Strathfield Car Radios
Brand Manager for Strathfield Car Radios? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.3
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (10)
Claire
ClaireSydney, NSW

Frustrated with the waiting time.

I booked my car in for the aerial to be looked at as it was not picking up AM. It was booked for 3pm but was not looked at until 5pm. I had to wait, I did some shopping of an hour and upon returning to the shop the car was not looked at. I had to wait another hour in the shop and no chair was offered during this time.
I went away feeling quite frustrated and in the end they could not fix the problem.

Untrustworthy

Popped in to see them about a unit I purchased a year and half ago . The unit Never worked with the hands free microphone. I finally got the unit out to take it to them for appraisal . I had two removable face units we tried both in the shop and could not get it to work. I was offered to purchase a new unit. I kindly refused as I did not want to have the same connection problems. Left the shop but unfortunately left one of the head units behind.
Rang up several days later to ask if they have it. And I was treated like a dum sucker.
They are a bunch of condescending
Individuals.
Would never buy anything from them.
Poor customer service with unnecessary arrogance.

Store LocationParramatta
Brad P.
Brad P.Sydney, NSW

Tricky sales techniques

Tricky sales techniques....be careful and avoid if possible. I asked them to have a quick look at my faulty radio. Took it out, blew dust from the connections, back in and it worked. it took about 20 seconds. "That will be $80"!!!!

Brissie
BrissieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great shop very happy purchasing from them.

Very easy to navigate their store, had the product in stock.
They are a great shop for my audio needs and I am most happy with my new stezza.
highly recommended and hope to deal with again.

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Strathfield Car Radios compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

perfect service great product

I was given perfect service at the store they helped me pick the right product for me. I felt they really wanted me to be happy with my purchase. I was not sure exactly what product was right for me and they made sure i bought exactly what i needed. The service was perfect

Store Locationparamatta

Dishonest business practices and avoid

Deceitful business practices and was served by an arrogant and dishonest salesman [name removed]. Had a front camera, Alpine Type Rs and Kicker Key amp installed. Was advised that they don’t stock the Kenwood cmos-320 cameras and the camera they have are better display, even though it’s listed on their website. The camera fitted display’s was terrible and my factory camera was better. After the install job they refused to give the mic which comes with the amp. Only after contacting Kicker directly and was forced to hand this over, was the mic returned. Even when picking this up they were still hesitant to give it and their installer making smart butt comment about having 50 mics if I wanted.

Yohan
YohanSydney, NSW

Good Service and quality products

Bought a Pioneer head unit. they are the only people who had the item for reasonable price. Buying a sub-woofer today. I was checking head-unit prices for more than two weeks. These guys are awesome. recommend to anyone.

Ruby
RubySydney, NSW

Do not recommend

Gods at selling products but not impressed with the installation and too busy to explain produce once installed didn’t seem to know product told to google will not use again

Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Speakers had been used and repackaged

Ordered some speakers and they arrived repackaged, security seal had been opened before as it was barely sticking to the box and foam broken in the box.
Very disappointed.
No reply to email, no refund or return offered.

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Raf
RafSydney, NSW

Very rude, untrustworthy, unprofessional young people!

made me wait 1 hour and half just so someone can start on my car when i had an appointment with them! made me late to my appointment! The installation was horrible horrible!!! They didnt even follow what i told them to do and so now i need to get someone else to fix their mess at my own cost!!! they even scratched my rear door panel and it it doesnt look to be an accident because they got offended when all i did was ask them a question but i think i hurt their " professional " feelings, unbelievable!!! dodgy job and Very disrespectful! Beware! they remind me of mcdonalds.

Store Locationliverpool

Ron Canfield
Ron Canfieldasked
Strathfield Car Radios

I am about to exchange an existing Gps system in my Captive 7 Series 2 for an Alpine ILX-650E System.
Question 1 Do you sell this system?
2 Do you install?
3 If so can you give an approximate costing to both questions?
Thanks Ron Canfield

blake

These guys are great fair and honest they will give you the best advice price and service and their work is perfect. I can’t say enough about how happy I was with my service from them

david hambletonasked
Strathfield Car Radios

I am about to get an Audio upgrade from Strathfield in Brisbne on Monday. From what i've read on here about them, they don't rate too highly. Can anyone inform me of any problems or good features with the Brisbane business before i spend 1,600 bucks?

Noah
Noah

Can't speak for Brisbane as I'm not from there.

The guys here (SCR Sydney) are pretty good, but every car has it's issues especially new ones as car manufacturers don't consider after market installations as part of their build process.

My advice is to make sure you take pictures before and after of your car, and ensure that you have something in writing that clearly defines who will cover damages if any are caused. This way you can clearly demonstrate a problem (before and after) and have agreement at the outset on who is responsible.

Don't just get a hand shake and verbal commitment.

Also ensure that if you are having any leads from the batter run, that they use proper heat proof covering or run it behind the firewall covering in the engine bay, otherwise they wires melt and short out.

Look at Dynamat on the doors as well, not just the speaker area. Makes a big difference to acoustics, and keeps road noise out.. Even when no playing tunes.

david hambleton

Thanks Noah. Have had the job done and everything is ok. I hovered over the bloke and It took him 7 hours to do it, but he did use all the correct gauge shielded wiring, especially to the Sub. New speakers went back in where the original one's were, with a slight modification and had to drill a hole to mount each crossover because the panels wouldn't go back on. Had to pull the back seat out to run the Sub wiring through to the hatch, but a good professional job. You're right about after market. The only place he could fit the Speaker Amp was under the left front seat, which makes it awkward to get at it to set the levels but that's really no problem. Strange there should be so many bad reports, unless this bloke knew exactly what he was doing. Thanks for you're answer mate.

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops