Chathura G.

Chathura G.Sydney, NSW

Horrible service

I called them to fix a radio and the person was extremely rude and disrespectful. I will never use them

Untrustworthy

Popped in to see them about a unit I purchased a year and half ago . The unit Never worked with the hands free microphone. I finally got the unit out to take it to them for appraisal . I had two removable face units we tried both in the shop and could not get it to work. I was offered to purchase a new unit. I kindly refused as I did not want to have the same connection problems. Left the shop but unfortunately left one of the head units behind.
Rang up several days later to ask if they have it. And I was treated like a dum sucker.
They are a bunch of condescending
Individuals.
Would never buy anything from them.
Poor customer service with unnecessary arrogance.

Brad P.

Brad P.Sydney, NSW

Tricky sales techniques

Tricky sales techniques....be careful and avoid if possible. I asked them to have a quick look at my faulty radio. Took it out, blew dust from the connections, back in and it worked. it took about 20 seconds. "That will be $80"!!!!

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Strathfield Car Radios compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Dishonest business practices and avoid

Deceitful business practices and was served by an arrogant and dishonest salesman [name removed]. Had a front camera, Alpine Type Rs and Kicker Key amp installed. Was advised that they don’t stock the Kenwood cmos-320 cameras and the camera they have are better display, even though it’s listed on their website. The camera fitted display’s was terrible and my factory camera was better. After the install job they refused to give the mic which comes with the amp. Only after contacting Kicker directly and was forced to hand this over, was the mic returned. Even when picking this up they were still hesitant to give it and their installer making smart butt comment about having 50 mics if I wanted.

Store LocationStrathfield
Ruby

RubySydney, NSW

Do not recommend

Gods at selling products but not impressed with the installation and too busy to explain produce once installed didn’t seem to know product told to google will not use again

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Speakers had been used and repackaged

Ordered some speakers and they arrived repackaged, security seal had been opened before as it was barely sticking to the box and foam broken in the box.
Very disappointed.
No reply to email, no refund or return offered.

Raf

RafSydney, NSW

Very rude, untrustworthy, unprofessional young people!

made me wait 1 hour and half just so someone can start on my car when i had an appointment with them! made me late to my appointment! The installation was horrible horrible!!! They didnt even follow what i told them to do and so now i need to get someone else to fix their mess at my own cost!!! they even scratched my rear door panel and it it doesnt look to be an accident because they got offended when all i did was ask them a question but i think i hurt their " professional " feelings, unbelievable!!! dodgy job and Very disrespectful! Beware! they remind me of mcdonalds.

Kam

Kam

Dishonest! Terrible service!

absolute junk

got new car, was told by car dealer Strath car guys to install reverse camera and Bluetooth, told both items will be in mirror that clip onto my mirror, but they removed my mirror without consent, put "no frills" dark tinted chunky reverse camera mirror in that is dangerous cannot see out of it?, told me my car tint is illegal rather than admit their errors, had to get mirror removed so can drive the car, now no rev camera, put in separate "no frills" blue tooth/GPS have to pair every time get in car, try make a call but it turns on ipod, no warrantee or receipt issued, NEVER use these guys they sell rubbish then blame you

Terrible service terrible products

Have ahd the technician out twice for the same issue, its still not working! dont return calls, no communciation would highly recommend not to use them

Still waiting!!!

hijazi

hijazi

Shocking business dont use these people.

pathetic

patheticsydney

Pathetic

Dropped my car with no interior or door trims for a new stereo fit out easy job for them told 3hrs took 7hrs end result lots of errors.I then took it to a sound pro for under $200 its 100% tuned and all connected properly.My lesson all ways google the shop and read reviews before you walk in i learned the hard way.

Workmanship of installer.wrong advice from salesman

Booked a new radio for my car waited all day and no one showed

booked in yesterday for a new car radio, due out today at 1pm still hadnt shown by 4pm, stayed at home all day on my day off, called the office and was told the installer had fallen off the planet and they could come out again for another 8 days.
One very upset customer, go to jay cars thye were great.

Rubbish business - Stop ripping of honest Australians.

I purchased a Highlander DVD recorder and apart from buying a faulty product, the store was rude and unhelpful when it came to honoring their warrantee. As a result I consulted the fair-trading department as well as legal advice and as a result I got my money back. Honestly, it didn’t need to go that far strathfield. Make no mistake, strathfield car radio is a poor customer service, poor product company which I’m sure will be out of business soon enough for ripping of hard working Australians who simply want good products and service.
The only positive thing that came out of the deal was learning that the dept. of fair trading will help keep business honest in Australia.
Very bad customer service, poor products, waste of money and time.

Terrible

Staff a lazy, products poor. Don't get sucked into any 'offers' they have. Awful, just awful. Its been 14 days now waiting on a repair and my item, it is still in the shop waiting for 'authorization' to get sent back to the 'head office' to get fixed!! Do not use this Shop! If i had been in they would of forgotten it was there.

Just pray that any purchase you make does not break down

Terrible

unprofessional head office who do not stand by replacing doa products within 7 days. its no wonder why this business has changed owners 4 times in 10 years. its a strait out dud formula with no benifit to the end user or team. just give it up.
nothing good can come of these stores. you get what you pay for. .
poor customer service, rude staff at liverpool store. Overall strathfield car radio have a false impression of good products.

world_traveller

See all Strathfield Car Radios reviews

Harry K.

Harry K.asked

Strathfield Car Radios

My car is Mercedes Benz B200, 2008.
The audio system doesn't work and need to repair or replace any types of audio system. Please advise me anything good ideas before visiting your shop.
My mobile is 0433963512.

blake

I had a great experence with these guys. I had the same issue and needed a new system. They listened to me about what i was looking for and sold me just what i needed at a good price. The installation was fast and perfect.

Ron Canfield

Ron Canfieldasked

Strathfield Car Radios

I am about to exchange an existing Gps system in my Captive 7 Series 2 for an Alpine ILX-650E System.
Question 1 Do you sell this system?
2 Do you install?
3 If so can you give an approximate costing to both questions?
Thanks Ron Canfield

blake

These guys are great fair and honest they will give you the best advice price and service and their work is perfect. I can’t say enough about how happy I was with my service from them

david hambletonasked

Strathfield Car Radios

I am about to get an Audio upgrade from Strathfield in Brisbne on Monday. From what i've read on here about them, they don't rate too highly. Can anyone inform me of any problems or good features with the Brisbane business before i spend 1,600 bucks?

Noah
Noah

Can't speak for Brisbane as I'm not from there.

The guys here (SCR Sydney) are pretty good, but every car has it's issues especially new ones as car manufacturers don't consider after market installations as part of their build process.

My advice is to make sure you take pictures before and after of your car, and ensure that you have something in writing that clearly defines who will cover damages if any are caused. This way you can clearly demonstrate a problem (before and after) and have agreement at the outset on who is responsible.

Don't just get a hand shake and verbal commitment.

Also ensure that if you are having any leads from the batter run, that they use proper heat proof covering or run it behind the firewall covering in the engine bay, otherwise they wires melt and short out.

Look at Dynamat on the doors as well, not just the speaker area. Makes a big difference to acoustics, and keeps road noise out.. Even when no playing tunes.

david hambleton

Thanks Noah. Have had the job done and everything is ok. I hovered over the bloke and It took him 7 hours to do it, but he did use all the correct gauge shielded wiring, especially to the Sub. New speakers went back in where the original one's were, with a slight modification and had to drill a hole to mount each crossover because the panels wouldn't go back on. Had to pull the back seat out to run the Sub wiring through to the hatch, but a good professional job. You're right about after market. The only place he could fit the Speaker Amp was under the left front seat, which makes it awkward to get at it to set the levels but that's really no problem. Strange there should be so many bad reports, unless this bloke knew exactly what he was doing. Thanks for you're answer mate.

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops