21 questions from our users

Wesasked

What is the difference between "normal" and "natural" mode

homer1
homer1

I think in natural the air kind of varies, goes from softer to harder over and over again. Most fans have that now.

Dek

Dekasked

Stirling Premium Tower Fan (Nov 2019)

what id the height of this fan?

Ellen W

Ellen Wasked

Stirling Premium Tower Fan (Nov 2019)

thinking of buying one but how noisy is it when operating ?

Cecilia

It does make noise, im not going to lie. BUT Im generally a light sleeper and I can sleep through it. I actually find it quite soothing cause its white noise.

jkssbemob

jkssbemobasked

Stirling Tower Cooling Fan (Oct 2015-2019)

What's the purpose of the sleep function ?
Thks

jkssbemob

jkssbemobasked

Stirling Tower Cooling Fan (Oct 2015-2019)

What is the purpose of the sleep function, it is my impression this function don't do anything.

Spooder- M.
Spooder- M.

It is basically a power saver mode. The LED display turns off after 30 seconds of it being on.

Peter M.

Peter M.asked

are there any available now?

tracey

traceyasked

is the fan expensive to run? ie compared to a pedestal or ceiling fan?

Gee J.
Gee J.

It is 60w, many pedestal fans would be 40w. So would need a tad more power to run, but hardly noticeable and you would need to co pare this to actual performance of each, which is keeping you cooler the best

Lyndal Goodman

Lyndal Goodmanasked

I am having trouble with replacing the button battery. Have bought two packs, thinking the first was faulty, now the second pack doesn't work either. Yes, it is up the right way. I bought a second fan recently and the batteries in it are AAA's. Any suggestions!

Geevarghese M.

Geevarghese M.asked

We missed to buy the fan. It sold out so quickly. will it be coming back on specials?

Meleni

Meleniasked

My fan speed is not as strong as before and I see a lot of dust gathered inside..how do I clean it?

Cecilia

Use Pledge Grab It dust wipes (orange packaging) - electrostatic dusting cloths. Can be found at Woollies and Coles

Morsha
Morsha

There are 6 screws at the back. Two up the top and 4 down the bottom. Unscrew them all then pry it open. This can be tough as there are clasps up along it. The instructions say you can take it off this way. I just vacuumed out the dust and put it back together and it works much better.

Jos

Josasked

Stirling Tower Cooling Fan (Oct 2015-2019)

Why it won’t turn on once I take my finger off it cuts out?

Karen

Karenasked

I missed buying the sterling 90cm tower fan a few months ago am I able to still buy one?

Cecilia

I haven’t seen them at my local ALDI. Perhaps you could see if you can get a second hand one through Facebook marketplace or Gumtree

Jos

Josasked

Stirling Tower Cooling Fan (Oct 2015-2019)

When l press the on button it comes on soon as l take my finger off it turns off, what could be wrong?

Kristy Pearce

Kristy Pearceasked

How do you change the battery in the remote control?

Cecilia

The remote has a lid that slides off and it takes 2 AAA batteries. No screws.

Liliasked

Do you have still that tower fan please?

Still available

Cecilia

I have the tower fan, I bought it not long ago, it was on the Aldi special catalogue.

Margaret Gasked

Is this fan noisy or quiet? Only asking as I was hoping to have this fan in my bedroom however I am a light sleeper :)

Cecilia

Hi Margaret, i wouldn’t say this is quiet but I also wouldn’t say it’s awfully noisy either. I’m a light sleeper too, normally have the fan on and a white noise app to get to sleep at night. I like the fan because it drowns out the neighbour noise. I enjoy the fan noise because i concentrate on it, rather than whatever is going on outside, but depending on how much noise bothers you, you may find it a little noisy. In terms of cooling, it’s really effective. Hope this helps.

Vera Y

Vera Yasked

Where to buy n how much?

Cecilia

It was from Aldi, during their cooling special. I believe it was $59 or $69. Very efficient!

jackiefullerasked

Is it as strong(blowing) as a pedestal fan?

No it's not Jack.

Ocks
Ocks

Yes, it is. I'm really love this fan. it is not waste money.

jackiefuller

Thank you Louise.....I chose the pedestal fan instead and it's soooooo good....best fan I now own :)
Ocks....I didn't ask if it was a waste of money...but thanks anyway

Ivan S

Ivan Sasked

Does it rotate automatically?

Louise

Hi Ivan. Yes it does, you set it by pressing the OSC button (oscillating) on the top of the tower. Forget the remote control only works if you are standing within arms reach of the fan which defeats the purpose of the remote control!

Lok

Lokasked

Stirling Tower Cooling Fan (Oct 2015-2019)

Is the fan quiet? How does the noise level compare to a regular pedestal fan?

Christine_Cullen
Christine_Cullen

Hi, I honestly don't notice the noise of the fan running, so in saying that I will say it is quiet.
Cheers

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives