ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner

ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner (page 4 of 4)

A008A-14C (4.1kW, Dec 2015-2018), A006C-12C (3.5kW, Oct 2016, Oct 2017), Pre-2016 Models, etc...

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now

3.3

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
Julia

JuliaWA, 6210

Aldi Sterling Portable air conditioner

I bought one last summer in 2013 for $399 & I luv it. It works great & keeps my place so cool. I wouldn't b without it. No problems so far. Good unit.

christineBrisbane

Rubbish

My husband bought one a week ago. Even with the ceiling fan on high the machine doesn't go below 30 degrees with hours (and I mean hours) of running. Really noisy. The box says low level noise! Laughable. It is cool if you stand right in front of it. I have been able to fall asleep but if you wake up falling back to sleep is a chore. An assault on the senses+++. Now to convince my husband to return it.
looks good
everything else. Hate to think how much power is being gobbled up.

doug01Maroochydore

Noisy , does not meet specifications

It was a very hot day. My house temperature was 36 degrees C. I set up the Stirling portable air conditioner in my 14 sq m bedroom and it worked noisily and flat out all day to keep my bedroom cooled to 32 degrees C. NOT GOOD AT ALL !!!!
Looked excellent.
Did not meet specifications.

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Bushkaboo

BushkabooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Save your money. Bad product. Worse customer service.

I purchased two units from Aldi for $399 each. Upon unwrapping one, I discovered a faulty remote. I phoned Tempo Aust, and was promised a new one within the week. A week passed, no remote. Another call to Tempo. More promises. Still no remote. After numerous long distance phone calls, 59 days of waiting, I returned both units to Aldi. It was bulky and the window mount kept falling apart. Had a faulty remote. Rotten customer service.

Terrible Customer Service. After 59 days, still no genuine assistance. Returned to Aldi.

Rosie

RosieNorthern Region, NSW

2 yrs on no improvement

At almost $400 in December 2013 had thought an improvement would have been made. No, still very noisy and very little cold air . Not enough to cool a small bedroom with windows and doors shut. I would not recommend purchasing this. You would not be able to sleep for the noise it makes on all fan settings.
Nicely to look and wheels well. Hose outlet to window fits well. Nice to have the remote that came with it.
Too noisy and very little cold air emanating from the machine.

doug01

Hot Day.... House 36 degrees C ......Stirling Portable 12000 btu air conditioner worked flat out to cool bedroom to 32 degrees C .Purchased Dec 13 .... NOT GOOD

Tony buxton
Tony buxton

It seems good to me. However, I have to sell mine as I am moving into, a bigger house that already has ducted air con. I will sell for $199. That is really a bargain.

lidia baldwin
lidia baldwin

Hi ,i,ve had mine for a few summers now , it,s ok . Iv,e lost the instructions and dont remember where to put water in it , or if i even have to . do you know ? Lidia .

Terrible

I am taking this unit back to aldi asap. And i will buy a 15000 btu aircon from bunnings for $699. If i were you i would stay away from these sterling portable air conditioners. Even though it's cheap if it can not cool a small room it's a waste of $350
looks nice, has wheels, easy to wheel around, soft touch controlls, swing fan, remote controll,
Does not cool a 3x3m room. The air coming from the unit is not very cold at all and i just measured it with a thermometer which read 17 degrees celcius after 5 mins of sitting in the fins. It's 3:20 am with the aircon full blast and it's cooler outside.

peter watler
peter watler

We purchased two of these units for use in bedrooms,excellent send out the same cool air as the expensive ones

Good

joenuyda1
joenuyda1

How do your remove water from the AC25P as we dont have a manual and the user manual on the net does not explain it properly

gusmundo

gusmundo

Terrible

I purchased AM-12C53RA1(A7) from ALDI, on the brosure it said cool and heat, a couple of months later in winter I have realised it does not heat.

The unit in Summary was absolute rubbish, we had it on in the living area, which is 7x3 metres and it did not cool the room down at all. Not to mention it was so noisy, we had to scream at each other to communicate.

We have now moved it to a room 3x2.5 metres and it takes up most of the room.

Very disapointing purchase, However since my purchase, I have been told by many people that his is very common with portable air conditioners. so if your not renting, purchase split air.
Dehumidifier
Heavy, Painful to setup, No heat function, Takes up a lot of room, noisy

Portable Air Conditioners

Zoe123

Zoe123

Good

Works really well for a small room / bedroom. Very happy with my purchase.It is heavy and bulky - you need to get someone to help you move it. Would definitely buy another one.
Relatively quiet, very reasonably priced, easy to use.
Very heavy, Has begun to rattle and hum a bit loudly after a year of use (rectified by putting a magazine under one wheel!)

billandirene

billandirene

Bad

works only well in small rooms

way to heavy to carry around

would not buy again but what can you get for less money...
price is low
to heavy to move around
to noisy
only cools small rooms well

See all ALDI Stirling Portable Air Conditioner reviews