8Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i
Part of Subaru Liberty 4.2

Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i (2014-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i 2023 and Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i 2025.
8Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i

Features

tom benton
tom bentonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Perfect job perfect workman

A complete package the job was fantastic and the guy who turned up was the best communicator I talk to in a long time ,nothing was a problem,and he never stopped and end result was the best ,definitely pass the recommendation on to others.thank you again Hung Show details
Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
BobVictoria11 posts

Head unit failed

Car was bought new in 2015 and no problems until recently when my starlink unit failed. Subaru Australia offered no help saying it was not a known problem but suggest the dealer performs a reboot at a cost of $160. No guarantee it will work and no other offer. Show details ·  5
zhu c.
zhu c.South East Queensland, QLD
Nickname
NicknameVictoria46 posts

Closest thing to Flying

I drive this beauty to do my job, she’s a smooth, fast, powerful, comfortable,
mod cons filled, roomy car . Runs efficiently, is reliable and is an utter pleasure to drive. Show details ·  1
Patrick L.
Patrick L.Perth, WA3 posts
  6GEN 2.5i

Can’t fault it, great car. Great safety features. Does not lack power. Smooth drive and good visibility

Driving every day to and from work, using highway and freeways normally. Not bad economy. Servicing, average once a year or 12500kms. No issues as yet. For the price there’s good features. Show details ·  1
ests
estsAU11 posts

Satisfied

After 4 years and 64,000 klms, I am still happy with my Liberty. The fuel economy is even getting better with the more klms I do. Open hwy regularly getting 6.3- 6.8 ltrs per 100 klms. My "only dislike" is the cheap clunk when closing the boot. So if that is the worst thing, yes, I am happy. Currently looking for replacing my Dunlop Max 050 tyres. Any recommendations? Show details ·  1
tgweshi
tgweshi6 posts

CVT Issues

My 2015 Liberty's CVT gearbox has shuddering, slipping and is jerky as reported by other owners. The torque converter fails to lock up most of the time leaving me with no power. Likely a problem with the torque converter itself or solenoids (many similar problems in American Legacys). Local Subaru service department gave me the runaround for years. Traded the car for something more reliable. Very disappointed. Show details
Braking
Handling
Sonny
Sonny3 posts

Pleasure to drive

We didn't know what car we wanted to replace our Ford Escape? Subaru had a pretty good deal on a car I hadn't considered. The test drive and sales man was rather good and we decided on the suburu liberty. This was exciting but we never imagined how awesome it would be until it was ours and we got to drive it permanently. It's smooth, quiet and powerful enough to be zip yet a rather decent sized car. We are a family of 5! Very spacious for what appears to be a small car. AWD once you've had if I don't think you'd ever want to go back, very happy customer !

Show details

Gopher
Gopher2 posts

Bob
Bob · 6GEN 2.5i (2014-2024)

Has anyone had a problem with the head unit I.e. the radio, navigation etc system

Bob

The issue has been inspected and a hard boot was tried, it did not work and I was advised to rep,ace the unit at a cost of approx $2000

Subaru Australia   DM

Hi Bob, We are sorry to hear this. Please reach out to our Subaru Customer Relations Team at feedback@subaru.com.au to further look into your matter. Kind Regards The Subaru Team

Compare all Subaru Liberty listings
CategorySedansSedansSedansSedans
Starting Price $30,240$36,640$43,140$36,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Automatic and Manual
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L6 Cylinder 3.6L4 Cylinder 2.5L
Max Power129kW @ 5800rpm129kW @ 5800rpm191kW @ 6000rpm127kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque235Nm @ 4000rpm235Nm @ 4000rpm350Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date