ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner

ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner (page 3 of 4)

A008A-14C (4.1kW, Dec 2015-2018), A006C-12C (3.5kW, Oct 2016, Oct 2017), Pre-2016 Models, etc...

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now

3.3

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
Bhavesh N

Bhavesh NWA, 6025

Works great and does what it is for!!

Great product!! It’s just the outlet pipe is a bit problematic to sort out but does the job what it is for. I would recommend it and overall has a 3 years warranty! Works fine in 14sq meter room but if the room is bigger it will be less effective!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
JenO

JenO

great value and performance

Bought two, one for each of our offices. Quiet, easy to set up and super cool. the 14000BPU provides cooling power only matched by much more expensive units. people please note that air conditioners can only reduce the heat of a room by a percentage, so if its 50 outside there is no way you will ever get it to 21 degrees. the units I purchased are ideal for our office space about 40sq metres, which is a little over the recommendation for this unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
ray260250

ray260250

Aldi Stirling A008A-14C Needs 3 speed Fan

Bought it to cool a small bedroom and it does it brilliantly easy to set up . Some portable air conditioners only face the fan in one direction but this can be changed both up and across. This unit has a two speed fan but even on low it is far too powerful . Its like having a pedestal fan on high. The compressor isn't too noisy but this would be such a better unit with a lower speed fan setting. The window seal; kit is good and suits a side sliding window or vertical opening.

This unit is cooling only and the instructions say "Not to be run on an extension cord" and should not be placed within 30cm of a wall

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

What a waste of time

We have a air conditioner in our living room, but it doesn't work anymore. The cost of repair and/or replace was too expensive so we decided to buy a portable air conditioner. For the price I paid I expected some problems. But I didn't expect it to be so noisy! I need to put my television on 50 just to hear anything. It also needs to run all day just to get it to 25 degrees when the day has been 30 degrees and sunny. It is only cool directly in front of the unit.

If only it was as quiet as the sound of the exhaust from outside.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Honest review

The Aldi haters think they need to post anti Aldi comments, go and buy an AC from another store, pay three times the price for half the performance for other units, if your room is up to 30M2 this unit is great, if you are moron who posts nonsense it isn't.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Piece of junk

Very satisfied NOT the lounge room cooling down to 33° with 37° out side Christmas day and being heavily pregnant i don't suggest this aircon for any one. Its gone back to where it come from. I loved how quiet it was that was the only plus side about it. If only it worked!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Syrrah

SyrrahMelbourne

Love it!! Aldi Stirling A008A-14C

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Aldi/Stirling disappointment

Bought the 3.5 k/w Stirling mainly for the 3 year warranty. However, upon starting it up the outlet flap would only open half way. Had to use a pencil rubber to hold it open during use. Biggest gripe: way too noisy..impossible to sleep with it anywhere nearby or even in a lounge room...poor design. Also, 3 speed fan would only work on fixed "low " speed whatever setting or position.. Output temp was good at 12o C but the other issues outweighed its long term comfort. Returned it 5 days later. Will look for a more refined, quiet product and happy to pay more for a better unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Sore Back

Sore Backb, n

Made such a loud din I can hear through 2 closed doors

I had an earlier version in white of this model and it was ok , this unit
Must be faulty the noise is unbelievably LOUD
I am returning it today !

SydneyM

SydneyMAU

Much Better than I thought it would be and so glad I bought it.

Paris19

Paris19Melbourne

Great if you use it right

We used it for a short time and even though the installation was a bit of a pain (because the window bracket wasn't suitable for our awnings) it was a blessing after all, specially on those Melbourne summer (hot) nights. As long as you close all the gaps in the room really well (doors - i.e.: you can use door draft snake, etc), the hose blows the hot air outside the room. If the room is not too big it'll do quite a decent job. You won't be freezing but it will definitely give you a good temperature to sleep comfortably. If we needed a portable aircon in the future we would consider it again.

Lyn B

Lyn BIpswich

Working well for me.

Got mine 2nd hand but still new.... Set it to Cool and my bedroom cooled down beautifully... It is not a powerful as my previous portable air conditioner which was also noisier so it took a little longer to cool my room down... I read the previous reviews and have to wonder if they had their setting on auto which would explain their rooms not cooling down..

Jeremy

JeremySouth East Queensland, QLD

Stirling AM-12C53RA

This portable air con is hopeless. Even when being used in a very small bedroom it will only take the room temp down from 38 to 33-34 which is barely noticeable. It is also extremely loud which would be bearable if it actually worked properly. It blows cool air but not cold air. The unit was set up correctly. A big problem with portable air con's is they create negative pressure in the room and hot air gets sucked in through any gaps (under door, between windows) and the exhaust tube which is in the room gets extremely hot and radiates yet more heat into the room. Extremely disappointed with this product.

sam

sammelbourne

Useless

I bought this air con from aldi bwt12000 the price was 379$ today using it for the second time the temperature outside is 31° and this air con running from last one n half hr it displays 28 not able bring temp down. I bought this coz it had all the features what a expensive 1 has. Plz i suggest to dont look for 200$ n buy a gud quality n reasonable brand

Sooo cool

We love it, affordable and a great relief from this summers terrible heat, 2 thumbs up for this great unit.

Highly recomend this

I love it.... works fantastic....i have a large room that gets really hot and it cools it right down in no time at all.... great value

Evah

EvahBlacktown, New South Wales

Awesome

My husband and I bought this one, and so easy to use & cools the whole room, very use to take around the house

Best value ever...I swear by it!!

I bought this portable aircon way back in 2009 for $350..never missed a beat..I've had big brand 3 portable aircons (bought for my workshop office and my brothers rooms) but this one out runs them all...its the best one..it still runs like a horse a bit heavy but its totally worth it...those of you's who have issues with it must have installed it incorrectly!!!

The best buy ever !

I purchased this portable air conditioner from Aldi for $399.00 and used it religiously for 4 years!
It was very powerful actually, it froze my rather large bedroom and never missed a beat .
After 4 years of solid work it finally died. I will definitely replace with another one from Aldi.

Rawzy

Rawzy

Waste of Money

Very disappointing purchase,The air coming from the unit is not very cold and it is a heavy unit. Most Electrical products from ALDI are not so good.

See all ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner reviews