ALDI Stirling W60A1A401B White (Feb 2014, Jul 2015, Jul 2016, Jul 2017)

ALDI Stirling W60A1A401B White (Feb 2014, Jul 2015, Jul 2016, Jul 2017)

MPN: W60A1A401B

See the Best Freestanding Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

rupotty

rupottySydney, NSW

Had ours for two years now shocking!

Upon installation our dishwasher did not work, booked a service call and two weeks later someone came to change the control panel. Still did not work! Booked another service call and another control panel this time worked!
Does not wash dishes well and can only use heavy or intense to get a wash, loath the cutlery tray as have to lay out each piece individually.
Now getting E2 error pump blocked but nothing in the pipes and all drainage clear.
I think best place for this dishwasher is the scrap heap!

Purchased in June 2016 at ALDI for $399.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Rusting baskets

The dishwasher is now 2 years old and both top and bottom baskets are rusting in all different spots mainly on the underneath of them. Had normal daily use for the two years but when I contacted Stirling while still within my 3 year warranty period they stated as previous reviews have, that it is "not covered by warranty" and it must be something I am doing. I will be taking this further as obviously it IS a fault with the dishwasher and clearly a product defect. I do find the washing of the dishes no better or worse than previous dishwashers I have owned but not taking responsibility for faulty products is unacceptable and must be rectified as stated in their own warranty details under the Consumer Act 2010.

Purchased in July 2017.

Nik

Nik

Never washed dishes very well

Even when new, it never washed dishes very well. I would often find washing powder on glassware (tried multiple brands of powder) and some things just not being washed much at all. Sometimes it worked OK and other times it just seemed to bake dirt onto dishes. The only setting that stood a chance of being effective was the 'intensive' one.
After about a year of light use, it started to show error messages. Now I just wash dishes by hand because it's easier than stacking, unstacking and rewashing everything in this junky dishwasher.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
PJC

PJC

It works okay

It works fine as a dishwasher.
The bottom drawer is hard to slide in and out, it keeps falling off its tracks.
I couldnt fit dinner plates in it, until I found that the top shelf could be adjusted.
The stainless steel finish is just painted plastic and the paint is flaking off.
Looks cheap, was cheap, will do for now.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

l have been very pleased with my dish washer.

Cleans very well, l use the echo mode a lot, just need to open the door after it has finished washing to dry, tip water off top of cups & shake the cultery basket to remove excess water, also take out any plastic items, leave to dry on sink. l use Aldi,s tabs in it & vinegar as a rinse aide. All going great, have had it 3yrs or more. Love it. Great job Aldi,s.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Rusty baskets & not washing after 2years

Good price & worked fine first 2 years - now baskets all rusty & doesn’t leave dishes clean - still under Warranty but Tempo don’t return calls & nothing being done about it - I keep ringing & they try to fob me off with “that’s not covered by warranty” then say they will escalate it but I never hear back. It is a bad joke & never again to buy an Aldi appliance

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Funda

Funda

Worst money ever spent

I thought this was awesome for the price I paid which I must admit did work quiet fine for the first year. As for now I'll have to start my machine on 3 different cycles just to have my dishes cleaned even though I rinse them before loading the dishwasher

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Stirling dishwasher Aldi

Does work properly
Brand new dishwasher straight out of box. Has error E2 message - water inlet problem and eco mode does work.
Checked hose for water to unit and find there's no problem - probably power board.
Just rung supplier and they say can't do anything cos you dont have purchase receipt.
Where's the customer support here??????

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Not worth even the bargain basement price.

Bough it after our old and very reliable Fisher and Paykel finally gave up and we needed a quick replacement. Poor choice, because things started to go wrong within a year or so - seals, spray arms, rack runners etc etc. Better off spending your hard-earned on a decent pair of rubber gloves and a large dish-rack.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Jack

JackMelbourne

Horrible

Our old Dishwasher stopped working so we decided to purchase a new one at Aldi. The first month or two it was actually working just fine. We also enjoyed that it had a cutlery section, in which our old one didn't. Although as going through the same routine daily, it didn't take long until the dish washer had stopped doing its job. Not that it had stopped fully working, but when we would open after its clean, only half of the dishes would be washed! Shortly after that the door wouldn't even close in. We've now decided to just hand wash our dishes for now.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

dmarie

dmarie

Good for single person

I find this dishwasher great for me, cleans well on intensive setting. The only downside is you can't fit normal size plates in standing up, so wouldn't be practical for large family. On the whole though for the price I paid and as it's only me in the house it's great.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrence

TerrenceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect

Very quiet. It does clean and dry the dishes
Plenty of settings
Large area for loading dishes
Great tray for cutlery
Price was fantastic
Good looking product
Not too big so it doesn't overtake the kitchen
Aldi staff were very helpful, they helped get it on a trolley so that I could get it to the car
Very happy overall

Date PurchasedSep 2016

BOC

BOC

In a new home we purchased.

Read reviews and have used the suggested tablets and rinse aid. Cleans better than a very expensive European model we have in our last home. Do not fully load the washer and make sure you have the top tray set so that plates in the lower tray do not restrict the top washer bar. Cleans glasses a lot better than our old washer.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Robert S

Robert SBrisbane

Good for the money

Has a great capacity, is fairly quiet. It does have quite long cycles though, have found that it doesn't always clean as well as our old dishwasher but does a good enough job most of the time. Seems to be better on the ALDI tablets. Is cheap but is good for the money.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
gjdq32

gjdq32Sydney

Convenient and cheap.

Not really luxury, but the goodness of purchase in Aldi is that you can always find something cheap enough, plus their long time quality guarantee. It may not be as good as a Miele, but after using, I find it acceptable. Of course, you always need to have a bit prewash before using.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

I read the other reviews, and thought for $299 and 3yr warranty what can be wrong with that.

Mark Gold Coast

Mark Gold CoastGold Coast

For the price... excellent

Update 5/11/17 still works well and we are happy

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ewok the hobbit

Ewok the hobbitBrisbane

Excellent, works great.

Works well, quiet and easy to use. Dishes are clean and well dried. Stacking racks are well designed especially the ones on t op for long items. Maybe needs something to hold down short items, like chinese type food containers,in the upper rack and more raised deviders for lids. Would recommend this unit for sure.

Pintsize

PintsizeAU

Piece of garbage

I purchase this dishwasher thinking it's a good price so why not give it a go, well I'm sorry I didn't spend the extra money on a better brand dishwasher it bearly cleans my dishes I have to hand wash some or put them back through the washer, I have tried packing different ways I hardly put anything in it now just to get a reasonable clean.. Very disappointed and also don't seem to care.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Mick

MickBrisbane

Pile of junk

It's ability to use power and do nothing is perfect.it doesn't wash or dry while the noise is torrable at times! I don't recommend this to anyone in fact I have a mate with a bob cat that would allow me to crush this pile of junk and carefully put in his scrap metal bin!

Date PurchasedOct 2016