Subaru Forester S5 2.5i Premium

Subaru Forester S5 2.5i Premium (2018-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru Forester S5 2.5i Premium 2020 and Subaru Forester S5 2.5i Premium 2022.

3.7

Scary

Purchased in July 2019.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Allan

Thank you. Car being further examined today by Subaru dealer but if they cannot locate the issue i shall be in touch. at this stage i am afraid to drive it out of Sydney as there is obvious to me a random issue occurring with AVT.

Allan

Subaru email address provided above is not functioning. Not a good sign!

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

I cannot live with this any longer

I purchased a 2.5iS in May 2020, thinking it would be my happy retirement vehicle, but have had nothing but annoyance from the CVT.
There is a jerkiness which nobody can give me a decent explanation for.
I have taken it back to the dealer 3 times, but feel that Subaru is trying to do a snow job on me.
2 branches of my dealer have done "CVT Relearns" but no change.
I have had up to 9 trained Subaru staff tell me that they have never heard of it, and then after they sent data to Subaru, I was told it was "A characteristic of the vehicle"
I have spoken to at least 50 other people who have similar age Subarus and none of them have experienced this.
I am seeking legal advice on Lemon Laws to get some form of recompense.

Purchased in May 2020 at Keystar Rothwell for $42,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Mike, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your Forester. You're welcome to send us a direct message at our Facebook page with your vehicle details and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Mike

I have sent an email direct to the Subaru contact email, but no response.
Is this another example of Subaru not knowing what they are doing.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Mike, We have requested that our Customer Relations Team get in touch with you asap. We'd appreciate if you could send us a private message on our Facebook page to ensure that we have the correct details for you. The Subaru Team.

Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Subaru Forester S5 2.5i Premium compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Supergee

SupergeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A lot of fun

Purchased in June 2020.

Wheel_Nut

Wheel_NutIllawarra, NSW

Great, but one annoying problem, now resolved by my own investigation

Purchased in May 2019 for $41,000.00.

Superb machine

After having owned a WRX the Forester took a little getting used to, but it is such a refined a driver friendly car that this was an eady transition.
It handles really well for such a high car, and the cvt is crisp and responsive. The adaptive cruise control is really well sorted and helps make commuting far more palatable. It is a perfect size for the teens in the family and is a very manoevorable car in shopping centres. It is engaging enough in the twisties and manages light off-roading consumately.

Purchased in November 2019.

sylvia

sylviaSydney, NSW

Love this car

I use this car everyday for work and family and outings.
This car is brand new so it will be serviced yearly.
No issues at this point.
Fantastic car i would recommend it for all ages so comfortable and spacious .

Purchased in March 2019 at subaru sutherland for $43,000.00.

Tristan Evans

Tristan Evans

Love this car, I almost live in it.

I have owned this car since March and it has not skipped a beat on the road or off the road. Great safety features that suit me for long driving trips and goes really well off the beaten track.

Purchased in March 2019 at Cricks Highway for $43,000.00.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Navigation System Outdated And Not Current

Purchased in February 2019 at LIVERPOOL SUBARU.

TransmissionAutomatic
Midsize / Medium SUVs

KSC

KSCasked

Forester S5 2.5i Premium (2018-2021)

Can you set the vehicle to auto lock at a certain speed or when the vehicle is put into drive? Having to remember to lock the vehicle after all these years of your previous vehicle doing this is taking a lot of getting used to. I don't like the idea of driving around with someone being able to jump into my boot or doors whilst stopped at traffic lights etc if I happen to forget to lock the doors..

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ KSC, The Outback is currently our only model with automatic door locking. The Subaru Team.

Grime
Grime

Any truth in the rumour that Subaru Australia is enabling auto door locking again in new Forester for 2020?

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Grime, Thanks for getting in touch. There is no confirmed news at this stage that automatic door locking will be available in the next Forester but please keep an eye on our website for all new vehicle announcements. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2NrKg8N

Bob Basked

Forester S5 2.5i Premium (2018-2021)

Just upgraded from a Subaru liberty 2015 (entry model) to a 2020 Forester premium. Very happy with the vehicle in general, however the radio quality and coverage is not great. I find that I need to source new stations frequently when driving, 40-60 Km is about the range. The liberty had a good range and sound. The vehicle supplier could not assist me with this issue. Learning all the new features and instructions was a daunting task and the manuals were difficult to follow. The best source of learning was from American and Canada u tube sites. Pity the car did not come with simple video instruction, it would have saved a lot of time and stress. Love the ride and cabin comfort and low road noise.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @Bob B, Congratulations on your new Subaru! We're so glad to hear that you're happy with your Forester. All our retailers provide a free one month check and chat service for new vehicles where they can go through any concerns you have. We do appreciate your feedback about instructional videos which we will be sure to look into. Feel free to contact our Customer Relations Team if you have any other questions at feedback@subaru.com.au. The Subaru Team.

Bob B

Sorry, I did contact the retailer about this issue and they could not provide me with an answer, this is why I contacted Subaru Australia.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @Bob B, We're sorry to hear that your Subaru retailer was unable to assist. Just to clarify, have you contacted our Customer Relations Team already? The Subaru Team.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru Forester S5 2.5i Premium (2018-2021)

Compare all 18 Subaru Forester
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $44,808
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrol