Stirling STR-X601C

1.7

Len1010

Len1010South East Queensland, QLD

Poorly designed junk.

While the unit itself looks great and works well for very short periods the electronics it's made from are poor quality and under designed for a real cook top. It's Noisy because the fans have to work hard to keep the underrated electronics from overheating. Sadly the Electronics still overheat & fail when the cook top is used in a normal hot kitchen. Shorted Power Transistors and Blown Rectifiers are common place in this cook top. This one should be urgently recalled!!! Not suitable for an Australian Kitchen.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$179.00.

Winster

WinsterSydney

Great investment

Purchased in May 2017 at ALDI for A$249.00.

Kevin D

Kevin DSydney

Will not last

Bought this cooktop from Aldi. It sat in it’s carton waiting for our new kitchen to be constructed. It was installed into our new kitchen but only lasted 3 months or so after that before it stopped working. Went through the warranty scenario. Cooktop could not be repaired, so was refunded the purchase price. This is all well and good but we now have to replace the unit and pay the cost of installation again. The warranty does not seem to cover replacement, therefore saving Aldi the cost of reinstallation. Anyway the old saying “You get what you pay for” rings true again. My advice is to steer clear of these products.

Induction Cooktops

Find out how Stirling STR-X601C compares to other Induction Cooktops

Jon

JonNew South Wales

Lesson in Frustration STR-B60ICSG

After a short period of use an element failed. It was given a case number by Tempo who supplied a local repairer. This case number was deleted without notice. After recontacting a second case number was given and after one visit by local contractor we are now a month down the track of being told continually that the part has been sent by Tempo and the local contractor indicating that it has not arrived! Who do you believe? And still have a defective cooktop! Don't buy!

PJC

PJC

Worked great, then it didn't

I loved it, never had an induction before. Looked beautiful, heated up really quickly. Then it blew the house fuse after about 3 month's use. Two months later, two visits by the technician, and we have have received a phone call from Texas ! offering a refund.
Warranty contact was Tempo who outsourced to the technician, who was reluctant to come out. He then ordered replacement electrical board parts. They were sent directly to him, we then had to chase up to get him to come out and install them. They then blew immediatelso he had to order more parts, which is when igot the phone call.
I also installed Aldi oven, waiting for repair, and dishwasher, fingers crossed.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Minnie

MinnieBrisbane

I bought 3 of these for units and one failed.

PPP

PPPBrisbane

Piece of Rubbish

Do not buy this induction cooktop, stopped working after 4 months, repairs are a nightmare with no parts available and no replacement option. It is going to be 2 months or more before we have it working again. The electrician doing repairs informed us that this has been a very common fault with this cooktop and there have been many repairs. I will not buy electrical from Aldi again.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jrdm

JrdmTweed Heads

Lasted 3 months

In home warranty is a joke. Bought this product in April but didn't install till July & its fried already.
Haven't dealt with faulty products from Aldi before & they referred to the manufacturer who won't take a return only repair.
They also advised that a replacement may be a refurbished item, not new.

Rob

RobLismore

What a crap

Induction Cooktops

Find out how Stirling STR-X601C compares to other Induction Cooktops

Maybe a Beko in disguise

The controls are too slow to use for a busy cook. Very fiddly I found. The cycling in heating with thermostat control good on 1 to 4, but 5 to 9 no control... this is common with many cooktops. Not as fast as some other induction cooktops to heat 1L of water... took 4 minutes to boil from cold in a thick bottomed scanpan pot. The build quality is first class. There is a good youtube video about this.. Aldi Induction Cooktop.

Shirley

Shirleyasked

Once my job gets too warm it has started to flash 9 and E even thou it has only been on 4/5 . I have to turn off the trip switch to the house. I only have this about 2 months

Trevor B.

Trevor B.asked

I am unable to get the stovetop to move from Lock (Lo). Each time I follow the instructions to unlock, all appears fine, that is the Lo is replaced with — until I try to activate any of the four zones, then the Lo reappears. Rendering the stove unusable. Checked the troubleshooting tips and have cleaned the stovetop and my fingers, and still no joy. Have turned off the power to see if reset might occur. Any suggestion

abullbar
abullbar

turn off main stove power for 10 seconds

xiaogouasked

Is it still going ok? Do you find the power setting control too fiddly to use?

Seems as good as new, and looks as good as new as well. Controls seem ok, and appear no different to others I see. My prior one had the controls on a strip in front of the heating area which was good as we could cover the heating area with news paper without covering the controls.
All the ones on the market now seem to have the controls incorporated into the Glass top like this one. We just cut out a bit of a gap at the edge of the news paper cover to expose the controls. Works fine. I am still amazed at the high prices of other example of these things being generally $1,200 to nearly $3,000. This was last at Aldi for $299 with a three year onsite warranty. Amazing.

I just read the other review. Not sure what is meant by slow, these things are renowned for being faster than gas. You generally have to watch it if it is on 5 or above as it will generally be boiling vigorously quite quickly and if you do not turn it down you could get a lot of steam, water jumping out of the pot or stuff stuck to the inside bottom of the pot or smoke if it is a frying pan. We generally heat stuff up on 5 then as soon as it is as hot as we want, we turn it to 4 or lower depending.
We would have to be in a real hurry to use 6 to 9 and you sure can not leave it at those setting for long. Heating up on 1 to 4 would be slow ish but we never do that as it would be like trying to heat something on a simmer setting. We just heat stuff up quickly generally using 5, then turn it down. Very fast, not fiddly for us.