• Loan TypeFixed Rate (10) and Variable Rate (2)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term3.222 years
skdj1

skdj1Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

TERRIBLE! Sat on my paperwork for 2 months and in the end I withdrew my application- lazy and incompetent!

I applied for a car loan on 11 November 2020. On 18 November still no response from Stratton. I got fed up with their laziness and incompetence and withdrew my application on 20/01/2021.
I have a solid financial position and was going as guarantor for the company vehicle (with plenty of equity in my real estate)...the issue is ROMANIE from Stratton Finance received my paperwork and sat on it for 2 months & failed to submit it until I put the pressure on her
HOPELESS

I would not recommend this company

Trently77

Trently77Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rotten service, left my details before xmas for someone to call me, tried again after xmas, no answer

there is no customer service, someone took my details and said that a finance broker will return my call, haven't received a call. Tried again today, main phone number diverts to a mobile which isn't answered

Poor Customer Service

When inquiring for a credit application my lender was very slow with replies, vague and didn’t want much to do with the application. During the process they just stopped responding without any heads up or explanation why. Very disappointed and have now gone elsewhere with my application.

Saxon

SaxonSouth Australia

Terrible Communication.

Applied at the beginning of December, still have not received a definitive answer.
I sent Simon a text asking what was going on & the response was nothing to report, having issues with a failed credit card payment.

Customer Loyalty ManagerStratton Finance

Hi Saxton, we apologise for the delay with your loan application. Please send through your full name and mobile to complaints@stratton.com.au so we can investigate the matter.

James

Jamescanberra

TIME WASTERS

What was meant to be an easy process turned into a complete nightmare with a very no helpful salesman who kept telling me that he has been doing this for a long time did not give me the time to explain or help me go through the application as i have never done this before .... never again

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Customer Loyalty ManagerStratton Finance

Hi James, we're very disappointed to hear this. Please email your full name and mobile number to complaints@stratton.com.au so we can investigate this matter further. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Ern G.

Ern G.Sydney, NSW

Tim Wilson what a joke

Most of the review are fake in my opinion or I was really unlucky to get a guy named Tim Wilson . Made me lose a bargain car because he is too lazy to get a loan answer in 48 hours ( I don’t think he applied on time ) this things drove me crazy and I request a loan cancellation request after 56 hours with no answers . Anyway sticking with my bank from now on even if I am paying more and staying away from those dodgy companies.please guys avoid these companies at any cost they are trying to rob you harder than a bank.
Note: before I applied to Stratton got offer from CommBank for 50k 9.6% personal loan fixed rate but I thought why not saving some money and get a car loan from Stratton. Big mistake lost my most wanted car and wasted my time

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 100 UZJ100R GXL
Customer Loyalty ManagerStratton Finance

Terrible service - Took me nearly 2 weeks just to have the application submitted

Customer Loyalty ManagerStratton Finance

Hi Dave - I am sorry to hear of your recent experience. It is frustrating for us too as we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. Our NSW Sales Manager will be in contact with you today.
Regards
Sue Leydon

Matt M

Matt MThe Mallee, VIC

I went from financially stable to almost bankrupt

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan Start DateSeptember 2018
Car ModelBMW X5 E70

Disgusting, no Customer Service Skills

I made an inquiry via car sales and eventually made contact with the Broker, only replied to SMS they couldnt be bothered via email. all requested info was sent for a car loan inquiry. However almost 3 weeks later no reply/responses. He could of at least had the respect to notify of any outcome

Darrell H.
Darrell H.

thanks for your reply, I saw they did a credit check and after that nothing, if I wasn't successful, a little respect to inform the Client wouldn't hurt

Customer Loyalty ManagerStratton Finance

Hi Darrell - are you comfortable providing me with your surname and mobile number so I can look this up in our system and investigate further?

Lily

LilySydney, NSW

Very disappointed with the service

Really slow and unhelpful

Very slow and drawn out process with Jane.

Nothing was explained very well, there was no touching base/updates (something I learnt is very important in customer service) and I was told nothing could be done to help us almost 2 weeks later, although all she did was try Latitude finance (who I hate anyway).

I went elsewhere and got approved for the loan I wanted at a reasonable interest rate. I'm not entirely sure why she didn't help but I feel like she didn't have much interest in assisting me.

Rams

RamsSydney

Terrible service, high interest rate and application process exhausting

I contacted Stratton for the purpose of financing a new business vehicle. The process was terribly disappointing; few updates were provided through the process, the interest rates communicated changed as the application progressed and the Consultant I was allocated was arrogant. Fast forward 4.5 weeks - still no outcome!

I took the liberty of engaging another broker at that point and within 5 days achieved approval. I can only attribute the difference in outcome to a lack of market, regulatory and industry knowledge on the part of Stratton. Their interest rates are expensive while their application fees are significantly higher than other providers. Service wise - extremely poor.

mathew f.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

They sent emails and called and txt me twice a day asking for business then as soon as they got my personal details they ghosted me ignored all my emails txt and calls i question their agenda to aquire my personal details

mathew f.

Motu faalavaau has my application. From m.fairchild

Customer Loyalty ManagerStratton Finance

Thanks Mathew for your patience, I have asked our Sales Manager to review and ensure you are contacted today.
Regards
Sue Leydon

Keziah W.

Keziah W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service and slow process.

We dealt with Andrew. He took a very long time to come up with paperwork. Very slow process and not succinct at all. Actually emailed wrong information to car seller.

MathuinQueensland

Unimpressed so far

Has been weeks so far and have received a small handfull of emails leading me nowhere, with not much interest shown on the behalf of the consultant to even respond.

Told me that even though I have near 30k in savings, no debt and put away 500 per week that i apparently don't have the capacity to pay a 100 dollar weekly loan repayment.

Will update further if I get anywhere. So far it's been rubbish.

Emailed.

Peter09

Peter09Sydney, NSW

BEWARE! Will give you the Money but Business ethics are out the door

sam

samemerald

never a single statement

this company does not send out statements which I thought would be against the law. no way of knowing what you owe unless you ring for a payout figure. just given bank account details over the phone for extra payments which could be the Indians account on the other end of the phone for all I know. cannot make an online account to make extra or see payments as a car loan doesn't qualify to do this. Shady as. trying to get a loan from a bank to pay this out and at least know exactly what I owe. great low interest rate but not worth the hassle

Loan Start DateApril 2018

Dave41Morayfield

Worst One out There!!!

Seriouslly, the worst possible and most disorganised Company I have ever dealt with. Firstly, they screwed me on the quote. Completely under-quoted everything, leaving with me big deficit...I am now paying it off. It really isnt worth the tax break once you factor in their high admin fee, in regards to the tax break and the fee at the start of the contract. Their Customer Service is the worst. And, they state they pride them selves on it?? I had to get a re-quote four times in the contract. Very shady, and they won't provide actual invoices for petrol costs. They give you a spread sheet which CAN be manipulated. I ended refinancing. Avoid these muppets like the plague.

Loan Start DateNovember 2016
Car ModelMazda 3 BM
gjacobs

gjacobs

Appalling service - don't go near them,

We negotiated for two weeks over the purchase of a vehicle requiring only $15,000 in finance. I provided my bank statements, a letter from my major source of ongoing income and my credit rating (highest level) to substantiate my income of $100K plus pa as a contractor with $75K in cash reserves. At the very last moment when my husband had travelled to Sydney to collect the vehicle, I was informed they only loan to salaried employees. So if you are a farmer, a doctor, a dentist, a business owner or anyone else who can't produce a payslip be warned not to bother even trying. If, on the other hand, you are trying to raise $50K for a vehicle well beyond your means as an apprentice, you're probably OK.

LORRAINE L.

LORRAINE L.Sydney, NSW

Terrible

I must be just one of the unlucky ones, I went for these guys after seeing all the good reviews, however I found their services not only unprofessional but lacked communication