Subaru Forester S4 2.5i-L

Subaru Forester S4 2.5i-L (2013-2018)

4.5 from 22 reviews · View Details

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

Russell H.Southern and Hills, SA

3rd Subaru but quality has slipped badly.

Whole dash rattles since almost new. Cracking sounds around B Pillar on both sides everytime body flexes. No thigh support for front seats. Subaru Australia don't care nor does dealer.

Purchased in November 2014 at Subaru Dealers for A$38,000.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtNew
Year2014
Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Russell H, We’re sorry to hear of your experience with your Forester. If you would like to discuss this further with us, you’re welcome to contact our Customer Relations Team on 1800 22 66 43 or feedback@subaru.com.au. The Subaru Team.

No satisfactory outcome.
Looks like Subaru is off our list for next purchase.
No attempt by Subaru Australia to resolve. Clearly brand loyalty means nothing

Ted

TedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job nicely

Purchased in July 2015 at Subaru Dealers for A$34,000.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
SubaruSubaru Australia
Anon

AnonSydney, NSW

Love this car.

Great for everyday use in suburban and off road. So great for camping because high ground clearance (same as land cruiser). AWD is great.
If serviced regularly it's a Good reliable car.

Purchased in February 2019.

BoughtUsed
Year2015
Boot Size
Features

Abba

AbbaCaboolture

Perfect car for the family

I brought this car on 2015 and I love it.Its perfect car for my family and we have been in this car for few long trips and it is absolute pleasure to drive this car.The safety features are terrific.And then again,it efficiency is great and gives great mileage, its very smooth to drive around.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Karen

KarenMelbourne

Absolutely love the Forester

I bought my 2016 Subaru Forester 5 months ago after looking at several different make of cars. I had previously driven ford falcons for the last 20 yrs I love the Forester. Its fun to drive, smooth and very stable on the road in all weather conditions. It has plenty of pep and excellent vision all around. The seat is at the perfect hight for me, I just slide in and out which puts no strain on my arthritic knees as do cars that are lower or higher to get in and out of. I'm not very tech savy but have had no trouble using the interface. It did take a while to work out what all the controls do but they are all easily accessed from the drivers seat. Fuel economy is around 6.4 country/freeways and 8.4 city.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ford

FordAdelaide

Good vehicle wife loves it!

Recently upgraded to the new Forester from our older Outback. Second Subaru and love the dependability of the car, it has taken a bit of getting used to the key less entry as previous cars all had keys. The drive of the car is faultless and comfortable and teaching our daughter on her "L"s to drive in the new car has been quite easy and she is more than comfortable with its size.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Tristan

TristanBurpengary

Love it

really good handling love it I totally love it not a lot of noise in the car comfortable seats, average legroom, good Dashboard not expensive at all for a car! quite hard to connect up with bluetooth, didn't like the stereo, so it is an average car i reckon. ok

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Shantell W

Shantell W

Perfect car for everyday.

I love my forester. I purchased it just under 1year ago and I couldn't be happier. Previously I owned and Mitsubishi outlander, I wasn't never 100% happy with it but I have now found my perfect car. It has got everything I have wanted in my car and I and able to use it for my daily drive as well as taking it camping and fishing in the weekend with my major adjustment. The biggest down fall would have to be the fact that it has Pandora installed but is no longer available in Australia and no way of removing it or adding other apps to replace it. I have also be unable to sync my new phone to the Bluetooth system which is a huge inconvenience for me, as I spend a lot of time in my car daily.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Craig

CraigPerth

Subaru Forester 2017 base model

Great driving with my 2 young kids 4 bikes on the back and a canoe on the roof.
Very good reversing camera.
Good fuel economy and roomy inside.
Excellent vision to see out when driving which makes you feel very safe.
Wonderful to have a full sized spare.
Best car we have owned

