Stokke Xplory

18 questions from our users

jessica m.

jessica m.asked

Xplory

Does the Stokke xplory v4 fit a V3 seat and bassinet?

Stokke
Catherine M.Stokke

Hi Jessica,
Yes, the V3 Xplory Seat and Carry Cot will be compatible with the V4 Xplory chassis.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.
Kind Regards,
Catherine
Stokke Australia Team

yoel c.

yoel c.asked

Xplory

would any of the newer versions of the xplory seat fit on my v3 model?

Mary L.

Mary L.asked

Xplory V6

I just purchase Xplory v6, Just wonder whether the foot rest is adjustable and what is the maximum age that a child can fit in? 3 or 4 years old?

Kushla M.
Kushla M.

Hi Mary,
The footrest is adjustable, it has a little latch at the bottom of the footrest that allows it to be moved up and down. And weight is up to 15kgs for the seat. We still have ours and our little boy who is 2.5yrs olds is on the lower end of the percentile range. Hope that helps

Stokke
Catherine M.Stokke

Hi Mary,
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Stokke family!
The footrest on earlier model Xplory's (up to V5) is adjustable, as mentioned above. With the new improved V6 model, the footrest has been redesigned to make the stroller easier to use when folding the stroller and reversing the seat. This new footrest is fixed to the stroller seat, but the padding on the footrest can be adjusted offering extra comfort and better leg support for baby in comparison to earlier models.
For Australia, the Stokke Xplory is tested and approved for a maximum recommended load (with normal use) of 15kg, but in the US/Canada the exact same Xplory is actually tested and approved to be used up to 20kg.
We hope this information helps!
If you have any other questions about your new purchase, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team on 02 8863 2886.
Kind Regards,
Catherine
Stokke Australia Team

Lydia C.

Lydia C.asked

Xplory

Hi I have a v4 frame and am looking on buying a new carrycot, does the new carrycot fit that frame ? If not, do u know where still sells carry cots for that type of frame please?

jinyoung a.

jinyoung a.asked

Xplory

I want to buy stokke xplory 6 but consider buying second hand carry cot as carry cot would be used for short term . Is V5 version of carry cot fit in to xplory 6 as well?

Sergio M.

Sergio M.asked

Xplory V6

is it possible to use the bassinet in a jogging chasis? I dont want to buy 2 strollers. thanks!

Denija R.

Denija R.asked

Xplory V3

I’ve got the xplory v3 and Izi go modular car seat. From what I’ve read online they should fit together but it doesn’t seem to work... any ideas?

Elsha
Elsha

I think you may need the adapter for it. Have you try it?

Paul Adrianlou P

Paul Adrianlou Pasked

Xplory

Hello we just bought a used xplory pram, everything is good about it except that the middle chasis is wobbling, i think it needs replacement or whatever but cant find the right site to inquire about which one needs fixing?

Bambilaboo

Hello there. There are a few versions of the Xplory. However if you feel that there may be need to check the integrity of your Xplory I would definitely go to a Stokke authorised repairer. Please look up “Pramfix” or “Baby Second Heaven” they are experts with the Stokke strollers and will know upon inspection is anything is wrong.

Rumyana G

Rumyana Gasked

Hello,

I was wondering whether the new stoke xplory v6 is suitable with any other car sear apart from the izi go one? And if it is, please recommend brands and whether I need to buy special adapters ? thank you :)

Bambilaboo

Maxi cosi compatable only with adapters

Mah

Mahasked

Hi is the crusi seat fix on the xplory v1 the older model? Thanks

Unfortunately not V3 Xplory upwards

Priyanka Kakar Vig

Priyanka Kakar Vigasked

Xplory V4

Can you jog with the xplory?

Diana C
Diana C

Most definitely not. It does not do well on bumpy paths at all. Even a slow walk over a bumpy path is sometimes too much for baby. And if you decide to take the pram on grassed areas be ready for your child to be bouncing in the seat BIG time. We added lambskin to the seat to try to soften it more, but even then she bounces around heaps. Outside of that, if you are going to shopping centres etc, its an excellent pram.

nicies

niciesasked

Xplory V4

Why is it so hard to clip the carry cot onto the xplory base?

daisy

Do you have the correct carry cot clip?

Gina Vasked

Xplory V4

Hi, I'm wondering whether a hired bassinet will fit the Stokke Xplory (with the right adaptors), rather than having to buy the Stokke branded bassinet?

Hi Gina

I am not sure if the bassinet of other brand will fit. But the seat is compatible for newborns. It reclines almost straight like a bassinet and it comes with a newborn insert that goes inside the seat to provide extra support for newborns.
Sorry not sure about the hired bassinet.

Gina V

Thanks for that - good to know!!

Sandi l
Sandi l

Actually u can get adapters to fit the maxicosi car capsule

bee

beeasked

Xplory V4

if you buy the pram and the carry cot do you get one or 2 hoods?

Kate

We got one hood with it... then you just switch it between the two

Dan

Danasked

Xplory V1

Hey,we live near the beach and walk the dog there everyday. How does the Stokke Xplory travel on sand? Hard and soft?

DBhatt

Hi Dan, to be honest i have never tried it on the beach :( but I have taken it to parks & never had any issues.

daisy

If put in to 2 wheel mode it slides across the sand I used mine 2 weeks ago in barmouth

Melba mom to be

Melba mom to beasked

Xplory V1

Do newborns fit well in the seat and do their legs dangle out when they get a big bigger? Has anyone tried the carry cot or Footmuff and any recommendations on those?

Betty446
Betty446

I bought the carry cot to use for my newborn until he was 5 months old then switched him over to the seat. I'd recommend buying the carrycot as I don't think the seat is suitable for newborns. My baby was a winter baby (August) so I also bought the Stokke sleeping bag, which was great. However, by October, my baby was too hot/sweaty in it so I lined the carrycot with a cotton wrap. The seat has three different positions (angles). When your baby is bigger, the legs dangle down but the footrest is adjustable.

Mark5642

Mark5642asked

Xplory V1

How do we detach hood from car cradle & attach to the pram bassa net on stroller?

midnitelily
midnitelily

I am not sure what you mean by car cradle. But if you have the maxi cosi or peg perego travel seat/capsule you need to buy an adaptor to fix on the stokke stroller frame.

I don't think a hood from any car seat would fit in the stokke bassinet. unless you're referring to the stokke's own baby car seat. It wasn't released in australia when I had my baby, so I can't help. Sorry.

FirstBaby

FirstBabyasked

Xplory V1

Is Stokke Xplory good for walking with baby along bitumen and paths?

Miss_T
Miss_T

It's brilliant on flat footpaths and roads! Not as great on grass, sand or really bumpy surfaces, so if you're doing a lot of off-road, I would go for a Mountain Buggy or similiar - anything with bigger wheels basically. Mind you, we had the Mountain Buggy originally and it wasn't amazing off-road either. Still bumpy.

Many months since writing my review though, we couldn't be happier with our Stokke. We absolutely love it!

I've just seen the 2011 model and it's that bit better again with one handed foot rest removal, a hood which extends out slightly more and more lush padding, so if you have a choice, go the newer model.

Hope this helps your decision. Regards.

rodericb
rodericb

It is good for walking along bitumen and compacted gravel paths. The shorter wheelbase makes it easy to steer and the slightly soft tyre deaden shocks from footpath cracks to a degree. It's by no means a jogging or offroad pram - they're much larger and have big wheels. If you're not jogging or going "four wheel driving" with your pram the Stokke is good.

pattymac
pattymac

Hi
The Xplory is great for walking along sealed paths and roads, around town and shopping centres. It is okay across grass but if you want it to go along trails or lots of grass then you would be better with a mountain buggy. It is a great pram and you won't be sorry - I have just bought another one for my second child so that both my boys can be in their own Stokke.
Good luck with it!

Get an answer from our members and Stokke representatives

Other 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers