Streets Cornetto

Streets Cornetto (page 4 of 7)

1.2

Oily chocolate doesn't melt

The ice cream tastes cheap and the cone and peanuts were soft. The chocolate in the bottom would not melt in my mouth and I had to spit out the hard oily mass. Not impressed. The Aldi version feats this hands down.

Weird chemical taste

So wish I had of seen this review before purchasing. Golden gaytimes are one of my favourite ice creams and cornetto has managed to completely obliterate it

Good things do not come in small packages

Obviously ingredients have been downgraded. Package still the same but when you unwrap and take the top off very easy to see its much smaller.

Jeremy

JeremySydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish

Cornettos have become smaller, lighter, and made with poor quality ingredients.

They are now made in Indonesia, with poor quality and flavourless "ice cream", and chocolate syrup instead of hard chocolate on the top.

As a result, this once magical product can no longer cure hangovers.

Disgusting. Not ice cream

I feel compelled to write this.... cornetto is not ice cream. It was the worst, tasteless, fake "ice cream" I've ever had. Never again!

unhappy customer

unhappy customerMelbourne

Sickening, smokey tasting, foreign made, stale junk!

Tasted nothing like chocolate or vanilla. The ice cream was not creamy and tasted like cheap milk ice. Waffle cone was soft and stale. Flavour tasted like smoke. For the cheap labour it costs the company to make them in the foreign country of 'Indonesia', I am surprised that the quality is so poor and the size is smaller, yet we pay the same prices. Next time I know I'll buy Australian made! Never buying this poor excuse of ice cream ever again!

Ultimately dissapointing

Soggy cone; flavourless icecream; minimal,soggy, flavourness nuts. I love gaytimes and cornettos, but this... ultimately dissapointing. I'll never buy them again and have been left with complete dissapointment in this product. This is the first time I've thought a product was just so bad I needed to remark. And not just one in the pack, each one of them was the same. We didn't finish a single one either. Such a shame. So much potential in the idea.. we have choice in Australia. A wide spread of competing brands... there's just no justification for such an obviously poorly manufactured product in this day and age. Looking forward to seeing improvements.

Bland product

No butter flavour- just a flat coconutty flavour with soggy nuts. Nothing like the daily product that was made in previous years.

John

JohnDarwin, NT

What happened??

They legally can't call this ice-cream hence the term 'ice confectionery'. It's now some weird ice and air mix that weighs almost nothing and tastes terrible. The cones are now soggy and pretty much inedible. I'm guessing this is cost cutting gone mad to the point of completely ruining a product. I wonder how much they pay the Indonesian workers to make these.

Terrible Ice Cream

I purchased the 4 pack of classics vanilla and noticed the box was much lighter. The ice creams are lighter and tasteless, very disappointing as this was my favourite for years

Outsourced to Indonesia

Thanks to great government initiatives to tax everything except themselves, cornetto's have drawn the short straw and decided to sacrifice quality for cost. Just like every other once loved Australian brand, we now know Australia is going to only import commercial goods, and export our critical resources at 0% tax. RIP Cornetto and Streets. You now taste like a chemical weapon has gone and died in my mouth.

Worst Ice Cream Yet

Was really excited to taste the golden gay time cornetto. After i tasted it the rest ended up in bin. The taste was burnt/smokey, bitter and soggy in general just horrible!! Waste of money do not buy.

Gibbo

GibboGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I thought I was poisoned

Worst ice cream I've had in 56 years! Tasted like oil and burnt toast- threw all of them in the bin! Not happy.

Weird smokey flavour

First I noticed the Choc syrup instead of the usual chocolate on cornettos, then a very smokey flavour. Like someone ashed their cigarette in it or something burnt in manufacturing. The ice cream was too soft and the cone was soggy & fell apart. I was SO looking forward to trying this. Had it have been made properly it would have been great.

Adam

AdamBayswater north

Burnt / smokey flavour.... inedible,

We bought the new gaytimecornettos. First taste and it was inedible. Very heavy smokey flavour , obviously someone burnt the batch of crumbs and took out the burnt ones and used the rest. A bit like scraping the burnt part off toast , it still always tastes burnt. That's what you get when you change production to a country that has lax food standards. We won't be buying streets again.

Lindsay

LindsayMelbourne

Horrible

I bought a box of classic cornettos and was very disappointed with the quality. Watery ice cream,soggy wafer and the taste overall was not good. I used to buy these as a rare treat but I couldn't eat them, they are a really low quality product now. Will not be buying them agai .

Disgusting

The rest of the box went into the bin! It had a metalic and bitter taste. Made in Indonesia. Yuk

How is this anything like a golden gaytime?

Terrible. I was hoping for an amalgamation of a golden gaytime and a cornetto, instead I received an overly sweet and syrupy chocolate sauce combined with a caramel tasting icecream.

Neither incorporated the best elements of a gaytime OR a cornetto.

Would not purchase again.

mac

macAU

Made in Indonesia!

I had a chocolate Cornetto today and wondered why it tasted different. The cone was soggy and the ice cream was inconsistent. So I went looking at the packaging, and low and behold, It's made in Indonesia! What the? No more streets icecream in this house.

Craig l

Craig l

Vanilla cornetto

Imtook one bite and was shocked at the taste and chocolate syrup instead of real chocolate , made in Indonesia- why would rhey import from a country that is not a milk producer.
Have just returned from a Bali holiday missing aussi ice cream and tasted this rubbish.
These are in the bin, won't ever buy again, just buy the aldi product which tastes great and made in Australia.

Mell B.

Mell B.asked

Why is it that I can no longer find the Chocolate Cornettos? They are my favorite icecream and I'm really getting pee'd off with not being able to find them in any of my local supermarkets.

Viv

Vivasked

Why do the cones get soft after being in a freezer?

Rob G

Rob Gasked

What happened to the yummy Cornetto's? The ice cream is bland watery and well just horrible. The chocolate isn't much better especially as the ice cream doesn't hide the flavour. I used to eat lots of these. Not again for this consumer. I need to warn my friends.

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

Mate it's a worldwide thing that Unilever has done to all their "former" ice cream products. Strip out the dairy ingredients and the goodness and replace it with skim milk and thickeners and chemical flavours. Just google Walls or Good Humor and the exact same complaints are made in the UK and North America.

Scorpio
Scorpio

made in Indonesia!!’

Ants
Ants

They removed the machinery that was used to make the Cornetto’s from their Minto factory. Cheaper to be made in Indonesia. Lower wages for the workers.