6Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD
Part of Subaru XV  3.4

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD (2017-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD 2023 and Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD 2025.
6Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD

Features

LAR
LARPerth, WA

Love my Subaru XV

I owned a 2012 model and then bought a 2022 model because I just really liked it. Was a good price point for me, I like the dash and the steering wheel feeling like it had weight (wasn't a fan of the sparse look of other cars). I really like the extra ride height. The only issue is space - sometimes I throw my bike in the back but it takes a bit of working out in the new version.
I usually commute just to work but have taken it on the occasional road trip and its done well so far. Show details ·  1
Trevor D.
Trevor D.Hobart, TAS
  XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD

Love the car, interior wearing prematurely

Daily drive, purchased new 2020. No mechanical issues serviced as per log book. Front drivers seat stitching starting to wear at 40k have purchased seat covers but this is my only issue. Show details ·  1
Imprezive!
Imprezive!Metropolitan Adelaide, SA47 posts
Peterrob
PeterrobSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK, but

Bought the XV new from local dealer July 2019. Test drove their demo model first, couldn't find any faults. BUT, my car has what seems to be typical Subaru CVT issues. If there was such a thing as kangaroo petrol, I've got it. The car very quickly exhibited jerky acceleration, would shudder when going around 60kmh. Took it back to the dealer, who told me it will settle down. Wrote to Subaru who deftly shunted me sideways to the dealer, whose last words to me were 'drive it hard'. Now the behaviour has shifted to not so subtle roughness when accelerating, so still faulty. It's a real shame, because otherwise it's not bad a s a compact SUV. Total travelled is 7K. I drive our other car in preference to the XV. Won't repeat hit purchase. Show details ·  1
Stevo
Stevomelbourne57 posts
Raffy
Raffy

Practical, Safe rugged car

I am now on my sixth Subaru. From the Sportswagon, two Foresters, and Impreza, and Outback and now a 2018 XV. I've had nothing but reliability. No Subaru has ever let me down or cost me a fortune. The XV is the best car ever. The Safety tech ad creature features are just amazing.

I have only ever got these cars serviced once a year, on their birthday, by the dealer. I do about 10Km per year. 80% in town, the rest off-road. I don't do mods to them, just add some amateur radios and antennae. Go Subaru!

Louie
LouieSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Love it

Fantastic.. so much fun to drive. This is my 4th Subaru and I wont buy anything else, each one has surpassed the last. the vehicle is comfortable and roomy with all the options you could want. Most complaints I see are that they are short on power. Drive it like you stole it...... that's how they like to be driven. If you keep the revs up, there is plenty of power there for a 4 cylinder / 2 litre vehicle.

GT2036
GT2036Sydney2 posts
  XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD

Excellent value, great to drive and economical

The interior is well planned, spacious and has quality features. The driving position and vision are exceptional. I am getting 5-6L/100km for highway driving and 7-8L/100km for urban driving. Steering is light and responsive. Eyesight features like adaptive cruise control and safety warnings are impressive. Very happy with my choice.

K R
K R · XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD (2017-2024)

What does G5X mean

goluke171
goluke171 · XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD (2017-2024)

What is the difference between g4x and g5x?
Is the boot design differently? I have someone giving me a cargo boot mat which fit the g4x model. Can it be used in my xv 2020?

John
John · XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD (2017-2024)

What does G5 mean and what is the boot space in all your XV models

Compare all Subaru XV listings
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $35,292$40,359$37,156$32,850
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power115kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Phone Connectivity3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB
Security FeaturesImmobilizerImmobilizerImmobilizerImmobilizer
Steering Wheel AdjustmentTelescoping (Electric)Telescoping (Electric)Telescoping (Electric)Telescoping (Electric)
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)650 kg650 kg650 kg650 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Headlights
Headlight TypeHalogenHalogenHalogenHalogen
Headlight FeaturesAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/Off
Safety Features
CamerasRearRearRearRear
Cruise ControlAdaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)
Lane AssistanceLane Departure Warning (LDW)Lane Departure Warning (LDW)Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
Dimensions