Stirling (Aldi) Portable Fridge/Freezer 40 Litre

Stirling (Aldi) Portable Fridge/Freezer 40 Litre Questions & Answers

101 questions from our users

Steve solomon

Steve solomonasked

My 40 litre Stirling fridge freezer is not dropping below -11 degrees - aways gone to -18 before when I set it as am about Togo away & need a freezer. Also outside of fridge has condensation.

Debby
Debby

Ours was working fine until the Er1 started showing- gone to the tip now!! Was great for about 4 years.

Cassie K.

Cassie K.asked

My fridge temperature display is set to farenheit
How can I change it back cellceious

Terry

Terryasked

When on battery showing -18 ,turn vehicle off and after 10 mins goes to 13 on display . Any ideas?

Chris

Gday Terry, are you sure its not reading E1, thats a common code for low voltage supply, make sure your fridge is turned to low at the switch where your cables plug in, then check you supply source, Anderson plugs connect better than cigarette lighter sockets, then check that your power supply continues when ignition is off, Cheers

Murry Brown

Murry Brownasked

where can i get a new lid for the 40l frig.
old lid heat warped, cracked at hinge.
thanks
Murray

Chris

My Old fridge is at Liverpool Refrigeration P/L, 02 9602 9571, speak to Lee, he said he would keep if for spares.

Marinos N.

Marinos N.asked

what it means E2 my king fridge 45 liter

Brian B.

Brian B.asked

E1 error

Chris

Gday Brian, check the switch on the rear where the cord is plugged in is on Low, if it continues, charge the power source, or put it on Mains Power, mine started doing this initially, then i found it had an internal gas leak and was irrepairable, the manufacturers contact details, (Companion Brands) are on the bottom, i found them to be very unresponsive until i contacted Aldi complaints department on 13 25 34.

Kevin Tasked

How much is the Aldi 40ltr fridge/freezer, do you have a choice of making it all freezer or all fridge with the controls, how can I buy one. Thanks Kev.

Chris

Gday Kevin, the fridge/freezer is $499 from Aldi, yes you can have all fridge or all freezer, not both, just adjust the controls, good while it lasted, (3 years), poor after sales service from the manufacturer Companion Brands, not very good value for money is my opinion.

What do you recommend. Kev

Chris

Bushranger, not cheap but reliable and long lasting.

Michael J

Michael Jasked

Why does E1 appear on 40ltr f/f ?

Col
Col

Usually means your power source is dropping below 11.8v. Probably not a problem with the battery but more likley the connections. I had the same problem when using the cigarette lighter fitting and eliminated it by connecting the 12v supply directly to the battery terminals. Have not had the E1 error since.

Chris

Put the power control switch to low, its where the cord plugs in at the back.

Dennis

Dennisasked

Where can I buy one now

Suzanne Tregellisasked

The clip on my lid snapped & was wondering if I could possibly buy a new catch, as it seems I can just need to undo a couple of screws & replace the catch.

Suzanne Tregellis

Still waiting to hear if I can purchase a new clip for my 40ltr Sterling Fridge?Freezer. It looks like I can unscrew my broken one & replace it with a new one. Is it possible to purchase a new clip please 0429 392 199

Josh R.

Josh R.asked

Car adapter stopped working where can I get one

NeilKC

DSMasked

how to access the fuse?

Larry McComish

Larry McComishasked

How do I turn on the Bluetooth connection on the unit

Bug

As far I know , it doesn't have Bluetooth.
Do you have information to say it does?

Dianne s

Dianne sasked

Where can I buy a cover for this

seanyboy
seanyboy

if Adventuridge they did not make one- unbelievably! But I bought a Kings 45L cover from 4wd Supercentre and it fits almost perfectly. Cannot see the temp panel but otherwise great fit and only cost $49

Chris

Gday Dianne s, i have a cover that im about to throw away, you pay postage and its yours if you want it, Cheers

Kylie R
Kylie R

Chris, where are you at? i am in Sydney

Faye W.asked

Chris

Companion Brands is the manufacturer, in Victoria.

Faye W.asked

Cheryl forbesasked

Can I buy a new 12 volt car charger for my surfing fridge freezer ?

Bug

It's a fairly generic plug that Jaycar or any reputable outdoor store should have spares of.

Frank from Oz
Frank from Oz

I’ve replaced my 12 volt cable for it. Any camping or 4WD store, Anaconda, etc should stock it. Jay car also stick them. I got mine at an ARB store for $19.95 and it’s better quality than the original Aldi one which broke.

Cheryl forbes

Great thanks for the info managed to buy one from snowys camping shop.

Terry N

Terry Nasked

The lid on my Stirling 40l fridge has distorted from the heat. Where can I get a replacement part?

Carlasked

Fridge is less than 12 months old, it is working fine on 240 volt ,but somehow car lead is not letting 12 volt power through, I have checked the fuse which is ok, also car fuse is ok ,so some where in the power cord there seems to be a break, Is there a new 12 volt cord available and from where Please??/ regards Carl
cchofstee49@gmail.com

Noel J.
Noel J.

jaycar

Carl

I went back to Aldi store and manager offered a full refund. which I accepted

Peter Azzopardi

Peter Azzopardiasked

Where can I get a cover for it ??

Gday Peter, i have a cover for free, give me a call on 0412 843 760, Cheers