Subaru Liberty

Subaru Liberty (page 4 of 5)

4GEN, 5GEN, 3GEN, etc...

• Comfort

Brianjames

BrianjamesMelbourne

Performance & safety

I have a 2010 GT Premium Liberty , owned from new and have now done 107,000 kilometers .
Regularly serviced, the only issue a front left shocker replaced under warranty, probably due to rural roads after the floods!
The original set of Potenza tyres did 97000 kilometers so even at $500 a tyre I stuck with the Potenzas
Fuel consumption on hwy runs about 8.9 l/ 100kls, put the foot down and it flies in sport# good for 200 kph, if it was legal to do that of course!
Looks, not the prettiest and very Toyotaiss, but with STI grill looks better
Power, handling safety grip in wet build quality
Looks could obe better, see what they did with the BRZ!

BadgeGT Premium
Richard A

Richard ABrisbane

Quality and practical for good price

I research products to death before purchasing, I was looking at Audi A4, VW Golf, Mazda 6 and the Subaru Liberty wagon Heritage.
The Subaru became my choice as it was practical (space for camping gear) and my family.
It is rock solid on the road with excellent grip, the all wheel drive Audi was $90k!
The quality is second to none for a reasonable price, plus Subaru hold good resale value.
After 4 years owning the car, I only have one criticism that the drivers seat is bit firm, the car is perfect
Fuel economy City driving I get 9.2L/100 and the best run was 6L/100 being very gentle on the throttle.
Handling, space, quality, reliability and price
A firm drivers seat

wisernow
wisernow

the engine is a gamble if it is a 2.5 litre. They can blow head gaskets without warning around 180000 k.

mikemini1977
mikemini1977

2.0 2003 Subaru Liberty

My 2003 Liberty is the best and most reliable car on the road with only 180k on the clock and only a clutch change. It has performed better than I expected, at only 101kw it can still take a Falcon or Commodore on the road.
I am very surprised with the performance for such a small engine and fuel econemy.
I recommend Subaru as a family car or for fun.

Don't forget some of the parts can be $$$, but at the end of the day its quality that lasts for a long time.
Reliable, efficient,
Parts can be expensive, but pretty well priced.

Ken W.
Ken W.

stephendean

stephendean

A very comfortable car to drive. Very safe and reliable. A pleasure for the driver and passengers. Roomy with some very comfortable seats. Air conditioning is very good. You will finfd that this car is very economical especially on the open road. You will get up to 780km per tank. Tank being 60 litres in size.
Everything is easy to reach from the driving position.
It handles very well on the road and the brakes will stop it safely and quickly. This car is value for money and you will find that it is not that expensive to have this car serviced, and it will give you many years of reliable motoring.
Comfortable, economical

bazzam

bazzamAU

Kiora_cheese

Kiora_cheese

StevenJ29

StevenJ29CANBERRA

Wont buy subaru again

Bought a 2011 year subaru liberty wagon, start hearing cracking noise from front and rear, squeaky noise from windows, dealer fixed windows issues after I reported, but never be able to fix cracking noise completely, I can still hear it from rear of the car. Guess what, the front cracking noise is because the weldered joint was broken. what a joke. hope the car won't fall apart when I drive, 1 years passed, contact Subaru Australia, no answer yet. its not your baby, do you care?
Comfortable to drive
Defect parts or weldered joints used inside the car, cracking noise not completely fixed after a year

asianboycn
asianboycn
kjp444

kjp444Sydney

dailymocha

dailymocha

Good

A very nice pice of work, known as the Japanese BMW which says a lot. The new stronger 2.5l engine has a nice exhaust note. Pity Subaru hasnt mated the engine with a 5 speed auto, it needs it. Passenger seat does not lift, my wife is short and she cont see over the bulkhead
Great driving car, well built very safe and just the right size now that the kids have gone. Love the 6-disc MP3 player
Not much: the ignition key digs holes in my pocket, why does Subaru copy VW and make the key retractible? Why o why a 4-speed autonmatic box?

Bellamber

BellamberSydney, NSW

What a car! I would upgrade but theres no reason to, even with 170,000kms this car looks, smells and almost runs like new. New or used, I highly recommend this car!
2005 2.5i sedan- I have done 170,000kms and it still runs like a dream, have not had to replace anything mechanicaly and fuel consuption is great on the highway, about 8ltrs per 100kms! Smooth handling, hugs the road like nothing else, a very fun but super safe car.
Is expensive to service and repair. Top dash lights have gone completely and the fly wheel in the clutch needs replacing (this was a fault in this model) fabric seats mark easily but clean well. Not much leg room in the back.

patrick_bateman

patrick_bateman

My review is specifically for the 3.0 RB. This is a fabulous vehicle, with strong smooth engine, close ratio STI 6 speed manual gearbox. For a performance vehicle, it was surprisingly easy on both brakes and tyres. Sadly paint isn't a Subaru strong point and after 4 years the paint looked a little tired. Superb Air cond ( even on a black car), great opitronic instruments ..... It could have been an amazing car, with better steering feel, and split fold rear seat.
Strong Passive and Active Safety, Turbine like flat 6, Firm Bilstein suspension, outstanding Mcintosh Stereo, Great Airconditioning
Paint doesn't wear well, no rear folding seat, steering feel worse than the best europeans, poor fuel economy, Subaru dealers

Badge3.0R-B
Engine Size3.0

Great value for money, luxury car with the sport performance is something I was looking for a long time. Leather interior and slick exterior completes the image of the car. Tuned by STI (Subaru Tecnica International) makes the ride externally pleasant on any road in any weather condition. Strongly recommend Subaru Liberty GT 2.0 - the best car on market in that price range!
Extremely comfortable, luxury interior, slick exterior, great performance of Turbo engine.
Didn't find any!

Subyfan

Subyfan

Gaz36
Gaz36

This is my second Turbo Subaru and my first Liberty. It is very functional, stylish, safe, has unbelievable grip in wet. Dont bother with cumbersome SUV's as they are not as safe and general handling is cumbersome and poor, would recommend this to anyone as the no.1 pick for a mid-size wagon or a gfor rowing family.
Liberty 2.5GT: Build Quality, Stereo, Handling, Massive Sunroof, Style, Chassis Grip, Safety, Engine Performance great when revved -Almost everything.
Needs more mid range power,better economy and better paint quality.

scenicpeak

scenicpeak

Good

This was the second Liberty I owned. I think they are a great car, particularly any model with the leather seats. Resale value has been stellar. I would have bought again but don't like the new styling.
Styling, fit and finish, resale
Engine (weak), pricing

KB428

KB428

OK

BadgeGT
nessjez

nessjez

Good

We've had our 2007 Liberty for 6 months and we're really happy with it. The 2007 update gave the interior a nicer finish and we really like the look of the car. I'd probably go for the 2.5 if I had my time again, the auto transmission holds first gear too long to get the most revs out of the engine and I reckon the 2.5 would have a bit more pull, but we don't regret buying a Liberty at all.
Looks great, drives well, big cargo area, nice interior
Auto transmission doesn't match well to the 2 litre engine. Could have more legroom in the rear seat.

bigbadbaz
bigbadbaz

This is a great car. You would have to spend at least another $30K to match anything like the 3.0RB in performance and luxury. The 6 speed manual is fun to drive - even in traffic. Insurance is a lot cheaper than the GT. You would not be dissapointed.
Performance, handling, comfort, quality, styling - everything.
Small Boot (Sedan) and there is no fold down/split rear seat.

juliannep

juliannep

Great car. Go and take one for a test drive and you will be impressed. It is really good on fuel too.
Very stylish, smooth ride, interior is comfortable and looks great. Is a wonderful family car and the boot fits a pram and you still have a lot of room for shopping, etc. I was a bit hesitant about buying the car because of servicing costs and the like, but I was wrong, it is well worth buying and we love our Subaru. We love the leather interior and the drivers seat is electronic with 2 positions in memory. This comes in handy. I'd highly recommend buying this car. We love ours.
Would have liked bluetooth connectivity as standard.

kinesiologist

Date PurchasedDec 2016

DJA

DJAasked

Liberty

Hi My Subaru 2010 liberty exiga my11 odo 230K kms has recently had an issue as when I accelerate it, randomly feel jerky, slipped one or two beats then driving back to normal. Searching on Google NRMA shows me there are 9 reasons causing similar issue like that. So far i replaced 4x spark plugs but the issue unsorted. Please kindly advise me what to do next step. Many thanks. James

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ DJA, We recommend getting in touch with your nearest or preferred Subaru service centre. The service team will be able to assist you further through an inspection and diagnosis of your Liberty Exiga. Please use this link to get in touch with one of our service centres today. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Hards

Hardsasked

Liberty 4GEN (2003-2009)

Hi. Looking to purchase a 2004 Subaru Liberty GT 4GEN Premium Pack. It has 150,000k on the clock, regularly serviced and appears well looked after. Any common issues with this model I should be wary of ? Thanks!

Shameem
Shameem

My one was the base model(4cyl). I didn’t face a single issue in last twelve years. Just normal wear and tear.

jordan s

jordan sasked

Liberty

If i were to buy parts from a 2001 suburu liberty 2.5rx for a 2002 model would they fit? Ill need everything for the front right/tire. Steering rod wishbone. Tire pushed back into the wheel well in full lock.

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ jordan s, Simply use this link to locate your nearest or preferred Subaru parts and accessories retailer and our friendly parts team will be able to help you further. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives