ALDI Stirling 6kg (Apr 2010, Apr 2011, Apr 2012, Jun 2014)

ALDI Stirling 6kg (Apr 2010, Apr 2011, Apr 2012, Jun 2014)

See the Best Condenser Clothes Dryers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Absolute waste of money

Stopped working after 2 years. Mind you it took forever to dry anything prior to it dying. Waste of money. Avoid at all costs, do not waste your money on this rubbish machine

Purchased in May 2017 at ALDI.

Enya

EnyaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

You get what you pay for

Purchased in June 2014 at ALDI for $329.00.

Noise Level
DogzOwn

DogzOwnGippsland, VIC

The drum came loose, screws strippef

As above, nothing much else to say, really, rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Rec0rds

Rec0rdsMelbourne

Good cheap dryer - simple but effective

This was the cheapest dryer going when I bought it and its has put in three solid years. Its not about to won any beauty pageants but it does the intended job and has run without a hitch for years. It makes a big difference to have a dryer in Melbourne. Its very simple to use and was extremely cheap to buy.

Gen

GenIllawarra, NSW

Not the Greatest

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Don’t buy!

Door fell off the third time I used it! Clothes rolled up into a ball so it took extra long to dry. Attempting to get it fixed under warranty. Wish me luck! I am a fan of Aldi products but this 6.5 kg Stirling brand dryer is an absolute disappointment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Krusty

KrustySydney, NSW

Slipping belt

I find cheaper equipment is as good as the big name brands even if you have to improvise,If you find this dryer to slip in the cold weather. Always unplug from main power,remove the back plate and replace the spring you find on the belt tensioner with a slightly shorter one from the hardware store,This will pull the belt tighter and should eliminate your slipping problem,this same technique could work with other machines.Be careful not to use too short springs as this could put too much strain on the appliances.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

pamcianci

pamcianci

It melted itself, thus stopping the motor from spinning

This dryer was not fit for purpose!
We bought our ALDI Sterling Dryer 3+ years ago.
It was Always Horrifically Noisy! Above and Beyond!
Anyhow, used it, until ONE day, it just wouldn't start. (It was hardly used, as there's only my husband and I at home) and we live in sunny Qld.
When my husband looked at it, to consider repairing it, he found the motor had seized because the fan had melted itself to the body.
I have contacted ALDI. I sent photos. My query was sent onto their repair folk. They want us to send it to Melbourne!
There was no mention of Excess Noise in Manual. I FIRMLY believe my dryer was faulty from word go.

terrible, do not buy

Stopped working after 14 mths ,hardly used as cloths rolled into ball and not dry.It didn't turn itself off. The stop button just wouldn't work.The same with kettles and toasters bought at Aldi.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Do not buy

worked for a year then died
would not by any capital equipment from Aldi
The unit looks brand new. We are shifting home and are throwing it out.
It was hardly used and I could not find the purchase document

Hopefully the metal can be recycled rather than land fill

Greg

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Noura

Noura

Waiste of money

Not recommended to anyone I bought it few years ago and never work I put clothes inside for 1 hours and sometimes more and still the same wet not dry even if it's not full with clothes same results. It's worst product I ever purchased waste of money and electricity too .Never buy it

Kelly R

Kelly RSydney

Does the job

It's nothing fancy, but the price tag is reflective of that. I usually just use the 1 hour cycle. There are options to have a light air dry or more heat. It's not intelligent enough to know when the clothes are dry, so you have to just keep checking. It's good for winter when nothing dries for days or when it's raining for days on end.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Caitlyn

Caitlyn

DO NOT BUY!!

Today I went Aldi to buy a clothes dryer. It was a reasonable price $269 so I brought it home set it up and as soon as I turned it on it didn't work. The machine wasn't tumbling the instructions didn't help either. I ended up returning it. And getting another one from Harvey Norman. What a long day!!

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Stirling Dryer 6 KG

Terrible !! DO NOT purchase the Stirling Dryer. The lint filter keeps coming out and because the dryer only dries in one direction sheets end up I a big ball and don't dry. Worst purchase ever !! This is the worst dryer I have ever had and will never recommend anyone purchase this. Money wasted.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Ben

BenBrisbane

Leaking water - new 6.5 model

Only run it a few times and found it is leaking so will probably return it. Have never known a dryer to leak water before.
The controls on it make it look like a sensor dryer but it is not - the "modes" are just different run times - well featured for the price though.
Disappointing as we are usually happy with Aldi gear but it seems that dryers are not something they do well.

Fill

FillSydney, NSW

Great item but you need to install with an exhaust tube

This machine works well but you need to install it with an exhaust tube so that the steam is directed outside your laundry. If you do not do this the condensation gets into the control panel and it will not switch on until it has dried out. (approx 20 mins in my case) If you direct the steam outside of your laundry you will not have the problem of machine not starting. It really works great. Thanks Aldi for an affordable dryer.

Salman

SalmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for the money

I bought this secondhand for $60. It works great with little noise or vibration. The filter is a bit fiddly to use. We only use it sparingly because we like to dry our clothes naturally so cannot vouch for reliability but nothing has gone wrong at all. For value for money it's great.

Do not buy!!

We Bought this dryer and immediately noticed it was so loud it sounded like it was about to take off! Now only 12 months old It literally just caught on fire for no reason at all! Thank god for our smoke alarm or we might not have been so lucky!!

annoyed

annoyeddarnum

absolute crap

Took three hours to dry anything on high. Six months then just stopped working. Under Warranty with proof of purchase, rang Aldi, no responsibility, got handed over to suppliers......still waiting for response to our complaint. Don't buy anything from Aldi!!!! Buy from where they back their products. Just want our money back.

Terrible

I've had this dryer for 12 months and the heating element has stopped working. I contacted the company - Global Source Trading as it is still in warranty and initially they refused to honour is as I didn't have the receipt. I had the transaction as proof of purchase as well as the warranty card, so they've eventually agreed to fix it. I first contacted them 2.5 months ago and they keep telling me (when I contact them to follow up) that they've ordered a part but it's still not in. So I have had no dryer for 2.5 months. Not worth buying.