Subaru Forester

Subaru Forester (page 2 of 21)

S3, 79V, 1997 Release, etc...

• Braking
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

I cannot live with this any longer

I purchased a 2.5iS in May 2020, thinking it would be my happy retirement vehicle, but have had nothing but annoyance from the CVT.
There is a jerkiness which nobody can give me a decent explanation for.
I have taken it back to the dealer 3 times, but feel that Subaru is trying to do a snow job on me.
2 branches of my dealer have done "CVT Relearns" but no change.
I have had up to 9 trained Subaru staff tell me that they have never heard of it, and then after they sent data to Subaru, I was told it was "A characteristic of the vehicle"
I have spoken to at least 50 other people who have similar age Subarus and none of them have experienced this.
I am seeking legal advice on Lemon Laws to get some form of recompense.

Purchased in May 2020 at Keystar Rothwell for $42,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Mike, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your Forester. You're welcome to send us a direct message at our Facebook page with your vehicle details and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Mike

I have sent an email direct to the Subaru contact email, but no response.
Is this another example of Subaru not knowing what they are doing.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Mike, We have requested that our Customer Relations Team get in touch with you asap. We'd appreciate if you could send us a private message on our Facebook page to ensure that we have the correct details for you. The Subaru Team.

Supergee

SupergeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A lot of fun

Purchased in June 2020.

David H

David HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does everything so well

We bought this Forester in early 2016 and have had no issues with it. We usually replace our cars every five years however we see no reason to update soon as it drives perfectly and is economical with all the power we need.

Purchased in January 2016 for $33,000.00.

Smurfette

SmurfetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car, 4th year and still like new

Very happy with the car. Its been very much loved for the past 3.5 years. Maps are a bit if a lost cause. And there's no simple way to upgrade via SD card. Honest feedback, please give the system the ability to connect to mobile WiFi and read from Google Maps. Life can we so simple - you just need to listen:)
Service is on an expensive side and I refuse to keep servicing at Subaru. Some Customer service staff also need a makeover. But some are absolutely lovely.
Otherwise Mechanically and Comfort wise the car is an A+
We are happy with the car overall and that's why we rate it 5.

Purchased in December 2016 for $40,000.00.

BrendoonPerth, WA

The extras make it

After driving for a month in both city and higher speed have found the Forrester very comfortable. All the extras on the S model make it easy when you get going, auto seat & mirror reset are great. Warning alarms though some may think annoying are just a reminder we are human and make mistakes or misjudgments.

Fuel consumption is good and though driving in the fuel efficient mode has still fast pick up when required. Engine shutdown when stopped saves an amazing amount of fuel. Startup is less than a second so no delays

Room through out is good as have been passenger in front & back ,only thing missing is phone charger but has many USB outlets

Previous car was current model XTrail and Subaru wins hands down.

Purchased in June 2020.

Brendoon

Subaru team, 7 months on and still love the Forrester, a few little quirks but that’s why every car is upgraded to improve on what is a good car.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
wes_l

wes_lSydney, NSW

Great family car

So far so good, though we've only had this car about 6 months, it's a fantastic vehicle to drive. No problems with driving in a bit of mud or snow either.

Purchased in March 2020.

Wheel_Nut

Wheel_NutIllawarra, NSW

Great, but one annoying problem, now resolved by my own investigation

Purchased in May 2019 for $41,000.00.

Trisha Fulton

Trisha FultonWestern Australia

This car saved our lives, twice! Eyesight technology should be in all cars

We bought a new Subaru Forester Special Edition with all the extra features. My first Subaru I've owned.
I liked it very much. Drove beautifully, but what stood out for me were the safety features.
We had two situations where we were nearly in a serious accident, however the eyesight technology saved our life. First was a kangaroo and wildlife at sunset jumping in front of us at 90km hour on a remote road in WA the second was when a reckless driver nearly pushed us off the road and the eyesight warned us and stopped the collision. I love my car.

Purchased in December 2017 at Subaru Dealers for $38,000.00.

