Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD 2020 and Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD 2022.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

• Comfort
  • Features
Imprezive!
Imprezive!Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is it really worth that extra $$$?

Peterrob
PeterrobSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK, but...

Bought the XV new from local dealer July 2019. Test drove their demo model first, couldn't find any faults. BUT, my car has what seems to be typical Subaru CVT issues. If there was such a thing as kangaroo petrol, I've got it. The car very quickly exhibited jerky acceleration, would shudder when going around 60kmh. Took it back to the dealer, who told me it will settle down. Wrote to Subaru who deftly shunted me sideways to the dealer, whose last words to me were 'drive it hard'. Now the behaviour has shifted to not so subtle roughness when accelerating, so still faulty. It's a real shame, because otherwise it's not bad a s a compact SUV. Total travelled is 7K. I drive our other car in preference to the XV. Won't repeat hit purchase.

Purchased in July 2019 for $39,000.00.

Stevomelbourne

2018 XV L great car so far

Date PurchasedJune 2018
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Stevo, Thank you so much for your excellent review! It’s great to hear that 2 years on you are still enjoying your Subaru. If we could ask one favour, we would love to see this on Google reviews. Happy driving @Stevo! The Subaru Team.

Stevo

No thanks I stay as far away from Google as i can, and at the risk of sounding snarky nobody at Subaru has done me any favours unless i pay for it.

Small / Compact SUVs

Find out how Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD compares to other Small / Compact SUVs

Practical, Safe rugged car

I am now on my sixth Subaru. From the Sportswagon, two Foresters, and Impreza, and Outback and now a 2018 XV. I've had nothing but reliability. No Subaru has ever let me down or cost me a fortune. The XV is the best car ever. The Safety tech ad creature features are just amazing.
I have only ever got these cars serviced once a year, on their birthday, by the dealer. I do about 10Km per year. 80% in town, the rest off-road. I don't do mods to them, just add some amateur radios and antennae. Go Subaru!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Louie
LouieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Fantastic.. so much fun to drive. This is my 4th Subaru and I wont buy anything else, each one has surpassed the last. the vehicle is comfortable and roomy with all the options you could want. Most complaints I see are that they are short on power. Drive it like you stole it...... that's how they like to be driven. If you keep the revs up, there is plenty of power there for a 4 cylinder / 2 litre vehicle.

TransmissionManual