Stihl RMA 370

MPN: RMA-370

7 questions from our users

Dani C

Dani Casked

Does much grass escape from the catcher? I have just watched a YouTube video on this mower & the catcher appeared to have holes in it. I have allergies & am hoping not much grass can escape through the holes.

D Diane roberts

D Diane robertsasked

Does it cut very thick sir walter grass?

brian

brianasked

After reading all the great reviews
Where can I buy this stihl lawnmower from ?

Slinkycat9
Slinkycat9

I bought mine from Pittwater Mowers in Terrey Hills, Sydney.

Hakluyt13

Hakluyt13asked

Is the price $469 with a battery? Or do you need to buy a battery separately?

Johnny

You need to buy a Battery

Leif
Leif

The battery is separate. It fits other products made by Stihl though. But you will be up for another purchase of around 300 dollars. The literature says it's good for about 1500 charges. You might want to consider seeing if the same battery is available cheaper at a battery store. That only occurred to me after I purchased it.

Susan B
Susan B

Batteries and chargers are extra.

Macnivison

Macnivisonasked

Will this mower cut the "Sir Walter' buffalo variety easily?

Hi Macnivison Yes it cut as good as any Petrol powered Mower Hope this helps

Grandmama
Grandmama

Hi, I have no idea what type of grass I have - just know that it forms a very dense mat - the mower takes it in its stride - even when it's quite high - weeds and all (could be couch grass). If the grass is tough and long, the battery doesn't last as long but with a 2.5 hour turn around (rather than 24-48 hours with some other brands) I don't find it an issue. I have now been using this for over 12 months and still love it. There is a new, wider cut out now. Kind regards, Grandmama

JulieR

JulieRasked

I spoke to two dealers and Stihl Australia and they all told me that the mulcher isn't available in Australia yet the reviews suggest it is. Did it come with your mowers or did you buy it separately?

Kevin
Kevin

Sounds like you are a bit confused.
Stihl RMA 370 (below) cuts grass:

Mulchers chew up small branches and leaves:

cj liverpool

I purchased the mulching kit at the same time as the lawn mower and its listed on Stihl's Australian web page under accessories. The purpose of the mulching kit is to cut the grass extra fine and then it blows it deep into the lawn. I have no hesitation in recommending this lawn mower as it is a fantastic product.

HanzoTheRazor
HanzoTheRazor

It very much so is avalible in Australia. I bought the mulching kit here seperate for around $69. It is just a grass stopper and a double blade. Works great! When I went to order it they told me that Stihl don't do one, which I knew was rubbish, cause I looked it up on the Aus Stihl web site and got the price and sku #. They then called Stihl and ordered it. I am sure they are not popular and your Stihl dealers would not have sold any yet. Ask them to call Stihl direct.

Archerasked

Hi I have about 700m2 to cut would this mower be suitable.

cj liverpool

Hi, the grass area that I mow is approx. 350m2 (total block area 700m2). I think you would have to recharge the battery during mowing or have a spare, although I think the batteries that Stihl sell now are of a larger capacity (mine is AP160 the new ones are AP180). Regards

Archer

Many thanks for your help I will get 2 batteries as you suggest.
Kind regards ann