Subaru Liberty

Subaru Liberty (page 3 of 5)

4GEN, 5GEN, 3GEN, etc...

• Comfort

Louisa

Louisamelbourne

Lucy, my 2006 Tuned By STi Liberty GT

Dream car, made with care.

When Driving my 06 TBSTI, I know I'm wrapped in safety. She's spacious, comfortable, makes decent power, good on fuel and when maintained, will last for ages.
With the right child seat configuration, you can also fit 3 across. I also know, without kids seats, you can lay the rear seats down, and fit a 2seater couch in.
My Lucy has been tuned to make it more fuel efficient with an increase of power. Being 11 years old, she is getting on. But, I won't be selling her any time soon. She is my dream.

Badge10/10 tbsti
Engine Size2.0T
Date PurchasedMar 2013
Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Excellent Car. Happy to be back in a Japanese vehicle!

BadgePremium

BadgeHeritage Luxury Edition
Date PurchasedMar 2001

Fazz

Fazz

Nice smooth old car but the maintenance is crap!

BadgeGX
Engine Size2.2L
Date PurchasedMar 2014
tinkertoy

tinkertoyNSW, 2000

Good car.. Great road grip

Good value for money. You get almost everything that a European car offers but at an affordable price and with reliable Japanese engineering. The all wheel drive by Subaru is great and the new look is very good. It is bit more efficient than the Toyota aurion I had before this car.

The only thing I am not very impressed by is the CVT engine. It is ok but not great though it's very smooth.

I will however definitely recommend this car. I am also a Subaru fan now :)

Badge3.6R Premium
Date PurchasedSep 2015
Engine Size3.6
Mitch

MitchCasino

Lacking in power but overall a good driving experience

BadgeGX

Good Value for Money

Badge2.5i

Garrymount gambier

A great car

Very comfortable, power to burn and surprisingly very good fuel economy(6.5ltr 100km) on the open road and averaging 8.4ltr 100km overall. Eyesight safety system is fantastic and has already saved us from an accident. Good boot size and rear legroom but rear head height is a bit tight. Rear suspension was a little spongy but this problem was fixed by Subaru pronto and at no cost. All wheel drive gives great confidence and predictability on twisty roads. It produces a bit of road noise at higher speeds but is not unbearable and is probably related to the tyre type.

Badge2.5i Premium
mauricek

mauricekAU

Great car.

BadgeRX
TransmissionManual

Daniel

DanielAustralia

Liberty GT is an Outstanding SLEEPER!

TransmissionManual
Karen Baker

Karen BakerCentral Coast NSW

2010 Subaru Liberty, we bought a Lemon....

I was an avid lover of the Subaru until recently. My 5yr old 2010 Subaru Liberty, it was recently serviced at a Subaru Service Center only 9 days later it blows a head gasket and now the torque converters need replacing due to the continued stalling problem that has developed so much so that it is unsafe to drive. This car has caused us nothing but problems and the Customer service we received from Subaru Australia is appalling. I question their Customer Promise and slogan 'All for the driver" I have now been without my car for over a month. I am told the NEW Subaru Liberty's have an improved torque converter as a result of the number of problems in earlier models. This does not help me.
Very disappointing.

BadgeHeritage
q812475

q812475Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Subaru Liberty GT Premium

Luxury and good on fuel

Very cumfy and smooth drive.large interior and trank.very good on fuel efficiency.but the annoying thing about its rattle noise and can't fold rear seat which is really upsetting...other then great car..

Charlie M

Charlie MAdelaide

2005 Subaru Liberty - 9 years of ownership review

mikemini1977Sydney, NSW

Great quality built, stylish wagon. MY06 2.5l. Automatic

Nicho58

You would't be a mechanic by any chance would you Mike? I mean, you only told us 3 times in one paragraph.

Nicho58

Correction: make that 4 times in one review you tell us you are a mechanic.

mikemini1977

you must have nothing better to do with your time if you actually counted and feel like commenting on how many times I mentioned mechanic. I hope the factual review helped you Nicho58.

able 01

able 01Sydney, NSW

Excellent Performer

2011 GT Wagon since new. Handling and performance is perfect, especially around corners. I can't fault the car. The interior has all the creature comforts you could wish for. My only complaint is the turbo lag or lack of throttle response around 1200rpm. It's a bit annoying when you're in traffic. I added a body kit and sports grill, tow bar and tinted windows. The new appearance is a head turner.

Cameron

CameronGosford

2010 Subaru Liberty Sport - Excellent

airlock

airlockSouth East Queensland, QLD

great wagon

2.0 petrol 2005. great car with tons of space and awd for safety. great handling with plenty of feel and grip. nice interior, cruise control is great as is dual zone air-con and a large amount of storage space in the compartments. the engine is a little weak and the car requires more frequent servicing then other alternatives, fuel economy is ok but the engine needs to be worked a little harder then some so this can impact your mpg if you like to get a hurry on. all in all a great tourer and more then capable of having some fun along the way.
space, interior, dual zone climate, awd, handling.
weak engine, high service costs.

Bitpart

BitpartCanberra

Not one problem

2.5i sedan purchased new in 2007 and covered 65,000 km. The car drives better now than when new, smooth, quiet and handles beautifully, and I have only had regular services plus replaced tyres once, with no problems at all. Also still looks new inside and classier than many new cars that have lots of plastic trim. Downsides - petrol economy around town is not too flash compared to newer cars, although not bad on the open road. Main problem is that rear seats can't be folded down so even though the boot is large there are restrictions with longer loads.
Smooth, still feels classy, excellent handling, tours well. 4wd for those wet weather days.
Rear seats don't fold. A little thirsty.

Badge2.5i
Nurse Sarah

Nurse SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love the Liberty

Engine Size3.0

DJA

DJAasked

Liberty

Hi My Subaru 2010 liberty exiga my11 odo 230K kms has recently had an issue as when I accelerate it, randomly feel jerky, slipped one or two beats then driving back to normal. Searching on Google NRMA shows me there are 9 reasons causing similar issue like that. So far i replaced 4x spark plugs but the issue unsorted. Please kindly advise me what to do next step. Many thanks. James

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ DJA, We recommend getting in touch with your nearest or preferred Subaru service centre. The service team will be able to assist you further through an inspection and diagnosis of your Liberty Exiga. Please use this link to get in touch with one of our service centres today. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Hards

Hardsasked

Liberty 4GEN (2003-2009)

Hi. Looking to purchase a 2004 Subaru Liberty GT 4GEN Premium Pack. It has 150,000k on the clock, regularly serviced and appears well looked after. Any common issues with this model I should be wary of ? Thanks!

Shameem
Shameem

My one was the base model(4cyl). I didn’t face a single issue in last twelve years. Just normal wear and tear.

jordan s

jordan sasked

Liberty

If i were to buy parts from a 2001 suburu liberty 2.5rx for a 2002 model would they fit? Ill need everything for the front right/tire. Steering rod wishbone. Tire pushed back into the wheel well in full lock.

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ jordan s, Simply use this link to locate your nearest or preferred Subaru parts and accessories retailer and our friendly parts team will be able to help you further. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives