Subaru Outback (No Badge)

Subaru Outback (No Badge) (2020-2022) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Subaru Outback (No Badge) 2021 and Subaru Outback (No Badge) 2023.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

1 question from our users

Rob D.
Rob D.asked
Outback (No Badge) (2020-2022)

my new work supplied lease vehicle was ordered june 2021 to replace my work leased 2017 subaru outback in late september 2021.
delivery/handover did not occur until mid february 2022.
this is my 3rd work leased subaru outback and i am impressed with the handling and performce of all the subaru outback vehicles i have had.
i was sceptical with my 1st 2014 model because prior to that i had 3 different models of the ford territory that i loved i believe nothing could beat it for performace, handling & comfort.
i conceed i have been converted.
now back to the outback.
i have to say, the 2017 model is my much preferred to the 2021 model with bigger storage tray in front of the gear stick, more plug in ports including in the centre console, bigger glovebox compartment, less annoying distractions safety alarms that could be turned off permanently and not default back to reset after restarting the vehicle
i need a cigarette charge port for my work laptop & in the 2021 model it is in the glovebox.
absolute pain to plug into & run the cable & reduces my cable length to the laptop
2017 model had one in front of gear stick & one in centre console. (much better access)
stupid little parcel shelf above glove box & difficult usb port access in front of the gear stick with small opening for a person with large hands.
admittedly this does not affect the 2021 vehicle performance and handling.
as i do a lot of highway driving my biggest gripe is the change of the cruise control settings which it critical to me because with my place of employment, its instant dismissal if i receive 3 traffic infrigments in one year.
the 2017 model cruise setting was great and i could use the toggle at half way to increase or decrease speed in 1km increments or 10km increments if toggle is pushed all the way.
the 2021 model only has 5km or 10km increments which is disappointing.
many times on 100km highway with cruise set at 105km i overtake a vehicle travelling at under 100km taking my speed to over 105km and hit resume after overtaking and it jumps to 110km.
very annoying and having to constantly resetting the cruise.
never had that issue with 2017 model because of the better 1km increment set up on the cruise toggle setting.
i have asked the local dealership here to change the setting to 1km increments but was told it cannot be done.
overall great car but the 2017 was better for my choice with storage access, plug in ports access & cruise control settings.
just realised one other point.
when backing a trailer, the rear sensor alarm activates and is constantly annoying & destracting when trying to concentrate on mirrors while reversing.

Ivan36
Ivan36
Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru AustraliaSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru Outback (No Badge) (2020-2022)

Other Large / 7 Seater SUVs