Stirling (Aldi) Portable Air Conditioner

Stirling (Aldi) Portable Air Conditioner

2018 Model, A006C-12C (3.5kW, Oct 2016) and 2017 Model

See the Best Portable Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unreliable - 3 Year Warranty not worth the paper its printed on.

I bought one, used it most of summer and suddenly it stops working. Shuts off after 30 mins, max. Aldi palmed me off to Tempo (the company that rebadge this POS) who had me deliver it to the "repairer" of their choice. He claimed it was working fine in his controlled and humidity free testing room. I get it back, and it's still malfunctioning the same way. Aldi refuse to talk to me - palming me off to Tempo, who claim it's my problem to deal with. They actually suggested I either move to another less humid state to fix my problem, or buy an alternative air con solution - that's right, their suggestion for my warranty issue was to buy a better replacement product.

Spoke to a mate who installs and services Aircon, who looks at it and tells me that it's generating too much moisture and the mechanism that deals with that isn't working. Had the repairer turned it on outside a humidity free testing room they'd have seen that immediately.

So now I'm stuck with a POS nonworking aircon because Aldi deals with a cowboy company who refuses to properly honour warranties, or hire competent repair and service techs. Previously, I'd avoided buying from Aldi because everything they sell is rebadged $2 store garbage. I relented on this one because it was a bargain, and everyone kept saying how good their customer support and warranties was ("3 whole years!"). Will not be buying from them again.

Purchased in January 2018 at ALDI for $300.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Small Bedroom

This is great

This was such an easy product to use! It is so fast to make smoothies with and so increadibky quick to clean up. I am so glad that bout this.

Purchased in March 2017 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $600.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area

Love it

In very good condition, works perfectly and I love how you can put it in rest mode and change it from low to high , very affordable price aswell very happy

Purchased in February 2019 at Rockingham for $130.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Small Bedroom

It didn’t work for my situation

I bought this for my one bedroom granny flat. Installed as per the instructions, fitted to my window, closed all doors and other windows and blinds in the house. I’m not sure if we’ve had a really intense summer in Sydney this year, but I felt like the aircon wasn’t doing much. I also bought a tower fan from Aldi and I felt like the Aldi fan provided more relief than the aircon. I was determined to make this work, kept it for 30 days. Tried on different days, played around with the tube to see if different positions worked better, tried turning it on very early morning before the house was too hot. Unfortunately ended up returning the product with receipt and full packaging.
I would like to believe that the aircon would work better in one single room, rather than trying to cool down a small granny flat. I need to point out that my house is not insulated so this could have made an impact on how well the product worked. I’ve never had any issues with Aldi products so I still believe that this would suit some people, just didn’t work for me. All I can say is im thankful for Aldi’s excellent return policy!

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $279.00.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated
Room Type Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom

no modulating air flow

Why does the air flow... mainly to the right side only and there is no way of adjusting this, there is no modulation to change this?
It would better if one could adjust the problem as all the cool air goes to the right only?There does not seem to be control over this?

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Adequate to supplement wall installed unit at other end of house

The most annoying thing about this air conditioner is the fact it blows air to the right of unit, Has up and down grill but no sideway direction so consequently the unit has to be placed in precarious position to direct flow. For a 2Kw unit you can't expect too much. Cools small room, spec says 10-16 sqm. For the few hot days it's adequate for relief.

Alright for a portable

I’ve used this product overnight and it coped without issue.
It’s very simple to use with minimal setting options
When using it during really hot nights it’s not going to make your room feel like a fridge. It will cool it down a bit though but I found this to be the case with having the air con and the ceiling fan running together. It’s also not the best for a bedroom as the cold air was hitting against the bed. When you turn the vents upward it doesn’t blow the air high enough to surround the room efficiently. Also the electrical cable is too short for a product that requires direct connection to a wall socket and not recommended to be connected to a power board or extension cable

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Just bought installed in bedroom. Absolutely perfect

Cannot write full review as yet. Just bought.. But it's doing perfect job of cooling as text. Bit on the noisy side but l can get over that After enduring two sleepless nights earlier in week looking forward to great nights sleep. Easy setup. Instructions adequate. Will buy another for caravan.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Does the job for a small room

I bought the smaller unit at Aldi ( they have 2 options of air con) I have been using it for the last week in a small room 4x3m. It does a good job st cooling the room and for the price paid $279 it is not bad.
The only thing that needs to be mentioned is that the system is a bit noisey. So if it is for your bedroom it might be an issue for you. I can sleep with the noise so no issue for me.

Couldnt be more impressed

Very quiet, very cold air, cools my one bedroom apartment. I use a fan to move the cold air around and raised it on a bookshelf for greater quicker cooling . It still worked as well on a 40° day. As effective as the brand name one my parents bought for double the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Not perfect but not bad

These are always a compromise and I knew that before we got it. Basically they always draw more hot air inside by way of their operation and so cannot be efficient. This did an adequate job of cooling out lounge room over summer, not crispy cold like a split system but definitely better. If it runs for a few more years I will be satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Pumps out plenty of cool air

We have used this over one summers so far We live in Melbourne so its freezing all year and then its 40c over summer. Portables are perfect for us and this one works very well. It cools much more than its diminutive size would suggest and can easily make a room habitable even on those 40c days. Simple set up and very basic remote. Good bonus is that this model does not require the water tank being emptied as it vents it outside. Would purchase again, good unit

Good cooling over summer

We are currently renting which means we can't install a split system and our landlord is too cheap to get one so this was style our only option. I actually performed way better than I expected - my dad said that portables were not up to par but this one did manage to cool the bedroom. It's a bit noisy and the window kit isn't the strongest but these are always something of a compromise. I did cool which meant I could sleep and that's a good thing!

Works just OK

This works, yeah, but only just. Its cold when you are sitting right in front of it but it never once cooled our living room down properly. Its from Aldi special buys and its similar to other things we have got from them. Dubius machines of unknown origins branded "Stirling". It is fragile and you have to be careful because it would be easy to snap some part of it - especially the window kit. We kept it because we rent and we were desperate for anything that cooled but I wouldn't buy the same one gain.

Small spaces only

Got this in on of those Aldi special buys. I kind of knew that these had limitations and found out, yep, they CANT cool a normal sized lounge room in full summer heat. It was cool, even cold sitting directly in front of it but it never did much to the overall room temperature. In my small study - it was actually quite good so there is a definite hard limit with room sized and these things. I will say that its quite well built and worked perfectly the whole time/

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Much Better Than I Hoped!

This really saved us during the summer - it was far more effective than I thought it would be. Everyone told me that portable aircons are useless but this one really bought the goods! It is the more powerful model that ALDI do an it was more than adequate in our bedroom - in fact we would have to tun it down once it has reached a good temperature or it would be too cold. It noisy when running but not so that you can't sleep. More of a white noise. It comes with a window hose and remote control both of which are good. Its packed away now but I will be using it again next summer.

Good Room Aircon

We got this in an attempt to cool our overly hot home office. I actually did pretty well for an Aldi product. It seemed a bit dubious when we unpacked it, but once we got everything hooked up and turned on, it cooled very well. I is noisy, but not too bad. It annoyed my wife but not me, I was just pleased to get some cool relief. It comes with a remote and a window pack. Overall a decent machine.

Lots Of Cold Air

I was amazed at how effective this little air-con on wheel is , especially when people had told me they dont work. This model certainly does! We had it in the bedroom and had to tun it down as it was too cold. We even had it running in the sitting room and it made a good difference there despite the large size of the area. It comes with a rather basic remote and a widow kit too. Overall this doesn't feel like it will last forever due to some cheap plastics in some area (hose etc) but while we have it it does a good job on hot days.

Fantastic Bedroom Aircon

We got through a sometimes very hot summer with this in the bedroom. Its a little noisy which I am fine with but bothered my wife a bit. It does a great job of cooling small spaces though - puts out really frosty cold air. There is no water tank to empty with this model which is a relief. You just connect up the pipes to the widow kit and away you go. A good product. just dont look too closely at your power bills!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Works In Small Spaces

This is a good and bad product. The good news is that it does as promised and puts out icy cold refrigerated air. The bad news is that it only has enough power to effectively cool a small space. I used it in the small home office - it was good. I moved it to the lounge room - it was no use. It was good sitting right in front of it but it could nit get the room temperature down effectively. Buy for small spaces and its good.

Date PurchasedOct 2017