MikeVictoria

Subaru Forester 2020

Best car ever had. Bought the Forester iL in Jan 2019 which has performed very well. Over the last year 7.7L per 100kms but not in a city. Very stable on both sealed and unsealed roads. The Eyesight technology and active cruise work perfectly. As a result this May my wife chose the Forester iS for work and it has additional sound system, leather, sunroof and upgraded off road called X mode. It has the same kit as Audi's or Merc at half the price.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Mike, Thank you so much for your amazing review! We’re so happy to hear that both you and your wife are enjoying your Foresters. If we could ask a quick favour, we would love to see your review on Google reviews as well. The Subaru Team.

Can’t live without it

Purchased in June 2014.

TransmissionAutomatic
Sheryl K
Sheryl K

Also the RHR wheel bearing needs replacing :(

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Sheryl K, Our service retailers are also available for vehicle repairs. Please do not hesitate to contact our service teams or Customer Relations. Thank you. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

RayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dashboard rattle, dealer can’t fix

Dashboard is rattling crazily since new and already been to dealer 3 times. They can’t fix it.
When the weather is cold, it make one noise. When it is hot, it make another rattling noise!
Small rock got inside the driver side door panel every time I travel on gravel road!
The dealer removed the rocks but never fix it so rocks still get inside every time!
Passenger seat squeak!
Driver side mirror rattle!

The car drive smooth but all the crackling and rattling noise is driving me crazy!
Build quality on this car is equivalent to something you order from Wish website.
Happy to trade in my 8 months old car now at a lost!
Ohhh it will constantly beeping at you for no reason!

Purchased in September 2019 for $47,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Ray, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your Subaru. Our Customer Relations Team is available on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au if you would like to discuss further. The Subaru Team.

Russell H.Southern and Hills, SA

3rd Subaru but quality has slipped badly.

Whole dash rattles since almost new. Cracking sounds around B Pillar on both sides everytime body flexes. No thigh support for front seats. Subaru Australia don't care nor does dealer.

Purchased in November 2014 at Subaru Dealers for $38,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Russell H, We’re sorry to hear of your experience with your Forester. If you would like to discuss this further with us, you’re welcome to contact our Customer Relations Team on 1800 22 66 43 or feedback@subaru.com.au. The Subaru Team.

No satisfactory outcome.
Looks like Subaru is off our list for next purchase.
No attempt by Subaru Australia to resolve. Clearly brand loyalty means nothing

Ted

TedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job nicely

Purchased in July 2015 at Subaru Dealers for $34,000.00.

Gajic

GajicPerth, WA

2.0D Premium by name and nature

Purchased in May 2011 for $43,000.00.

Jeanette

JeanetteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very comfortable fabulous safety features,

Easy to get in and out of, very comfortable, great colour range, best of all the excellent safety features. Easy to read large infotainment screen. plenty of leg room in the back. Excellent visibility. Love it

Purchased in March 2019 at Subaru Docklands for $45,000.00.

Terrance C.

Terrance C.asked

Forester 1997 Release (1997-2002)

I have a 3000 model Forrester
When driving the rear of car moves from side to side and has a scaping noise

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi Terrance, thank you for reaching out. We encourage you to visit your local Subaru service team for a diagnostic service to determine the issue with your vehicle. I have attached the below link to locate your nearest Subaru Service team https://bit.ly/3etXoIK .If there is anything further that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to get into touch 1800 22 66 43 (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm AEST).
The Subaru Team

Bob Simmons

Bob Simmonsasked

Forester S4 (2013-2018)

I have a Subaru Forester only done 107596 kms and is repeatedly failing to start for now reason.
Ignition lights all Ok but just dies on key operation.
No response from starter motor at all.
Can happen anywhere stuck at home some 45 Kms from home and have had it towed to workshop twice after being stuck in city.
Can anyone offer a solution

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi Bob, We are so sorry to hear this and would like to hear more. Could you please contact us at feedback@subaru.com.au or you may call our Customer Relations Team on 1800 22 66 43 (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm AEST). We look forward in hearing from you.
The Subaru Team

Arthur B.

Arthur B.asked

Forester

Diesel engine comparison.

Allan
Allan

Arthur, my Foester is petrol so I cannot make any comparison with diesel.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru Forester

Compare all 18 Subaru Forester
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $39,399$41,718$47,958$44,808
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque239Nm @ 4400rpm239Nm @ 4400rpm239Nm @ 4400rpm239Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions