Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla

Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla

Colin

ColinHunter Region, NSW

Short filled 2 Litre Blue ribbon tub again

Purchased a 2 litre container of vanilla blue ribbon icecream at IGA Cessnock just over 2 weeks ago when a members special was advertised.
Opened it a week later to find it short filled about two thirds full. Returned the product to IGA and they gladly swapped it over and the staff were very pleasant.
Opened up the replacement tub last night to find this one only three quarters full. Took a photo and kept the original receipt.
Where is the quality control by streets ???
I thought streets were a benchmark food company!!

Purchased in February 2021 for $4.00.

rachkap

rachkapGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not What It Used To Be

I Bought a tub of this because it used to be my favourite ice cream. I raved about it to everyone. I hadn't bought any for some time and was horrified that it no longer had that rich, sweet, creamy, thick taste I raved about and is now bland and tasteless. Also after you open the container the whole texture of the ice cream changes into a sticky, gluey hard concoction. I'll never be buying again - definitely not what I was expecting from a big brand like this!

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

harry400

harry400Central West, NSW

2 litre container 1/2 full

When I opened the container it was bout 1/2 full of ice cream

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

Rubbish

Tasteless ice cream
Also not sure uf gelatin is animal based or vege
No response from manufacturer
Appears they trying to hide some facts

Purchased in April 2020 for $6.00.

DBrec

DBrecSydney, NSW

Streets Cookies and Cream

This ice cream is almost tasteless. I love ice cream and am not too fussy but this cream tastes nothing like Cookies and Cream or even ice cream for that matter. I don't understand why companies make inferior products like this.

Purchased in July 2019 for $4.90.

MissTrue

MissTrueSydney, NSW

Crap ice cream, New recipe fail

Purchased in May 2019 for $7.90.

Vikki

VikkiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used to love it every day

I used to eat too much of this every day of my life. I would go through a tub every 4 days UNTIL I became a vegetarian & happened to look at the ingredients. WHY WHY WHY would you put gelatine in ice cream?????
That’s the end of Blue Ribbon for me. So disappointed.
As I have not bought this ice cream for 4 years I cannot submit proof of purchase.

David Rice

David RiceWoop-Woop

Streets Blue Ribbon is not ice cream

Those of us who are allergic to mammal meat (over 1,200 of us in Sydney) read the food labels to find the hidden meat. Streets Blue Ribbon is artificially thickened with gelatine (porcine & bovine skin, bones & connecting tissue) as a lazy way of making it appear "thick & creamy". Even if you're not allergic to it, why would you want something like this in your ice cream? Ice cream should contain only milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar and flavouring or fruit. And Streets market this as a "premium product"! The only thing "premium" about it is the price!

wildbill

wildbillorange nsw

Streets Blue Ribbon Ice Cream

Not what it used to be!

After coming to this thread a year ago when I decided to buy blue ribbon once more and realised it was completely different to how I remember!! I’ve come back to let people know if they’re after the same hard, thick/heavy ice cream texture I found it in an ice cream by “dairy bell” it’s a natural organic vanilla ice cream.. around $11-$12 a litre but worth it! Although it’s not made with buttermilk like blue ribbon used to which was such a good flavour. The texture of this is amazeeeeballssss

Aussie Battler

Aussie Battlerhawks nest

Never Again

I hadn't bought Blue Ribbon for probably 3-4 years, I did by a tub the other day and I am very disappointed. I noticed the 2 litre tub felt very light when I picked it, it must be full of air. The taste is "a nothing", the texture is light (in a negative way). I will never buy this brand again

CAROL SALISBURY

CAROL SALISBURY

Guilt

This tasted ok, but really I couldn't help thinking about the Street's staff whose pay is to be cut 46%. How will they afford housing, let alone icecream? It left a bad taste in my mouth.

adam

adam

Froth

This has been frothed, to appear more in quantity. In fact, you are getting less. More to the fact, it ruins the texture of the ice cream. This is not ice cream.

Terrible - looking for someone who doesn't use buttermilk

The ice cream made with buttermilk is disgusting. It is too soft. It tastes terrible. It doesn't even look like ice cream. I am currently looking for an ice cream NOT made with buttermilk (and oversweetened to compensate) frozen yoghurt or gelato may be an option

AdeleC

AdeleCSouth East Queensland, QLD

New recipe is awful

Why would you change the recipe when it was absolute perfection. This WAS the only ice cream my entire family EVER purchased for decades. It is not the same product. So dissapointed. It's not worth eating. It has lost all its creaminess & taste.

Find out how Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla compares to other Ice Creams

Why? Why change the recipe? Why why why???

No longer the product I have been buying for nearly 20 years!! Lost a customer - tastes like icy vanilla water, like a no frills product at a premium price - you people are stupid. We're not the idiots you're looking for.

taj barat

taj baratmelbourne

what happened to creamy?

So it's not my imagination, after reading other reviews, that it isn't that yummy creamy icecream I once loved. Noticed the creamy color had gone and wondered if the lost creaminess was all in my head. Clearly not. No more for me thanks. I want ice CREAM, not ice!

marcus

marcusSydney, NSW

Awful

It is watery foam and lots of suger. This is not ice cream. It is so synthetic . You used to be my favourite.

Once upon a creamy ice cream...

Goodbye my fave dessert... I am bitterly disappointed that they changed your ingredients and killed the finest ice cream available. Fools have taken control, or aliens perhaps.

That happened to everyone's all time favorite streets blue ribbon ice cream.

The cardboard container don't seal properly. The ice cream turned icy after opening had to be thrown in bin. Waste of money so stopped buying it all together!

See all Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla reviews