Stirling (Aldi) LCD Steam Iron

Stirling (Aldi) LCD Steam Iron

See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Zdenka A.

Zdenka A.Sydney, NSW

Frustrating

Not hot enough, the on/off steam lever is in the way, I kept accidentally turning it off. It is not easy to hold it as the steam button is in the way. Cumbersome. The cord is short. Somehow feels cheap. Not happy. I am going to buy Philips one again.

Purchased in March 2019.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton

NNair

NNairCountry NSW

Works great

Extra long cord, iron is smooth with very quick warm up. Great price and seems to work fine. LCD display is not necessary but a good touch. Used it for last 5 months without a problem. The colour is not my cup of tea but it is a functional unit that would cost more in another brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Oils_89

Oils_89melbourne

Nice looking iron - works great

We have been using this for over a year now and it fulfilling its duties perfectly. Ironing usually happens in a morning rush. This iron heats up fast and keep its temperature well - glides nicely too. I don't usually use the steam but its there if you need it and the cord length is fine for me.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
pd56

pd56AU

Great iron-Wife loves it , Happy life..

Well, I can't believe how good this $19.95 iron is! It has a chrome base rather than a non-stick one but we find it actually glides better. It's a knockoff of the Phillips one we had (IMHO). The cord should be a metre longer but it heats up quickly and has all the standard features of irons that you pay 5 times the price. The only bugbear is it's near impossible to see the water level through the rose coloured case. Ironing grip is comfortable and the steam volume excellent. I wish I had bought a spare!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Madeleine

Madeleinebrisbane

great iron

I do a lot of ironing for my sons work clothes as well as my granddaughters frilly little dresses and the iron is a breeze to use I have it on the steam setting and only need to change the temperature when I iron the little fancy girls tutus so I highly recommend it

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Moose

MooseMoorabin

Solid feeling and irons well

This is one Aldi product that I am happy with. It has a solid decent feeling in the hand and is generally well made. Cord length is more than adequate and nice an thick too. The LCD thing is a neat trick but I didn't buy it because f that. It heats up well and more importantly, holds the temperature when you are doing cotton etc. Overall its a good iron.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

3patterns

3patternsLilydale

Two years - still going strong

My wife picked this up in one of those"special buys" at Aldi and its still going great. Its debatable whether an iron actually needs and LCD read out but this one has one and it works well. More importantly the iron is a decent weight and glides through the clothes well. No sticky hot plate problems otr anything - would buy again - good product.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Golf1957

Golf1957Chadstone

Great iron - love the LCD temperateure control

This iron has worked out very well. The feature that I thought was a bit of a novelty (the LCD screen control) has turned out to be extremely useful. No more guessing between cotton and linen. The steam is good and strong and the surface glides with great smoothness. Overall I am a happy customer. Would recommend.

V GOOD

Very happy with this iron and really loving it.It temperature settings and steaming features really really helpful for me. Its so light weight too. I highly recommend it to everyone and you will love it too. It heats up very quickly and very safe to use and place anywhere at my home.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
BlueNote2

BlueNote2Melbourne

Good classic style iron

This is a classic style steam iron purchased from Aldi in one of the "Special Buys". It has a solid feel to it and works just as you would expect -with one "modern" difference - the temperature is shown and set via a LCD screen. TBH the LCD is a bit of a novelty but the iron itself works extremely well. It does a cotton shirt in no time and has a solid shot of steam. No leaks, long cord - all good!

Lorryman

LorrymanMelbourne

Good Iron Works Well

This is a good iron. It feels good in the hand to use and glides nicely over fabric. It heats up well and keeps a good control of the dialed up temperature on the LCD. Steam works well too - no leaks or spits and the cord length is more than I need. I am entirely happy with this and would buy the same one again if needed

Cattleman

Cattlemanmelbourne

Well Made Iron

Got this from Aldi with my Saturday shopping. I don't need to iron much but occasionally I dress up and I need a proper looking shirt. This feels good in the hand. It heats up quickly and you can hear it regulating its temperature turning off and on so I guess the LCD system works. Its smooth to use and did the job just fine.

Ruth

RuthAustralia

Perfect

I bought a steam iron for $40 in Aldi last week, and I can see there really is a big difference between Kmart iron.
The huge amount of vapor also works when the clothes are really dry, shirts are done very easily and quickly.
Definitely recommend, not expensive and good quality

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Phill G

Phill GAU

Better than I thought

Recently purchased this iron from Aldi and didn’t expect too much for the price however it’s turned out to be great heats up quickly and glides through the job with ease the settings are easy to follow even for a mere male it even looks very trendy I would definitely recommend this iron to family and friends

Date PurchasedNov 2017

This is imperfect, can live without it!

If Aldi want to build a reputation for the cheap and nasty specialists they are doing well with their Steam iron.
Second and last electrical product I will purchase from there.
It worked ok on light duties for approx 12 months then decided enough was enough.... I've decided the same.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Iron fail!

This iron was ok while it lasted, unfortunately it stopped working less than three months after purchase. Green light still lights up but no heat at all. Very disappointing. I usually love also products so disappointed this doesn't work. I can't find the receipt so stuck with a dud appliance

Date PurchasedSep 2016

esp

espMelbourne

Too cool for school

Not hot enough. I use hottest (linen) setting for everything. It won't remove creases from crisp cottons like school uniforms or business shirts.