Grant

Grant

Great Car to drive - just needs more technology on the inside

Bought the car new at the end of 2017 for the growing family - 1 infant and toddler. Perfect size for the 4 of us.
Driving Experience - It's a pleasure to drive, nice and smooth, quite cabin and the viewing is fantastic, which is why we bought it over the Mazda CX5. Interior is great, but it does lack the refinements of others in the same class. My only problem is with the head unit and speakers. Speakers are of poor quality and I love listening to music in the car. Also the lack of apple and android car play is disappointing on a 2017 model car that you pay over 30K for. All in all very happy with the purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Bakpakka

BakpakkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable, comfortable and efficient

We've had our MY2015 Subaru Forester Limited Edition 2.5i for 2 years now. Economy averages around 7l/100km although we did get an average of 6.4l/100km on a long trip between Melbourne and Adelaide. No problems travelling that distance on 1 tank of fuel. The heated leather seats are comfortable and great in winter. The car has always been reliable - only regular scheduled services. I would definitely purchase another Subaru.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Sotong

Sotong

Overall reliable

Enjoying the Subaru drive with its higher visibility, tight turning circles and more sturdy-built car. It has good braking response as well. It is only slightly wider than a Toyota Corolla but its length and bigger boot space means harder to park in tighter spots.

The cruise control is good for highways and speed camera areas. Not as fuel efficient during city trips - 9.6. Longer trips/ combined - around 8. It has a bigger engine and its easy to be 'heavy footed'. Full tank costs $70-80. Overall, reliable. Service costs are higher than expected.

Comes with 2 USB ports. Bluetooth with mobile doesnt re-connect automatically when leave and return to the car.

Handles off road/ untarred roads easily.

Nat

NatMelbourne

Amazing!

Absolutely love driving the Subaru Forester. Very quiet, excellent handling and amazing performance; very responsive! Heaps of legroom and love the leather seats, easy to keep clean! Expensive on fuel but extremely reliable and most importantly it feels safe to drive which was a key factor for me and my young child.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Chez

ChezNarre warren

Great car , safety features impressive

Anna

Anna

Good car forever

This is my first car and I really love it! Comfortable and safe to drive. We use this car to drive to Sydney. Absolutely wonderful drive experience. I cannot think any disadvantage point. The only thing is the half year service is a little bit expensive. And we have to do the service twice per year.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

GB

GBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent car at reasonable price

Car was bought second hand with 3000kms on the clock and 2 years of factory warranty left. After nearly 12 months and 17000kms I can honestly say that IMO these cars are good value and a great drive.
The legroom is good for a 185cm driver.
The interior is well laid out with everything within easy reach.
Servicing costs are slightly on the high side but it doesn't bother me because I'm not spending anything on repairs.
The Subaru is an example of Quality Control at its best.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hamster

HamsterSydney, NSW

Fun reliable vehicle even in the worst weather

I have had my Forester now for 12 months. Love it's vroom, the stereo, storage in the back and the cute little holder for both sets of glasses. It is great in the wet and the extendable sun visors in the setting sun. Folding down the back seats gives you a massive amount of space for flat packs from Ikea. The all wheel drive means you can get a grip! (always).

Leg room front and back is excellent. It is easier to get in and out of compared to my last low beastie. Love the blue tooth connection to my phone and the fact I can ask the car to make a phone call for me. It needs the ability to read text messages though.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Subaru Baby

This is my second Subaru Forrester. Love them. The newer model has everything including intelligence eyesight. No more falling asleep at the wheel and running of the road. Great size, comfort and excellent vision all way round. Smooth travelling and great on the pocket. Last went to over 500,000ks. Brilliant

BadgeLimited
Date PurchasedDec 2016
Fuzz

FuzzCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not flash but almost perfect

After dilly dallying over the Subaru and equivalent Mazda, Ford, Nissan and Kia, we plumped for the Forester. And it's turned out brilliantly. Not totally smooth to sit in but drives well, is off roadable, has gizmos that impress and feels safe. Best on road apart from a BMW X3 and best off road of the crossovers ever. Excellent

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Richard A

Richard ASydney Surrounds, NSW

My perfect multi use vehicle for a family of four.

Date PurchasedMay 2016