Subaru Liberty

Subaru Liberty (page 2 of 4)

4GEN, 5GEN, 3GEN, etc...
See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

• Features

Charbel
CharbelSydney, NSW

Love the subaru liberty

2008 subaru liberty has plenty of power leather seats sunroof luxury edition popular car very smooth on roads steering wheel is smooth as well I clean my cars one a week always protected with wax the liberty's will not let you down

Purchased in January 2019 for $4,000.00.

Narelle
NarelleMelbourne

Great car. Really quite impressed.

Purchased in February 2018 at Subaru Dealers.

Daniel
DanielSydney, NSW

Solid, reliable car

This has been a great vehicle overall. It's comfortable and reliable and very easy to drive. The features are plentiful and I've never had a problem with it. 6 month servicing is annoying and the fuel economy isn't great around town. I'd definatley recommend a Subaru however. The AWD system is excellent and the car feels like it's glued to the road

Purchased in August 2015 for $35,500.00.

Waynos Beaunos
Waynos BeaunosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really amazing car

I was given this car after having to leave my Mercedes with my ex.

Best thing ever, sticks to the road, entertaining to drive (love Awd now), and surprisingly quick (mid range) also good on fuel.

I should be replacing her, but why, she never misses a beat

Oh the tiny battery has been an issue (once) but hey small issue in a great car

BadgeOutback
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Reliable car

Date PurchasedMay 2010
Bob D.
Bob D.SYDNEY

An absolute delight to drive!

BadgeHeritage
Engine Size2.2 litre
Date PurchasedAug 2018
smart cookie
smart cookieSydney, NSW

Excellent Car - Poor Dealershp Service department

BadgeGT Premium
Date PurchasedJuly 2010

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Steven. R
Steven. R

A real great car for its time!

I love Subaru’s & when I was looking for one I was looking for the WRX at the time. While searching I found these awesome rides. Kind of like the luxury version of one I chose it due to having all leather interior (STi stitched), momo steering wheel, sunroof, climate control plus it was the STi model & looked sexy as. So I chose this 6 speed weapon & I am overall very happy with it. It had great legroom for me, a nice sounding turbo, great suspension package & awesome rims. The sound system is amazing for a stock one too! The only thing is I wished it had a slightly more throaty exhaust but apart from that (which can be modified) is overall a really good car :D

BadgeGT Tuned By STI

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Sophie W
Sophie WAU

Perfect

Good car and easy to drive, really cheap on fuel. Subarus are good cars because they are all wheel drive. I feel safe when I'm driving in the car and it's a reliable car to get you where you need to go, not much to fault on this car very happy

BadgeSport Edition
Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Jake
JakeMelbourne

Beautiful and fun car to drive - excellent power

I have had this car for 6 months and it has been nothing but a pleasure to drive. I have not had a single issue with the car, except that i drive more enthusiastically which uses more petrol! the spec-b suspension is unbelievable. Interior looks modern and up to date even though it is 10 years old design. The mcintosh sound system is OK, i installed a parrot bluetooth to add bluetooth experience.

BadgeGT Spec.B
Date PurchasedJune 2017

iBennyz
iBennyzMelbourne

Perfect first car, very reliable

This is my first car and I love it. As the vehicle is AWD, it creates a smooth and controlled driving experience, in addition to that, the cruise control function makes driving so much easier. The interior and cosmetics of the car has a modern feel despite being a MY05 model. Unfortunately there is no bluetooth or AUX audio function, however with two cigarette lighter ports, it allows me to use a FM tuner to play music through my mobile device. It's current running cost is $55-$65 a full tank which usually lasts 1.5 weeks with day to day commutes. I've owned this car for over a month now and have had no problems.

BadgeSafety Pack
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sonny
Sonny

Pleasure to drive

We didn't know what car we wanted to replace our Ford Escape? Subaru had a pretty good deal on a car I hadn't considered. The test drive and sales man was rather good and we decided on the suburu liberty. This was exciting but we never imagined how awesome it would be until it was ours and we got to drive it permanently. It's smooth, quiet and powerful enough to be zip yet a rather decent sized car. We are a family of 5! Very spacious for what appears to be a small car. AWD once you've had if I don't think you'd ever want to go back, very happy customer !

Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedJune 2017
commie
commieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The complete wagon.

Brilliant wagon. Not luxury but everything you need, comfortable, accessible, well designed, roomy, easy to service etc. The Liberty is a simple to maintain point and shoot wagon that does what a vehicle that it is should do. I use it for everything from everday travel to going camping and skiing and it's never failed me.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
Ken
KenNewcastle

2.5 ltr motors head gasket failure. USA forced a recall, but not here in Aus.http://forums.whirlpool

2007, 77k (as of 2017), full service. City only drive. Just told that the head is beginning to leak, 2500-3500 (some paid 6000) repair plus control arm rubber failing (price??)
This one owner car was to last my healthy aged mother till she can drive.
DONT buy any 2.5 subaru non turbo.
Ring Subaru Aus and tell them your thoughts 1800 22 66 43 (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm AEST).

BadgeLuxury Edition
Date PurchasedJune 2007
Blair B
Blair BSydney, NSW

What an admazing car.

Enough power to push you back in your seat and to make passing a snip. I really hate CVT thought Subaru would have been better going for dual clutch but heard the new tune is good, took for a test drive and was impressed and brought it. On b roads and highways I'm getting mid 8's l/100kms very nice for 3.6, flat 6 one of the few truly balaned engines so super smooth 1700rpm at 105 km. All this nice stuff aside (apart from the loud tyres) eyesight is f$@ken awsome for motorway driving, could save your skin one day also makes driving more relaxed.
Pitty the high beams are not LED, also no DRL well no fancy LED ones anyways, small sunroof from 1990's. Very happy with the car.

Badge3.6R Premium
Engine Size3.6
Date PurchasedAug 2017
Irene
IreneSydney

Impressive reliable and functional

2014 model, safe all wheel drive great in the wet weather, timeless look, powerful yet doesn't guzzle fuel 95/98 petrol, comfortable seats yet sporty looking and dont feel every bump on the road. easy seats 5 people, all the extra safety features makes it a car that will stay in our family for years having just passed it down to my son.

BadgeGT Premium
Date PurchasedMar 2014
markir
markirRaumati

Great car, surprisingly fast

Bought a 3.0R Spec B late last year. Overall pretty good car - I've owned a few Subaru turbos over the years and wanted something different (no turbo lag in particular), The 3 Litre motor is just awesome. I was shopping for an auto wagon - but when I drove the 6 speed manual I loved it. So a quick assessment:
Pluses:
- really nice 6 cylinder motor, great response, surprisingly fast
- awesome Bilstein suspension
- great 4wd
Minuses:
- a bit skittery on rough road
- sulky key remotes - won't work if it is raining!
- chassis rigidity poor - needs front strut brace

That last point is hugely significant - with the brace installed is is a different car, a pleasure to drive and confidently push into corners!

BadgeGT Spec.B

Badge2.5i Premium
Date PurchasedSept 2016
Ashley
Ashley

Perfect car, couldn't be happier!

Excellent driving experience, powerful yet quiet and fuel efficient which is ideal. Interior and exterior is comfortable, tidy and modern. Only thing I would change is having a rear window wiper for cold mornings, other than that I couldn't ask for much more. So far it has treated me very well, reliable is an understatement.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
1984chugs
1984chugsNSW, 2000

I've already lost my licence since owning this car

BadgeGX
TransmissionCVT
Date PurchasedMay 2016
Nikki
NikkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Prefered my 2002 Subaru Manual Liberty

We love this car, it has a nice drive.. some issues I've found include clock is very small and the car is quite big which makes manouvering into small spaces difficult. Disappointed that parking sensor was an addition and only works for the rear. I wish it was still made in manual.

Badge2.5i Premium
Date PurchasedMay 2016
Louisa
Louisamelbourne

Lucy, my 2006 Tuned By STi Liberty GT

Dream car, made with care.

When Driving my 06 TBSTI, I know I'm wrapped in safety. She's spacious, comfortable, makes decent power, good on fuel and when maintained, will last for ages.
With the right child seat configuration, you can also fit 3 across. I also know, without kids seats, you can lay the rear seats down, and fit a 2seater couch in.
My Lucy has been tuned to make it more fuel efficient with an increase of power. Being 11 years old, she is getting on. But, I won't be selling her any time soon. She is my dream.

Badge10/10 tbsti
Engine Size2.0T
Date PurchasedMar 2013
Daniel
DanielSydney, NSW

Excellent Car. Happy to be back in a Japanese vehicle!

BadgePremium