use compared to my normal petrol saws. My colleagues working with me stopped laughing when they realised just how much work the "little" saw had completed with no fatigue to the operator.

The run time from the battery was approximately 30 mins and i was amazed at the amount of work I had completed without fatigue, also interestingly the battery run time roughly equated to approximately one tank of fuel run time.

It takes approx 45 mins to charge the battery once depleted so I have two batteries and can work continuously replenishing the chain oil at every battery change.

High recommend this product to even the most sceptical professional, you will be amazed I know i was.

This has become my go to saw now for most jobs apart from felling large hard wood trees.

Well priced as a complete package with saw battery and charger.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
I was so impressed with this battery operated chain saw that I have purchased another slightly bigger one for my rural fencing jobs. They are so light and easy to use for all the fiddly jobs where the big petrol ones are just plain heavy, so a great addition to my petrol chainsaws.