Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2020 and Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2022.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

• Features
DannyK
DannyKHunter Region, NSW

Great Car For The Money

Purchased in September 2019.

vrxbeachboy
vrxbeachboy

Important Features I did not realise before my purchase. I thought Subarus Were better.

Purchased in August 2019 at Suttons for $35,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @vrxbeachboy, were so sorry to hear you had a bad experience when purchasing your XV. Please be assured that your feedback is appreciated, and we will be sure to pass it on to our Product and Planning team. Thank you.

Scotty74
Scotty74South East Queensland, QLD

Love this car

Purchased in July 2018 at Key star Subaru Rothwell for $37,500.00.

Find out how Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD compares to other Small / Compact SUVs

Please think carefully before buying this car!

Purchased in March 2018.

Janelle
JanelleIllawarra, NSW

Great little car

I needed a high wheel base vehicle. I bought a demo model that had all the safety tech. It is a smooth ride, my dad loves it, even my Euro car fan beloved loves it. I would like a little better fuel efficiency and the Carplay only works intermittently but otherwise I really like this car. Never had anything so new and hi tech!

Purchased in October 2018 for $34,800.00.

Noise Level

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2017
JSFWSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Love my XV!

Purchased in October 2018.

JSFW

6 months down the track and I still love it. I can fit my golf clubs and buggy in the boot and I guess thats pretty good! Radio still drifts in and out whereas it doesn't in the other car. It's my daily drive so already over 6K Kms. :-)

John
JohnSydney, NSW

CVT not good

This car is great except for one MAJOR glaring fault. It has a CVT transmission which shudders and jerks in bumper to bumper situations (Sydney traffic) at low speeds, when the revs are between 1000 and 18000 rpm.
Not a comfortable driving situation. Seems like it is on the verge of stalling. If it wasn't for that extremely annoying trait this would be an excellent car. The problem is so bad I am going to sell it and NEVER buy another CVT transmission. Also - I have researched this issue and it is obvious it is not just my car but a design fault. American owners are requesting a recall or a lawsuit.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
priceless21
priceless21South East Queensland, QLD

Great car - no regrets buying it

Okay I am not a car buff so I just wanted a comfy car that is safe and useful.
This is our main car - but I have kept my old Jazz as second car. (The Jazz has a bigger boot though)
Love the car very much and the eyesight safety is brilliant. So safe and this made it very cheap it insure - less than $500 comprehensive.
Love all the features, but wish the boot was as big as the Jazz.
Cost wise it was amazing value really. So pleased we bought it.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Alz
AlzCanterbury/West Coast, 8053, NZ

Great capable car Updated 3 yrs on

Purchased in August 2017 for $34,000.00.

2018 XV top of the range S Series,6K on the clock in 4weeks.

Mountains, hills, freeway, off-road, dirt corrugated tracks, car parks, pancake flat irrigation country, city peak ,CBD ,snow, rain, hail, flood, mud ,rocks, sand, gravel, dust and the tar all across SE Australia.-Sweet! .No issues. Relaxed driving. What more can you ask of a vehicle and with a 5 year warranty!
5.9-6.6 Litre /100 k Country, 7.7-8.2 City, 4WD off road 8.5-9.
Great all around car. Not a race car by any stretch, but more than capable with 21st century ergonomics and safety.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Plesantly surprised

Excellent dynamics
Good performance once you get used to the cvt's linear characteristics
Bullet proof engineering and quality
It's got enough power if you rev the happily revving engine
Don't pay too much attention to the critics about the power output being too low
Comfy and quite ride
Only criticism is the sound system being below expectations.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Alena
AlenaSydney

Shaking on low speeds

Hate this car! We were disappointed after 2 days of driving it. We just bought the 2018 Subaru XV and it shakes on low speeds. I always get stuck in traffic coming back from work and the whole 50 minutes I drive 20-30km/h. The car shakes and shudders the whole time and it feels that it's gone choke and stop. Hasn't fully stopped yet, though.

When we took it to the service we were told it's a software issue, they have an update for Impreza but not for XV. We were told to live with it until and if Subaru makes a software update for XV.

I don't recommend this car to anyone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
chillout0000
chillout0000Brisbane

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!

This car drives ok providing you do not drive under 40kms per hour. It stutters and shudders almost to the point of stopping. I have been told by Subaru that I need to modify my driving. After taking it back to Subaru many many times they haves said that it is a “characteristic” of the vehicle. Funny how they dont mention this in their shiny brochures. I drove a 2017 XV and loved it, but it appears that the 2018 release has this problem. I have found other 2018 owners and the problem is consistent with this model. Subaru do not have a fix - they admit it is a problem and basically we (and others) have been told to just live with it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH SUBARU!!!!!!! Fix it or give me (us) a refund...........

Date PurchasedNov 2017
bob
bob

Great car but too much technology.

Date PurchasedSept 2017