Stirling (Aldi) Portable Fridge/Freezer 40 Litre

Stirling (Aldi) Portable Fridge/Freezer 40 Litre Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

102 questions from our users

Mr David C Morris

Mr David C Morrisasked

Our fridge temp control doesn’t seem to be working, just freezes up. Has anyone else had this problem?

joandjohn

joandjohnasked

Fridge freezer has worked brilliantly on 240V and battery till this morning. Runs on power and power is getting to unit from battery but will not turn on - any ideas?

( COBR - I don't know who they are -(productsupport@cobr.com.au Phone 1300300018) says 1. voltage may be too low, 2.check unit is switched on,3. check power cable & all connections from battery to fridge.4. Check fuse at the power input panel. Hope this helps.

Julie

Julieasked

Wanting to purchase 12v lead for sterling fridge. Where can i order online?

steve107

steve107asked

what does NE mean on a stirling portable fridge freezer? Context is in relation to the battery protection Hi, Lo, NE.

I think it should say "me" for medium. Hi, Me, Lo

Sparks

Sparksasked

Does anyone else find the aldi 41 litre fridge compressor noisy on 240 or is it just mine?

Rommie44

Ours is noisy too when it kicks in....

Michael

Michaelasked

Where is this fridge made?
Michael Bull [email removed]

Geoff G

Geoff Gasked

I have just purchased a Stirling 41 litre car fridge and have been running it on 240 volt power without any problems, however, I went to connect the fridge to the car's 12 volt socket and the fridge wouldn't turn on. I checked the car's socket and it is ok. I can only think that there is a problem with the 12 volt power cord.
What steps do I need to take to replace the 12 volt power cord?
Geoff

Blondie

I have bin havivg the same problem mine runs fine on 240 but cant hold a cold temp on 12 volt think mine is either the cord or the Compresser an Auto Electriction can test the cord

Lindsay

Check the fuse has not blown inside the cigarette plug

ando47
ando47

Have found a wire off the back of the fuse after removing the cover

Ben e

Ben easked

As anybody purchased a cover for the sterling 41ltrfridge... If so where did you purchase from?
Cheers

Blondie

The fridge comes wit a insulated Cover part of the purchase deal

Lindsay

I bought the new Stirling 41L from Aldi, works great so far and the dual action lid is really handy. Unfortunately no cover is available. Only option is you might want to wrap the fridge up in an old blanket leaving the compressor vents exposed.

Rogerd63
Rogerd63

I've been looking at the Kings 45 litre fridge cover. They sell for $49 plus $10 postage and should fit but the plugs are on the other end so you would have to cut a small hole to allow them to be plugged in.

Rustyasked

How long can the fridge keep running on a 12v battery before the battery needs charging?

Blondie

When my lemon fridge was brand new it would last 2days but that is running the fridge Only on u power i bought a battery tester which is good getting a solar panel is even better

Ol thanks Blondie

Coryan

Coryanasked

Do they make a insulation cover - just recently purchased unit from Aldi - noticed after running for a few days at zero temp condensation pooled water under unit? Not a great deal but you wouldn't want it to happen if unit in your vehicle or van.

Lindsay

Yeah I have been looking around, but no luck. I will do what my mum would do and get an old children’s blanket and wrap it around for long journeys leaving the compressor vents exposed.

Julie B

Julie Basked

We have just purchased the latest sterling fridge freezer from Aldi is there a cover available? thanks

Richard
Richard

I brought a kings 45l cover just have to cut hole where the plug is on another note have you still got the instruction manual as I can’t find mine wanting to know what HI LOW and NE settings are for thx

Kate

Kateasked

Help please, I'm a complete novice. I'm planning to use for a week camping. Drive 3 hours and then not use car again whilst there. How do I power the fridge? If I need to hook up a second car battery, how do I do this and won't it drain both batteries? Can I use solar panels and are these fairly straight forward to hook up? Where can I go for advice? Sorry for the dummy questions.

strinco
strinco

go to home of 12 volt they sell various size power packs they are great i have 2 of them they charge off the car or generator or solar panels

Womble

Wombleasked

We have just purchased this fridge freezer. Set temperature to -10 to test it but display goes back to original temperature that it displayed when we first switched it on which was 24 and it has continued to rise now its up to 32. Inside feels like its getting cold. Any ideas on whats going on with temp display?

Mowerman
Mowerman

It is inside temperature of the unit, as the inside gets cooler the temperature on the lcd panel will drop.

Janet M

Janet Masked

What is the ideal temperature setting for the fridge setting?

Lindsay

You want to run it at around 2deg. Check the compressor restarts when the inside reaches 5deg, no higher, some activate the compressor at different temps do a test run at home and find the max set temp you can set it too without the inside going above 5 deg. Buy yourself a $10 digital probe thermometer and check the Temperature of a bottle of water stored close to the top to verify that the panel is showing the same as what the display panel is reading.

catherine

catherineasked

just bought the new 41litre stirling from aldi. can I get a cover for it?

Bob B

Bob Basked

can you get a travel bag for the fridge?

Graeme
Graeme

Yes evakool do a cover for their tmdz 43

Knowlzy

Knowlzyasked

My fridge keeps coming up with e3 on the digital monitor what does this mean ?

Sharron Smith

Sharron Smithasked

are these sealed units i have 1 leaking under warranty and techno guy said they are not sealed??????

Josie

Josieasked

I have used my 40 ltr fridge only twice and found it leaks. . Anyone else had this problem?

tonyt

tonytasked

My fridge works on 240 ok but wont on 12v comes up with E1 fault. Can anyone tell me what E1 fault is?

Thanks Tony

Asphaltguy
Asphaltguy

Apparently cable size is a factor - try a thicker cable on 12 volts

TonyP
TonyP

We had similar issues. Ans: they draw a lot of power if battery is low the E1 error appears and the compressors goes on and off. Ensure the car socket you are using can carry the power load - in 4wd etc they are made fit for purpose. In smaller sedans the car sockets don’t have the heavier cables - only useful for phones & car chargers etc, on our car we had the auto electrician run a new heavy duty cable direct from 5he battery to a new socket.

Get an answer from our members and Stirling (Aldi) representatives