Stihl RE 119

Stihl RE 119

See the Best Electric Pressure Washers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
Ronikins
RonikinsNambour

Robust and a great unit!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Mark I
Mark IGeelong

Replacement machine working perfection

Original purchase (3years ago) was stopping erratically. After mucking around with a licensed repairer for a week or two they could not fix it so I was offered a replacement machine. This has worked well.

Purchased in April 2016.

Theos62
Theos62AU

Robust, effective and great value cleaner in a neat package.

Bought this to replace a Karcher cleaner that I owned for some time that was constantly having problems. I looked at the Karchers first but they had changed the hose connectors so my additional parts were now useless and the Stihl looked more robust and was cheaper!
I had also looked at the RE109 but the RE119 offered some great additions in capability and power. I am glad with the choice. The RE119 is easy to use, works well, especially the path cleaner and packs away neatly. The soap dispenser also works well.
Also the guys at GYC are very helpful and helped the deal.....

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Rob
RobLautoka

RE 119 Pressure Washer

Have had this pressure washer for 2+ weeks now. Have washed down my sidewalks, roof, driveway, edge of the pool, etc. It is a great pressure washer. No hick-ups, no problems. I've used it for 2-4 hours almost every day since I bought it and I love it. It works great, built tough, the handle telescopes for each moving, places for the electrical cord and washer cord, which is steel reinforced. The only possible negative is the plastic wheels which are still good, but look like they could break in time. It's a very good pressure washer and I'd buy another one and recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Electric Pressure Washers

Find out how Stihl RE 119 compares to other Electric Pressure Washers

GeeBox
GeeBoxMelbourne

RE 119 Pressure Washer

have used a few different types over the years found this one great, does everything I have wanted so far, If you are looking for a easy to use unit for light to medium work around the house you will get plenty of satisfied use out of this machine I use mine for my 4x4, car ,and motorbike as well as the driveway and windows on house. the patio cleaner works ok too. with most cleaners they all have their limits this one is a solid unit used correctly.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
SteveB
SteveBMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent quality

I purchase this model rather than the RE88 and Re109 as it has the heavy duty steel reinforced hose and the higher water delivery pressure. I have used the unit on numerous occasions now and found the results excellent and very easy to use. When packing the unit away the hoses coil neatly on the unit and transportation is easy.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Stihl 119

Hose is very easy to roll if you release the pressure ,great little unit has not let me down and I don't think it will any time soon so don't waist time on the cheaper plastic rubish i have the 119 and does everything i need it to once again great machine

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Lindsay5710
Lindsay5710Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great machine and glad I didnt go with cheap rubbish

Date PurchasedJune 2016
ManandhisMachine
ManandhisMachineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Heavy Quality, Great value, A mans Cleaner !

Had mine for about 3 months. Quality, Heavy and Good. The unit weighs a good 19kg! that should tell you something about the quality compared to similarly priced units of other brands that weigh half as much. It also has a steel braided hose and big posterior spray lance. Got mine for $399 on sale, love it. Stihl seem to have these cleaners on sale every other month, so if you can wait, buy when they are on sale. If you buy one make sure you get the free patio cleaner attachment. I forgot mine, didn't think I'd use it.

Electric Pressure Washers

Find out how Stihl RE 119 compares to other Electric Pressure Washers

farmerpeteasked

My RE119 has been back to the dealer repeatedly since new . Electronic pressure switch at first not cutting in then cutting in and out repeatedly (pulsing). Has never worked properly and Stihl advised they 'could not address technical aspects'. I live in regional vic and use pumped tank water, not mains. Any suggestions

Stephen G.

It could be that the pressure from your tank is not high enough and causing the pressure switch to play up like it has. I think if you could increase the pressure from your tank may do the trick.

farmerpete

thanks. The pressure is the same as the house pressure (same pump) and our house pressure is fine.

Matt C
Matt Casked

Hi, I purchased a Stihi 109 and have been having problems with the male hose fitting flying out of the gun when the water and power is turned on. I have taken it to the dealer and they fixed it but it has happened again. Looks Ike a design fault in the gun. Any suggestions on how to fix.

Stephen G.asked

Ok; about 3 years ago i purchase a Stihl re 119 pressure washer , it was the middle priced unit ( $399 Au ) and was purchased from the local stihl agent i Mildura. Worked fine from day one and looked after our 3 cars and caravan. Of late all that has gone wrong was a little "O" ring on the end of high pressure hose where it connects into the wand.
I noticed that on the last time that the washer was used that the high pressure hose had developed a pinhole leak in the hose. The hose is a braided hose and to have this happen only after 3 years was a bit of a shock, but not as bad as on checking with my local Stihl agent was told the price of a replacement hose would be $170.00. Nearly 50% of the cost of what i bought the pressure washer for. NOT HAPPY JAN is a understatement. You can not phone Stihl Australia and they only have a website. I have E-mailed them about the hose to see if there is anything that they can help me with in regards to the cost , the first time i got a response in a couple of hours as they wanted the serial number and i responded with the number the same day. NO RESPONSE from Stihl what so ever after that and i even re E-mailed them a couple of days later as l have not heard from them at all. IF i was to buy a replacement High pressure washer and after the treatment that i have had with Stihl it would be the last on my list.

I have found out that OK the pressure washer is 3 + years old but has seen light use but the hose has started to show signs of wear, as the high pressure hose has in sum places has the braide showing. But 3 years old and a replacement cost is so high. This washer was purchased to replace a 17 year old GMC pressure washer that is still going strong ( was given to my son in law ) AND with the original hose, and cost around $100.00 at the time.

Purchased in August 2016 at Stihl Dealer for $399.00.

Steve
Steve

Stephen, I had exactly the same issue and response from Shihl. I cannot believe Stihl don't resolve this issue. To anyone reading this, DON'T BUY A STIHL RE 109.

The Stihl RE 119’s 125-bar pressure is equivalent to around 1820 psi, which makes it a light-to-medium-duty electric pressure washer.

A variable pressure fan jet nozzle allows you to adjust the pressure to suit different cleaning tasks – narrowing the jet stream when you need high pressure cleaning for heavy-duty outdoor areas.

Reviewers appreciate this model primarily for its ease of use on several outdoor surfaces, including the patio, driveway, and windows.

This Stihl pressure washer is designed with a trolley, telescopic handle, a detergent spray, and a foldable front cover that doubles as a storage spot for the fan and rotary nozzles.

CategoryElectric Pressure Washers